Best Wrenchin Shows on TV

Figured I would make this separate from the Wrenchin thread, so it doesn't get lost in there.

What are your favorite car and truck fab shows?

There are a lot of really bad ones that are basically just hour long ads. I am talking about the shows you actually learn a lot from.
    My two favorites:

Full Custom Garage- Ian is a wizard with metal fab. I don't always like what he builds, but I always watch. Only negative is that he only seems to have one customer- Victor Cacho, who seems to fund the show. I learn so much from this show, and Ian is chill. No bs drama, just custom fab and knowledge.

Fantomworks- Not a lot of manufactured drama, cool unique old builds. My favorite part is when they sit down with the client at the end and spell out exactly how many hours went into the build, and they tell them the price straight up. Lots of these shows make it seem like they do these builds in a week and they cost $20,000. One old 1930's car they did, they had 2800 hours in, and the guy had supplied almost all the parts himself. It was an amazing build with wooden wheels and everything. Not my taste for $350,000+, but a really cool build.

Honorable mention-
    Bitchin Rides- I hate the sing song way they narrate, and there is some silly drama bs, but the builds are sweet. They are SLC based- Kindig-It Designs. Tons of Sema builds. The artistry helps me ignore the show format.

What are you watching?

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Also love Chasing Classic Cars, but there isn't much wrenching. I drive by that place all the time in Portland, CT.
    I would love to poke my head in there one day, but I wouldn't want to find out Wayne is not cool.
    I mean I am sure he would be cool if I was looking to shell out the cash for a Ferrari or something, but I doubt he wants fans swinging by.

Roadkill Garage and Hot Rod Garage on Motortrend.

Vice grip garage on the YouTubes! Help a guy understand! I wonder what Shania Twain is up to right now? The guy is the Bob Ross of wrenches.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Dirt every Day with Fred and Dave. I used to like Ian's builds but he's pretty much the Guy Fieri of off road TV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

On television
    Wheeler Dealers
    Roadkill Garage

Prefer YouTube wrenching shows though more wrenching less BS. Theses guys have achieved a good balance of strong content, useful information, cheeky delivery and decent amateur production values.

South Main Auto
    Vice Grip Garage
    Legit Street Cars
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Best Wrenchin Shows on TV

Early Roadkill and Roadkill Garage are great. The new stuff is good but much more polished and professional in a bad way. The “Extra” stuff has some good content and there are a ton of them.

Roadkill Extra
    Dirt Every Day
    DED Extra
    Faster With Finnegan
    Junkyard Gold
    Hot Rod Garage
    Engine Masters is great if you really want to nerd out

YouTube has a ton of stuff, though I think Vice Grip Garage is the best mix of info and entertainment.

Finnegan’s Garage, has some nice tie-ins with the Motortrend shows.

Junkyard Digs. Hit or miss and he bitches a lot lately about how busy he is creating content, but he and Thunderhead289 did some revivals together that are really good.

Dylan McCool. Bone dry, but informative and he covers some really deep dive stuff.

RESTORED
    classicmustangs429
    Mortske Repair

The Hagerty channel has some gems. Redline Rebuilds is informative. Barn Find Hunter is good inspiration to find your next project, and Tom Cotter has an encyclopedic knowledge of classic cars.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Wrenchin' shows or car tech shows? For actual wrenching and learning stuff, I like Wheeler Dealers, Garage Squad, Truck U, Car Fix, All Girls Garage and if that Worman guy wasn't "the star" I'd like Graveyard Cars too.

@warthog - I stop by F40 a few times a year to check out the shiny stuff in the showroom and what they're working on in the other building. In all the times I've been there Wayne hasn't been around, I missed him by minutes once as he was pulling out of the lot in what looked and sounded like an old DB4. There is some really cool old stuff hanging out in that other building at the end of the lot, you should stop and be a stalker peering in through the dusty glass sometime, you sure won't be the first (or last).

Peep my YouTube thread.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hlight=youtube

Sizzle chest.

Damn, lots of good stuff. I will check out Dirt Every Day and Vice Grip. Those sound like good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Dirt every Day with Fred and Dave. I used to like Ian's builds but he's pretty much the Guy Fieri of off road TV.

Ian from Full Custom, or a different guy? I can't imagine that Ian being referred to in the same breath as Guy Fieri.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Damn, lots of good stuff. I will check out Dirt Every Day and Vice Grip.
    Just go ahead and pay for the Motortrend OnDemand subscription. $5/month well spent, IMO. There are some other decent, non-wrenching shows, plus you get access to some Top Gear episodes (I subscribe through Amazon, so I'm not always clear what's coming from Prime and what's coming from MTOD).
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

On YouTube which you can watch on your TV so I guess it counts?
    Check out:
    M539 Restorations https://www.youtube.com/c/M539Restorations/videos mostly BMW work but guy is highly competent and entertaining
    Practical Enthusiast https://www.youtube.com/c/PracticalEnthusiast/videos dude fixes and overhauls stuff in his home garage
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Vlad and Garage 54

https://www.youtube.com/c/Garage54ENG/videos

Vlad is a deranged genius.

Rich Rebuilds is a really fun channel. Does lots of nutty stuff with Teslas.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RichRebuilds

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Ian from Full Custom, or a different guy? I can't imagine that Ian being referred to in the same breath as Guy Fieri.
    Different. Ian from xtreme off road. He has some really cool builds and wheels them hard but he just rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Just go ahead and pay for the Motortrend OnDemand subscription. $5/month well spent, IMO. There are some other decent, non-wrenching shows, plus you get access to some Top Gear episodes (I subscribe through Amazon, so I'm not always clear what's coming from Prime and what's coming from MTOD).
    It looks like I get most of it through Hulu already. Couldn't find Vice Grip Garage though, so maybe I need to add on.

Edit- I see Vice Grip is on Youtube.

I don't have a TV, but all of the car-centric stuff on TV always seemed way overproduced anyway.

On Youtube I like Deboss Garage, Fab Rats, Dirt Lifestyle (I skip the episodes where he's out #overlanding, and just watch the fab)

Moonshiners.

Iron Resurrection and Wheeler Dealers when it was Edd China

I think all 3 versions of wheeler dealers are good, the new guy knows his shit and Ant just had a way of making things look possible for anybody.