Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    2-3 of these and Deadwood re-runs.
    Huzzah! and Happy Holidays
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1871.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	317.1 KB 
ID:	396565
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Can't quite picture Swearengen using that glass

or drink any beverage with a cherry
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia View Post
    Last night I was hitting the Johnny Walker Blue mixed with coconut milk egg nog.

It was fantastic.
    Weird, I was hitting your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Best DSM thread ever.

Scotch. 1 big rock. Singlemalt. Preferably peaty. Done.
    Sounds good. If you like the taste of decomposed vegetation
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Best DSM thread ever.
    I had the same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    not setting a real high bar there....
    I had the same thought.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anything with egg nog and a healthy amount of nutmeg. We're not peasants here. Live a little!

Otherwise, +1 on a single malt scotch. Or red wine.

I even have some German mulled wine on the shelf I should get after.

I've got pretty much 3 go-to cocktails during the holidays:

Cranberry Gin & Tonic

From the Thanksgiving thread:

Manhattans:

From the Christmastime thread:

And of course Nog.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    or drink any beverage with a cherry
    Perhaps with a canned peach slice?

I highly recommend Tom & Jerrys. My grandparents threw an annual Tom & Jerry holiday party in the 70s, complete with special punch bowl and mugs. I got to see their friends get seriously fucked up and dreamed "that will be me someday!"
    Kind of a production to make, especially for 10+ people, but if you're hosting a holiday gathering your guests will be impressed, and hammered.

Made some honey-spiced vodka (“polish”? Somewhere east) in September or so that turned out ok. Honey, ginger, vanilla bean, nutmeg, cloves, water, let cool. Add to vodka. Age months. Serve warmed.

magnus nilsson has a really good glögg recipe, that’s again, prep ahead but way better than an ikea bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I highly recommend Tom & Jerrys. My grandparents threw an annual Tom & Jerry holiday party in the 70s, complete with special punch bowl and mugs. I got to see their friends get seriously fucked up and dreamed "that will be me someday!"
    Kind of a production to make, especially for 10+ people, but if you're hosting a holiday gathering your guests will be impressed, and hammered.
    Brandy Tom & Jerrys on Xmas morning are an Angle family tradition passed down for generations!

That, and one Christmas a long time ago, the kids opened up all their presents without us, like a bunch of barbarians. Hudge letdown for everybody. So now nobody opens anything until we're all assembled and had a T&J or two. Then we draw straws to appoint a Santa, who wears the Santa hat and passes out everyone's Christmas presents from under the tree, one at a time, in turn. Takes hours, and everybody gets to see their gifts being opened by the recipients, and gets a big warm brandy buzz. Much better!

I love tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Brandy Tom & Jerrys on Xmas morning are an Angle family tradition passed down for generations!

That, and one Christmas a long time ago, the kids opened up all their presents without us, like a bunch of barbarians. Hudge letdown for everybody. So now nobody opens anything until we're all assembled and had a T&J or two. Then we draw straws to appoint a Santa, who wears the Santa hat and passes out everyone's Christmas presents from under the tree, one at a time, in turn. Takes hours, and everybody gets to see their gifts being opened by the recipients, and gets a big warm brandy buzz. Much better!
    Ha! As a kid my sisters and I did this but we only opened a bit of each present to see what we got and thought we were so slick by taping them back up. Mom and Dad came down to a pile of presents that looked like 6 and 8 year olds wrapped them. Cause they did.

Ever since then it’s been a much more drawn out affair which gives us all time to have fresh squeezed OJ and Southern Comfort blended with a bit of ice. Not sure where that Christmas drink came from in our family but it sure has stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Other than a slimey limey from london that my sister dated, I've never met anyone who knew what a tom and jerry was. Do you have the special punch bowl and mugs too? the antique set my grandparents had was worth bank and my mom now keeps it on display in a china hutch, never to be used, only appreciated from afar. she's not quite the boozebag my grandparents were.

Had a friend drop off a bottle of homemade Irish cream the other night. It's good stuff! Now I just have to figure out what concoction to refill the bottle with before I send it back.

Other than a slimey limey from london that my sister dated, I've never met anyone who knew what a tom and jerry was. Do you have the special punch bowl and mugs too? the antique set my grandparents had was worth bank and my mom now keeps it on display in a china hutch, never to be used, only appreciated from afar. she's not quite the boozebag my grandparents were.
    Yeah, I think Tom & Jerrys were a thing in the 1950s? Maybe even before? It sure caught my attention when you brought it up, because nobody knows about it. Christmas guests and early callers are like, 'WTF is a Tom & Jerry?' so they have to get turned on, and they're always like, 'Hey! This is sum good stuff! Got any more?' Oh yeah!... Then it's like, "I hope Nancy and Sluggo didn't have many more stops today...They're passed out on the couch. heh."

We don't have a certain special T&J bowl and cups, but that's a great idea! Anchorage has a surprising number of antique shops, and I'm headed up to town tomorrow. Maybe I'll find just the right huge heavy ceramic punchbowl set do do it up right?

Thanks for the suggestion! And for bringing the whole thing up!

Tom&Jerry are a sconnie/upper Midwest thing.

This might be a little bit sweet for some, but I'm finding it to be the perfect after-dinner wind down dessert-ish drink.

1 of those big-ass 2" square ice cubes
    2oz Crown Royal Salted Caramel
    2oz 40 Creek creme liquor (or other whiskey based cream liquor)
    sprinkle of nutmeg

Name:  71SiVFVZceL._AC_SX466_.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  15.6 KB

Name:	cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	396821

Views:	40 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	396822

Name:  21117314_angle_a06_@2.png
Views: 254
Size:  222.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I love tradition.

Ha! As a kid my sisters and I did this but we only opened a bit of each present to see what we got and thought we were so slick by taping them back up. Mom and Dad came down to a pile of presents that looked like 6 and 8 year olds wrapped them. Cause they did.

Ever since then it’s been a much more drawn out affair which gives us all time to have fresh squeezed OJ and Southern Comfort blended with a bit of ice. Not sure where that Christmas drink came from in our family but it sure has stuck.
    Why ask why? Just enjoy those comfortable southern screws before the Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    This might be a little bit sweet for some, but I'm finding it to be the perfect after-dinner wind down dessert-ish drink.

1 of those big-ass 2" square ice cubes
    2oz Crown Royal Salted Caramel
    2oz 40 Creek creme liquor (or other whiskey based cream liquor)
    sprinkle of nutmeg

Name:  71SiVFVZceL._AC_SX466_.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  15.6 KB

Views:	38 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	396821

Views:	40 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	396822

Name:  21117314_angle_a06_@2.png
Views: 254
Size:  222.8 KB
    Sub out that caramel-flavored whiskey for regular whiskey and you're good to go. Basically, Bailey's with a bit more pep in it, and brought to holiday style with the 'meg.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Tom&Jerry are a sconnie/upper Midwest thing.
    Or people think that because Yogi Yorgesson got hammered on 12 of them.

They’re popular in Montana. One of the local grocery stores sells a lot of their store-made mix.

Your nutmeg comes in a jar?!?!?!?
    This barbarism has no bottom!!!!

I shave my nutmeg with a microplane like a barbarian. My siblings all got the fancy silver grinders that you can even store a few in the sealed chamber on top.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Your nutmeg comes in a jar?!?!?!?
    This barbarism has no bottom!!!!
    It's over a year old, too.

I am a heathen.