Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Effective Glasses Fogging Techniques?

Hey, #1 thing is super near sighted and has to wear glasses.

Skiing in the pnw, he has lots of problems with fogging, either with glasses accommodating goggles or without goggles.

Haven't tried liquid soap treatment for the glasses yet. Any other wisdom out there to share?

Maybe it's just time to spring for the contacts?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Cat.

Name:  F824C50D-8389-4314-8301-44449C9C6724.jpeg
Views: 434
Size:  154.7 KB

Hock a luggie in there, wipe it around then wipe off.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

IME in decades of WW kayaking nothing really worked on my glasses

the smith turbo fans work pretty good until the wiring fucks up, I been thru 2 pairs and gave up

so now when the gog fog I catch a little slow forward motion and tip the bottom open to clear the lense

I think there are other brands that do some other kind of de-fogging ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I’ve always buffed a drop of Dawn dish soap on my glasses lenses and it works well for me, even playing hockey with glasses under my plexiglass shield (although in that application I had to apply to both my glasses and the shield). I’d give that a try first.

Getting good airflow is key. Make sure the vents are cleared top and bottom. Especially when it’s snowing. If you get any snow on the top vents, you will be fogging your glasses all goddamn day.

You can get a lot of humidity through the face foam. It traps sweat and snow. Use a paper towel or something like that to wipe it off every couple of hours. You’ll be surprised how much moisture is in there.

Look into the helmet/goggles interface.

For years I had vicious fogging problems - did two rounds of turbo fans, worked but did not last. Turns out my old boeri helmet's roundy padding, that stuck out past the shell, was seating neatly in the top vents, totally blocking them. I got a new Giro helmet, that not only leaves the vents clear, but also has a vent up above the rim, that is designed to shoot air down through the top goggle vent. Can induce ice cream headaches on super cold days (but beanie liner solves that), but it works great - no more fogging problems.

EDIT: oops, **glasses** fogging, not goggles. Still I think my comment could be helpful.
    Last edited by skizix; 12-22-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Whenever I ski with my glasses on, which is rarely, I ski with my Smith I O/X fan goggles. This prevents eyeglasses from fogging 100%.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Smith needs to put a plug on the wire 2" from the fan to make for an easy to replaceable cable/ battery box

they could make good bank selling battery boxes by the 6 pack an the goggle could be a loss-leader

Fan goggles. Scratched a cornea years ago and couldn’t wear contacts. It’s the only thing that works.

Seconding the idea of wire plugs. They are a bitch to solder.
    . . .

I would run the smith turbo fans on low, if i got mired down making a bunch of fog I swtich to high until I am back on the chair when i turn back to low,

putting a big elastic from a bunch of broccli around the battery box to hold it on the strap might make it last longer IME

and eat the Broccli cuz its good for you

My other half fought that. I got her goggles from sportrx.com. She hasn’t complained of fogging. They use some treatment. You can also move the prescription inserts to other goggles.

Zeiss fog defender. It saved my ski season last year... Covid mask + glasses + goggles = no good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ZEISS-Fog...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's the one I got, they also make individual wipes, which would be handy.

My glasses will not fog with this stuff. If I really get warm (like touring with goggles on) sometimes condensation will collect and run down the lense as a drip, but you can still see.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Contacts for sure

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Turbo fan goggles and wear them as soon as you leave the warm. Let your glasses get cold on the walk to the lift and you will be starting your day at a disadvantage.

Another vote for contacts. They work so much better than glasses for me that I'd wear contacts all the time if not for drying eyes--fortunately, every situation where glasses fog solves that.

Effective Glasses Fogging Techniques?

This year I’m using Julbo with superflow.

https://www.julbo.com/en_us/avoid-fo...ur-ski-goggles
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

You mean anti-fogging not fogging techniques? Sometimes it matters also on the type of lenses you are dealing with- glass, plastic in either Polycarbonate lenses or high index or a few other plastic lenses like trivex. Coatings for glare also enter into it.

Stuff like Cat , the scuba dive goggle anti-fog sold work in some cases. Dive anti-fog when I checked during the new mask wearing regulations was pretty high cost compared to Cat . Also have of course heard of the spit into the lenses and then wipe off. 3rd is alcohol, cheapest Vodka you can find or the other Isopropyl or denatured alcohol on the lenses. Also the old school white shave cream wiped on them is a cheap way and can help keep the fog away. But ventilation is also key. Ski googles cutting down on the air flow or the mask that do not seal around the top of the nose and redirect the warm breath toward the lenses is going to be harder.

Mrs mntlion uses a smith fan until it breaks.

then I bought a paintbal fan, 2cm*2cm, and installed that on a smith IOX. seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Mrs mntlion uses a smith fan until it breaks.

then I bought a paintbal fan, 2cm*2cm, and installed that on a smith IOX. seems to work
    got a link ?

As someone who used to battle this problem, and didn't wear contacts, only two things worked:

Smith Turbo goggles: expensive AF but effective
    Lasik: even more expensive AF but even more effective
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Contacts were my solution, and helped with other PNW recreation too.

I'm surprised more people aren't recommending prescription goggles.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    got a link ?
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/112276516898...YAAMXQ-3NRjebW