Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'21-'22 College Hoops

Not seeing a thread. If there is one let me know and I'll nuke this one.

Watching Cincinnati-X right now. Starting to look lik X gon' give it to 'em.

My Hoyas beat the hated Orange today, so it's a good day here. Boeheim has been the coach there since I was a sophomore in high school. My entire adult life. I'm kinda tired of him.

Big East is tough this year. So is the Big10. ACC is always good. The west looks weak. I’m stoked for an interesting season. I like college hoops

Another great Crosstown Shootout

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE898C9C-9A5D-462F-996C-8D55DBAEBAB8.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	396301

Also:

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Big East is tough this year.

Yup. Going to be a fun year.
    Looks like ‘Nova, UConn and the Hall are
    going to be top dogs. Non conference
    opponents watch out, anyone could beat ya.
    Remember the name Jordan Hawkins. He’s
    the real deal.
    Go Huskies !

I think the greatest tradition going in college sports right now is X head coach Travis Steele dropping a couple grand on the bar after each of his Crosstown Shootout wins over Cincinnati at XU dive Dana Gardens.

I have a hard time getting excited about college basketball until March. It's almost like a clean slate for half of the field at that point.. Only reason folks try really hard for their conference championship is when they NEED to win it to guarantee a spot in the big dance. It's even to the point where teams with a good seed locked will rest their best players and sit them out from the conference tournament around here. I do enjoy going to the games live though.. Rivalries too.. But other than that just meh until the real tournament starts.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

ok see you in March but thanks for sharing.

Welcome back to Xavier, Sean Miller.

I was not a fan of how he left X in the first place, but this should be a big upgrade over his former assistant Travis Steele. I liked Steele, but taking this team from a Top 25 ranking for most of the season to a disappointing 8 losses out of its final 10 games was too much for a team and a program this good.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ch/7103769001/

What the hell has happened to SEC basketball???

Much like my bracket, this thread went nowhere but now shows some slight indications of a possible late rally.

X holds off Vandy (and their one-man team of Pippen Jr.) to move onto the NIT Semifinals at MSG to face their old A-10 rival St. Bonaventure.

I know we’ve got at least one Bonnie here who’s got to be into this outside the Big Dance tourney.

Btw, is it me or is the NIT basically a lot of old A-10 teams? X, Bonnie, Dayton...

That should be a good game, when is it? Is Dayton still alive? I was impressed by them when I saw them late in the season.

Vandy beat Dayton last round, which X just retired.

X, St. Bonnie, Texas A&M and BYU head to The Garden on March 29.

Returning HC Sean Miller has to be stoked about the state of things on Victory Parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What the hell has happened to SEC basketball???
    Still got a couple alive, though my gamecocks certianly did their part for suckage.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    X holds off Vandy (and their one-man team of Pippen Jr.) to move onto the NIT Semifinals at MSG to face their old A-10 rival St. Bonaventure.

I know we’ve got at least one Bonnie here who’s got to be into this outside the Big Dance tourney.

Btw, is it me or is the NIT basically a lot of old A-10 teams? X, Bonnie, Dayton...
    Ha ha, WTF is a Bonnie?

You would be correct. We took out UC Boulder, OK, and now UVA, all away games even though we were seeded higher than UVA. I get it, who the hell wants to go to Olean, NY, but that is pretty unfair. UVA got gamed by 4 veteran players that know when the game ACTUALLY ends. That jump shot by Welch and then the block by Osun, those were both magic moments. Bummed they can't showcase in the big dance, but they would be out by now. I have been really surprised by the names of some of the teams relegated to the Island of Lost Toys tourney this year.

Go BONAS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    That should be a good game, when is it? Is Dayton still alive? I was impressed by them when I saw them late in the season.
    MSG- 3/29 half the damn crowd is going to be from my school. Watch the hell out. I am not sure there is enough beer in NYC for the crowd that is going to crawl out of the woodwork. The dude that wears the beer mug on his head is running a Go Fund Me to get busses to NYC from the school. Alumni are paying their way. They brought a bus full of 40 students down to C'Ville and alums paid for everything. Pretty fun, even if it isn't the big times. Wish I could get up there. Not sure my liver would make the trip back.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    MSG- 3/29 half the damn crowd is going to be from my school. Watch the hell out. I am not sure there is enough beer in NYC for the crowd that is going to crawl out of the woodwork. The dude that wears the beer mug on his head is running a Go Fund Me to get busses to NYC from the school. Alumni are paying their way. They brought a bus full of 40 students down to C'Ville and alums paid for everything. Pretty fun, even if it isn't the big times. Wish I could get up there. Not sure my liver would make the trip back.
    Short of a bitter rival I usually pull for the team who beat my team.. Go Bonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    This is fun man!

Let’s go X!

Great shooting by X. My little school sure did represent though. Gotta love our fans.

I had no idea Woj was a Bonnie. Y’all showed up for sure and it was cool to me to see the old A-10 matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I had no idea Woj was a Bonnie. Y’all showed up for sure and it was cool to me to see the old A-10 matchup.
    WOJ, Mike Vaccaro from the NY Post, Ed Bastian,CEO of Delta, ME. We are everywhere man.

Ha! That’s quite the list!

This Championship game is like the circus, in tents!

Gotta say it’s a bit weird seeing Sean Miller on the sidelines again, in a good way I think.

It's a shame somebody's gotta lose this game

What’s even funnier is that Miller (despite not coaching tonight) has faced off against Buzz Williams back in his prior stint at X when Williams was at Marquette.

ETA: Refs have inserted themselves into this game.