Eye drops to loose your readers

I don’t mind reading glasses except for when I don’t have them. Which is too frequent and I never carry them in the bc. It seems the drops are use as needed, so I would likely use them infrequently in life. However reading a map, phone or watch gps would be greatly improved with these. Maybe

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vuity-e...-fda-approved/

I would be very hesitant to put something like that in my eyes. And what if it blurs your longrange vision? Article does not address that. Interesting idea though.

If it is truly no worse long term than wearing reading glasses for the entirety of the day when doing anything computer related I'm in. Part of the problem is the viscous cycle of the more I wore the glasses, the more I was blind without them. So, now it's pretty much readers all day unless I'm driving or not looking at a screen smaller than 50".

How does it differ from the surgical options?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I would not be an early adopter but definitely is interesting

If you loosen your readers, they will fall off of your face anyway.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

interesting, i keep the keychain version of these in the pack in case i need to fiddle with the bike or skis

https://www.thinoptics.com/?gclsrc=a...QaAltNEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonzola View Post
    interesting, i keep the keychain version of these in the pack in case i need to fiddle with the bike or skis

Me too.. I'm hopeless/helpless without reading glasses handy just about everywhere now.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Got these drops yesterday. Only got the 1% version for now. Burned my eyes for a couple minutes and made them red. I do think there was some improvement throughout the day with my near vision. Didn’t notice any problems with far vision. Only day one, I’ll update in a couple more days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So apparently they work by reducing pupil size - exactly like stepping down aperture on a camera lens to get greater depth of field. Obvious downside is less light comes in. Seems a pretty big downside given the times I have difficulty reading is in dark environments or for things like night driving.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I don’t mind reading glasses except for when I don’t have them. Which is too frequent and I never carry them in the bc. It seems the drops are use as needed, so I would likely use them infrequently in life. However reading a map, phone or watch gps would be greatly improved with these. Maybe
    ]
    My buddy buys an Ortovox S-1 wearing his glasses, we get out in Rogers pass big aviy terrain and he sez can't read the display with his contacts in

"No worries bro I will just hold my breath till you get back here with your reading glasses " eventualy I remember telling him to give that fucking POS to his kid with the good eyes and get something he can read
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    My buddy buys an Ortovox S-1 wearing his glasses, we get out in Rogers pass big aviy terrain and he sez can't read the display with his contacts in

"No worries bro I will just hold my breath till you get back here with your reading glasses " eventualy I remember telling him to give that fucking POS to his kid with the good eyes and get something he can read
    Get a plastic fresnel lens magnifier
    Hole punch it and attach to his beacon lanyard.
    Wayyy safer than expecting him to find his readers after an avy burial.

I used to have one on my pass lanyard so I could read my cell phone. Then I bought contact lenses that allow me to read shit.
    . . .

This has to be one of the most embarrassing TGR threads ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonzola View Post

I just placed an order -- thanks ... I think?

(Maybe I'll buy yet another pair of carbon fiber skimo race boots to be feel better about myself now.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Get a plastic fresnel lens magnifier
    Hole punch it and attach to his beacon lanyard.
    Wayyy safer than expecting him to find his readers after an avy burial.

I used to have one on my pass lanyard so I could read my cell phone. Then I bought contact lenses that allow me to read shit.
    well the comic value of buddy not being able to see shit in big terrain at -23C was priceless but nobody died,
    same guy couldn't read the hashmarks on his flicklock ski poles

so your takaway might be to make sure you can actulay see shit

as a " privilegded pensioned tosspot " I have lots of time so I emailed BD and pointed out their customer base is an aging demographic/ older than dirt so maybe they could make the printing on their products bigger,

i duno if they ever did anyhting but a priveleged pensioned tosspot did tell them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

following. readers are a curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I read about these, but the side effects (dimming, as mentioned here in an earlier post, and frontal headaches, a common side effect of pilocarpine) may prevent these from becoming very popular. Great option for situations or jobs where you can't wear glasses, and for those lucky ones that don't get the headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    This has to be one of the most embarrassing TGR threads ever.
    meh i keep em in the baggie of tp

solid use of tech talk there cat, old guy gear is very in these days

I store it glued to the back of my phone case
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639772369.659833.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	905.3 KB 
ID:	397098
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So after a few days of use, here’s my opinion. They work, would maybe work better with a higher concentration. I have the 1%. There is a significant dimming of light at night due to pupil contraction. Didn’t bother me, but was noticeable. Didn’t notice it in the daylight. Even with the dimming, I could read things much better without readers. Didn’t notice any long distance vision issues.

so how does one go about acquiring this mystical concoction?

My vision has actually been getting better, especially since some laser surgery to improve eye pressure drainage. Which is weird. I used to wear progressives (very light above, 1.5 below) all the time. Don't anymore. Distance is now better without specs, and would love to reduce the reliance on the readers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Tifosi makes sunglasses with built-in readers.

just approved....actually a reformulation of a hundred year old medicine....not covered by insurance....about 80+$ per month out of pocket.....works best on younger presbyopia ie 40 and 50 year olds supposedly.....actually just makes pupils smaller for pinhole camera affect....pretty safe....no real life experience by eye docs yet just the approval studies.....we shall "see" !?

it's not for everybody, but my solution is to wear a contact in one eye for distance, and nothing in my other eye for reading. Some many need to use two different strength contacts. Took some getting used to, but now my brain doesn't know the difference. I no longer have any glasses

My eye doc says it is harder for men then women to adapt, so maybe wear a dress for the first few days

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Forgot to add, the drops burned my eyes for about 30 seconds and the were red for a few minutes. Good Rx took the cost from $80 to $24. Not sure if the improvement is worth the hassle of adding yet another drug to the Morning routine.