Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Sell puts in blue chips you’d be buying lower anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    IBond question. In order to get another $10k worth, does my wife need a separate account, or can I add her to mine as a secondary owner or beneficiary?
    Separate account number, SSN, etc.

I’ve been looking into investing proceeds from a 1031 exchange into other investments. Looking like I’ll be going into some commercial and residential properties but for a while DSTs and REITs were on the table. Still might go into DSTs if I have enough left after other deals. $10k probably isn’t enough to do that kind of thing but if you end up wanting to invest more it can be a good option.

Buy 210cm Skis. Sell all the 20mm skis.

send all the money to me. from my perspective it's a wise investment. i feel like i cant go wrong w you investing you money in me. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Robo advisors. Low management fee and you control your risk rate. I went with Wealthfront years ago because our friend was the CFO. Others may have more to offer, but I'm happy with what they do. Tax loss harvesting is a nice feature.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/best/investing/robo-advisors
    Ultimately, this seems like a good answer. Because yeah, I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to achieve LeeLau levels of proficiency. Although all of the things he's said in here that I don't really understand do sound interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Ultimately, this seems like a good answer. Because yeah, I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to achieve LeeLau levels of proficiency. Although all of the things he's said in here that I don't really understand do sound interesting.
    I used to use the Vanguard robo advisor and liked it. Once we got more $$ in there I decided to go with an actual advisor. Expense is .03% so not bad. I think the robo advisor is like .02% maybe?

Just opened a Treasury Direct Acct. Super easy. Gonna do one for wife too. Almost seems too good to be true. Like a CD, that actually gives a good rate.
    Been wanting to buy a rental property, but that’s unlikely to happen anytime soon.

However many are in a shit ton.

Just dump it all in VOO, set it to reinvest all dividends, and stop stressing out trying to figure out how to outperform the market to eek out an extra 1% return while compounding your risk.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

^^^if you don't want to gamble, that is what I would (am) doing, VOO, VTI, VNQ. But I'm not a large sum at one time. Buying mid-month Mondays. I'm guessing 2020's to look like 2000's.

I had thought OP was asking for more exciting options :-)

Breckenridge real estate.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Should we drop another $10k in Treasury I bonds right now or wait until later in the year?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Where would you be putting money right now?

Stock market has been soaring for quite a while now, but it seems like that can't last (although maybe there are bastions of safety to be found?). Real estate also seems overvalued in a lot of places (although maybe not everywhere?). Most "safe" investment options are yielding low returns, which doesn't seem like a great option in the current era of high inflation.

So what's a safe-ish bet that'll stay in front of inflation? Hookers and blow? Horde skis like climate change isn't a thing? Buy soon-to-be ocean front property in Nevada because climate change is a thing?
    So my method is boring. Very boring, but it seems to work. But you have to take the good with the bad. I don't try to time the market and generally follow the Vanguard/Bogleheads approach to investing.

Bogleheads® emphasize regular saving, broad diversification, and sticking to one's investment plan regardless of market conditions. We follow a small number of simple investment principles that have been shown over time to produce risk-adjusted returns far greater than those achieved by the average investor.
    Assuming the emergency fund, etc. is in place, then the investment priority is:
    1. 401k/403b up to the company match
    2. Max out Roth
    3. Max out 401k/403b
    4. Taxable Investing

I don't think real estate is a bad option either...but besides that, I don't put money in too many other places. And though the robo advisors are a good concept, I think they are too costly (as are Target Retirement funds), when you can mirror similar principles for much lower expense ratios, especially with Vanguard Admiral funds.

Oh, I have another investing option: buying skis from Marshal's new ski company. https://heritagelabskis.com/

/\ /\ /\
    Is that a No on the I-Bonds?

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I don't know, a lot of nursing homes lost a significant amount of their "customers" to covid and have entire wings sitting empty. Plus endless staffing shortages.
    Source? Seems Covid may have added as many or more than it took away.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Source? Seems Covid may have added as many or more than it took away.
    Anecdotal. I spent a couple days working in a large facility that had closed 2 wings. Head nurse described the situation to me. Two other LPNs I was taking classes from said the same. I'm sure it is fluid.

High horsepower, limited edition, ICE cars.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    High horsepower, limited edition, ICE cars.
    Global warming is going to make cars that drive on ice go the way of the dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Global warming is going to make cars that drive on ice go the way of the dodo.

Thanks for supporting my claim. That's what creates scarcity.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

thems already expensive... while i'm sure they will appreciate, i'm looking for something with a lower entry cost.

ETH.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    ETH.
    My man.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Undervalued high yielding midstream stocks.

Google (Alphabet) is doing a 20:1 stock split in July. Could be a good time to buy a few shares now because you'll have 20X that amount after the split, and it's tough to see a juggernaut like Google being knocked off its perch by any new technologies that they don't already have their fingers in.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/goog...ock-split.html

Red face

Oddly enough, even during a pandemic, this question is always relevant. For businessmen I even have stupid spam posts designed especially for you. But I would invest in spam, spam, eggs, and spam. Because if you are constantly engaged in your dumbass spamming you will have more annoying thoughts about future spam. Do you agree with me?
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 02-27-2022 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Report all spambots!