High Society Freeride SUPs

Are high society SUPs, like the Flagship, Wolf or ZG Inflatables any good for lake SUPing?

https://highsocietyfreeride.com/coll...ducts/flagship

wife and I got a couple of HS's last fall in the deal, looks to be about same if not better pricing this time around. good thickness on material and stable. seem durable as have tossed them around quite a bit and hardly a mark in the last year, I would say good use, 2-3 times week through summer. we have a thinner material sup and that gets pushed around in the wind and couple holes in short time use but good for long approaches for in / out or the extra loaner when needed.

would band again

/satisfied consumer

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    wife and I got a couple of HS's last fall in the deal, looks to be about same if not better pricing this time around. good thickness on material and stable. seem durable as have tossed them around quite a bit and hardly a mark in the last year, I would say good use, 2-3 times week through summer. we have a thinner material sup and that gets pushed around in the wind and couple holes in short time use but good for long approaches for in / out or the extra loaner when needed.

would band again

/satisfied consumer
    Thanks! Any idea what model you got? And which one is better for a beginner on a lake?

I have Hala boards, but based on that site, I would probably lean to the flagship or the Usshs one. Flagship is 32” so will be a little faster and may help cut the water a little better in a headwind, but you will have a little less stability. He other one is 36” wide, so much more stable but less maneuverable. The or zg or whatever is much lighter, so I would guess less durable. pass on that imo.
    The learning curve for flat water is pretty fast, so get something that can take you down the road a bit. Don’t get a “beginner” board. Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Thanks! Any idea what model you got? And which one is better for a beginner on a lake?
    I got the HS2 which is big, good for fly fishing off and the "barge" for everyone. wife rides the flagship and bit smaller, more manuverable. I would prob do that size for my next one.

Heads up much appreciated! Was looking for a barge for family trips. Have no idea if the roto coolers are any good, but impulse bought the round one.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I have Hala boards, but based on that site, I would probably lean to the flagship or the Usshs one. Flagship is 32” so will be a little faster and may help cut the water a little better in a headwind, but you will have a little less stability. He other one is 36” wide, so much more stable but less maneuverable. The or zg or whatever is much lighter, so I would guess less durable. pass on that imo.
    The learning curve for flat water is pretty fast, so get something that can take you down the road a bit. Don’t get a “beginner” board. Jmo
    Thanks for the advice!

Anyone know difference between NorthStar and Flagship? Is it just the pattern? Comparison table and specs look exactly the same....