Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Protip: "Night Driving Glasses" typically have bright yellow lenses. Get sum if you're bothered by ghetto leds, especially if you have a little bitty car that sits so low you're getting blasted by everyone's headlights.
    If you've ever worn goggles or shooting glasses with bright yellow lenses, you know how they can brighten up a dark day, and add tons of contrast to force-huck flat light... But at night, they totally take the edge off leds and misdirected hids.
    NERRRRRRRD

Ooh la la, boy do I miss France in the late 80's / early 90's, everyone ran yellow headlight covers. It was very civil. (But they didn't have any Moose!)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It can be that way again with lunettes de conduite de nuit... Vive le France!

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    NERRRRRRRD
    I'm a driver
    I'm a winner

You are a loser
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Protip: "Night Driving Glasses" typically have bright yellow lenses. Get sum if you're bothered by ghetto leds, especially if you have a little bitty car that sits so low you're getting blasted by everyone's headlights.
    If you've ever worn goggles or shooting glasses with bright yellow lenses, you know how they can brighten up a dark day, and add tons of contrast to force-huck flat light... But at night, they totally take the edge off leds and misdirected hids.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3842.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	397104

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heh, I’ve been thinking about a pair of night driving glasses for awhile now actually.

In the winter months I’m commuting 2hrs a day in the dark on a shitty two lane road with the occasional large critter and not so occasional bright light asshat.

I've been looking for an excuse to rock the Walter Aviators.

Now I'll be able to see what happens when you find someone in the alps!

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

I’m waiting for Vuarnet to bring back these:

Name:	Image1639780750.330757.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	397115

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Heh, I’ve been thinking about a pair of night driving glasses for awhile now actually.
    I have a pair. Decent glasses. Didn't really help on-coming glare or actual night driving but they are good for low-light times in the winter and around dusk. Wear them on the moto/mtb mostly - properly polarized so they cut the water glare impressively so expect to use them fishing. Not bad for $25 and look a little less "I'm on the way to the range" than Walter's.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I had a guy behind me once in N AZ on a looonnnggggg stretch of 2 lane highway. No opposing traffic at all and plenty of passing opportunity, but he just hung out right behind me with his brights on. So I had all the time in the world to aim my mirrors and get the perfect reflection back at him. You could tell exactly when I got it just right because he backed off a ways, and eventually turned his brights off. Still stayed behind me though.
    My Dad showed me this trick on our first cross country drive. Just point the mirrors back so they are not in your eyes and forget about them.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    At least adaptive headlights are on the way - https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/a...ture-bill-law/
    How does this technology distinguish between an oncoming vehicle as opposed to say, a bull elk or a down tree when deciding to shut off strings of LEDs?

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    My Dad showed me this trick on our first cross country drive. Just point the mirrors back so they are not in your eyes and forget about them.
    Yeah that's what I normally do. It's not nearly as satisfying though.

I'm a driver
    I'm a winner
    Things are gonna change I can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    And there is DEFINITELY a correlation between the drivers with insanely bright lights that are pointed exactly through your rear window and tailgating. Super aggro driving in brodozers seem to be the worst offenders. A large Venn diagram could be made from those two demos alone.

Damn near got taken out on the highway the other night by one. NOBODY in the left lane so he had all the opportunity in the world to pass. I was chilling at speed limit in my mommy-mobile, but nope. Asshole comes out of nowhere, wanting to go warp speed and gotta beam the shit out of me with his headlights 3 inches off my bumper. Then after a few miles of driving like that, he does that whole swerve hard to pass move, missing me by inches, engine roaring, as he swerves back to the right lane to do the same thing to the NEXT guy ahead. Passing lane still totally clear. Some serious 'roid rage going on out there or something.

If it would vaporize the car behind you it could work
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Name:	IMG_3842.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	397104

The big Lebowski is back on netflix so last night I watched, noticed HOW he took off those glasses ... pretty wierd
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know