Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ordered Skis from Moment, FedEx has "lost" them

I pulled the trigger on a pair of Wildcat Tours on 11/27, Moment got them shipped the same day and they were due to arrive via FedEx 10 days ago. Long story short, tracking says they've been sitting at the local FedEx warehouse for the past 10 days. I've been calling FedEx almost daily trying to sort this out and now FedEx considered the skis "lost" even though the tracking says they're in a warehouse 45 min away (FedEx say me picking them up isn't an option). I emailed Moment this morning to make them aware but I'm not sure what they can do.

Are these gone? Any advice how to proceed? No way I'm letting $800 worth of skis go to the abyss that is FedEx.

That sucks. Track down your local driver and get the direct number to the warehouse. Forget trying to call the 800 number. May be worth a drive to the warehouse?
    It’s not like your money is gone, moment will file a claim and worst case is they’ll send a new pair and get reimbursed for the lost pair. It’s all gonna work out in the end

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Contact Moment customer service by phone and see how they want to proceed. Calling FedEx is a waste of time. This is Moment's problem to solve. You will get a pair of skis or a refund. At worst you may have to dispute the charge but that's probably not necessary. I've had stuff show up after weeks of no activity in tracking. You might want to wait a little longer before doing anything. Hope you have another pair of skis in the meantime.

Around here FedEx drivers are independent contractors. They even buy/rent their own vehicles (with FedEx logo wraps added. But, it really sounds like the package was never scanned by the driver at the warehouse.

You don't live in Alabama do you?

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/alabam...s-of-packages/
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

As the shipper of the item I suspect Moment likely as an FedEx account representative. Asking Moment to look into it is the first step I'd take. Spinning your wheels with a 1-800 number won't likely get you anywhere but frustrated. Good luck, and be patient. I've had items show up after being in the wind for a week or two without notice or tracking updates.

Thanks guys.

I've got other skis to use and the snow here currently sucks so waiting isn't costing me any good skiing.

I just emailed Moment so that will hopefully make something happen.

I even told FedEx I'd be willing to drive to the warehouse but that's not allowed (?). I can't even find a number or address for the warehouse so I'll try to flag down a FedEx driver if he comes by my work today.

FedEx 800 number is the definition of useless.

As previously stated, this is Moments issue to resolve. As the shipper, they will need to initiate any investigation and or claim with Fedex. Typically once the process starts either they find it right away or they 'investigate' for several business days before declaring the item a loss.

Some retailers will wait until the carrier concludes their search, others will do the claim process in the background and just ship you new skis or reimburse you immediately out of good will.

FedEx lost my snow tires at the local warehouse, after shipping them from a slightly further local warehouse (Fairfield -> Tracy -> Union City -> no further update). I called after a couple weeks, and they opened tickets. Besides some phone calls telling me to contact the shipper to start the lost shipment process if they weren't delivered that day, nothing changed in Fedex's tracking. A few days later, before starting the claim, I called my tire guy on the offchance they were delivered with no notice. He had them.

Good luck with the skis

Deal with both Fed Ex and UPS quite a bit for work and right now FED Ex tracking is a complete shit show/black hole.
    It's sitting in a corner somewhere and will most likely show up in about a week HOWEVER start the claim process with the shipper to cover your ass. Unless it's a tiny little DC getting a phone number will be useless cause they'll tell you to wait in line with everyone else. IF they could locate the package they'll put it on a truck for delivery rather than pickling it for will call. NO shipping company wants to start that shit show , especially this time of year.

Fedex has gone to shit around the country. We actively avoid shipping with them after we found out there is a parking lot outside of the city with a van where you can buy 'missing' items.

Since the IG investigation/audit started this Fall, USPS could not be better for us.

A ski box is the right shape and size to be leaned up against a wall in the fedex facility and forgotten….

Moment will get it fixed.

However, if you’re bored do some internet sleuthing to try to find the number of the distribution center. They try hard to keep that number a secret… I’ve had luck backsearching the address…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

This is in VT? These facilities are normally pretty well secured, but once you find the address, I may know a guy who can get you a Fed Ex uniform and might let you past the security gate for a small fee.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This is in VT? These facilities are normally pretty well secured, but once you find the address, I may know a guy who can get you a Fed Ex uniform and might let you past the security gate for a small fee.
    will that include a treasure map with "X" marks the spot or is it an extra fee?

Good luck. Recently had two packages shipped to me in the same delivery via FedEx. Left together. Arrived 2 weeks apart. Tracking was comical. One went from MT to AZ then made its way to TX. No biggie. Arrived in a couple days. The other one got separated along the way, went from MT to SLC to freaking Atlanta, up to Boston, like over to Kentucky, then to DC, then eventually found its way over here with a few other random stops along the way. WTF is going on with those guys over there? Hahaha

This was the song playing in my head as I watched my package ping pong all over the country...

Your skis are likely in the new warehouse right off of 89. I suspect Fed Ex hasn’t fully staffed it and they just don’t have the manpower to get shit done.

FedEx is a junk show, apparently everywhere.

A few months ago, a package from FlyLow was 'stuck' in their warehouse for nearly a week. After a call to their 800 number; it showed up. Related? I don't know, but in reading local subreddits, it's a widespread problem.

If you can, for anyone reading this; ship with anyone other than FedEx and hope that your vendor gives you an option to pick the carrier.

FedEx is definitely a shit show lately. This happened with a bike frame I bought earlier this year so I shouldn't be surprised.

I emailed Moment so I hope they get back to me ASAP.

I did bother the hell out of a FedEx 1800 operator long enough and actually got the number for the local warehouse. I then called the warehouse and the person said the skis are there but "probably stuck in a trailer somewhere." She also said I can come pick up them if I want.

However, the skis did show up on the tracking as "on the delivery truck" this morning. If they show up today, I'll be shocked. Worst case I drive my ass 45 min. to the warehouse tomorrow. The quest continues. What a fucking hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post

However, the skis did show up on the tracking as "on the delivery truck" this morning. If they show up today, I'll be shocked. Worst case I drive my ass 45 min. to the warehouse tomorrow. The quest continues. What a fucking hassle.
    This is exactly how it worked for me... called, logged a complaint, and the next day my package showed. It's almost as if they hope we won't notice delayed or missing packages. Then, when you complain, they're forced to do something about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Those rip away slacks are gonna blow his cover. He’ll be out 800 bucks, the uni money and no skis. Left only with a side gig and a story.

“Hey ladies! Did somebody….

order a PACKAGE!?!?!”

Sneakin’ into fed ex, eh? You got a death wish or something?

They’re in Burlington. You can still get there in time, if you take the ….

Oh wait for it.
    Here it comes….

If you take the NIGHT TRAIN!!!!!!

Beahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Get it? Night Train?

Oh what do you assholes know from funny anyway?

Sorry about your sticks bro. Agree with contacting moment as u did. Good luck!!!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Your skis are likely in the new warehouse right off of 89. I suspect Fed Ex hasn’t fully staffed it and they just don’t have the manpower to get shit done.
    fedex distribution center job near me was one of the shittiest, notorious for high work and low pay.

Hope you get your skis soon. But, while I understand you want your skis, this issue strikes me as "not your problem."
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    FedEx is a junk show, apparently everywhere.

A few months ago, a package from FlyLow was 'stuck' in their warehouse for nearly a week. After a call to their 800 number; it showed up. Related? I don't know, but in reading local subreddits, it's a widespread problem.

If you can, for anyone reading this; ship with anyone other than FedEx and hope that your vendor gives you an option to pick the carrier.
    Same exact experience from a different product mfr

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Relevant

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639503476.900714.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	394.1 KB 
ID:	396636

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Haha this scene has gone through my mind several times this week.