ISO - ~180cm Powder ski (Deathwish, Wildcat, Hoji, etc)

I am looking for a powder ski and also for an upcoming cat trip. Around 180cm and 330 BSL. 188+ is too much.
    Advanced but not expert, not hucking cliffs or landing switch.
    Flat or with bindings, new or used (but not abused).
    Also not sure how wide I actually need for a cat ski day? What can one get away with and still have fun? Widest I have now is a Ripstick 96.

A few that seem promising are Moment Deathwish, Wildcat, Hoji, Reckoner, etc. Also open to other suggestions.

I think the Rustler 11 might need more speed than I have, be less playful and harder to turn in trees so maybe not for me (or tell me I am wrong).

Read about the Origin 112 but don't know a lot about Liberty.

Recently missed a great deal on a DPS RP112, then a Reckoner 122.
    Last edited by m5d5cb; 12-21-2021 at 12:03 AM.

I have some new Rustler 11's up in gear swap, they are not a hard ski to ski and are easy in tight trees in my experience.

I also have some 183 Prior overlords I have been considering letting go. New last year, 5 days on them in very good condition.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Thanks for the reply. I did see your ad for the Rustlers and pondered it.
    I think I may be looking for something a bit more nimble and playful than both the Rustler and Overlord, but I am only reading feedback and have not skied either. Two commenters in this thread (I see you posted as well) said the Overlords are not a dancer and not nimble? Is the model you have the newer version to improve on this?

I'm not an expert and am looking for something that will be easy in trees.

What are your thoughts on both? Feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by m5d5cb; 12-20-2021 at 11:34 PM.

I've got a pair of 187 Protests if that isn't too much. They are nimble, easy, quick, stupidly versatile for a ski this big, and fun as fuck. Bases and edges are excellent as I recall. Pretty sure they are on their 3rd mount (can confirm tomorrow if you are interested). $100? Probably not worth shipping but I'm in SWMT so maybe we could figure something out.
    swing your fucking sword.

You took too much man, too much, too much

They are very different skis.

The Overlord is the newest version, it has a lot of taper in the tip and tail and a traditional mount point. Not that its a direct competitor as they ski very different but I saw the reference to the RP112 and thought taper and traditional mount point.... and since the Reckoner and Rp112 are also very different skis I figured I would throw one out of left field. In the end its chances are its not a match. I am also pretty sure once I do some more detuning they will be keepers.

I consider the R11 playful and nimble but that may tell you more about my skiing than the ski. It has a more modern mount point and is light for its size. I find them to pivot easily in tight places. I also think they work for a wide verity of skiers and are different tools depending on the length. So what someone says about a 188 may not play to the 180. There is a lot of feed back on this ski in here. I don't want to talk anyone into buying something I'm selling so I will let you find it if you want more info but am happy to answer questions.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Brand new 2022 184cm bentchetler 120s

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Solomon Blanks, the dead easiest pow ski I’ve tried. Even more so then the Protest or Pon2oon, and both of these make pow easy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks all for the replies and ideas. I sent a few PMs out.

I demoed both the Wildcat (184) and R11 (180). I bought the Wildcat for the additional float but R11 are easier to ski and require less speed than the Wildcat.

If you can find a used pair of 2015 to the year before they lightened up the bent chetler. Fun pow ski with a decent weight. You can mount a little back and it's still super surfy.

Got some Ripstick 106 180s I will sell you.

Got some 2nd gen Hojis, J ski Friend, Line supernatural 115, OG SFB (I think that's what they are), - bunch of shit
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

175 volkl Kuro? PM if needed

180cm Fischer Porohete 106, '09 model with Solly 912's(? iirc)
    Maybe 6 days on them, 8 years ago. Almost minty...in JH.

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Got some 2nd gen Hojis, J ski Friend, Line supernatural 115, OG SFB (I think that's what they are), - bunch of shit
    Interested in Friend if OP doesn’t want them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hi all, thanks for the great replies, ideas, and gear.

I went with Eluder's R11. Hope the heavy snow keeps up so I can get out on them soon.