Big Sky Conditions?

Any locals in big sky that can attest to exactly how bad condition are right now? Is there anything to ski?

I have a trip planned for the week before Christmas but it looks like basically nothing is open and not much snow coming so trying to decide if I should cancel it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Post up here and you should get an answer. I'm in Missoula, so no first hand info from me. We are expecting a decent snow through this weekend. Maybe wait for Monday to see what transpires from this weekend.

I'd go elsewhere, they cancelled winter in Montana this year

It sadly feels that way right now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'd wait to see what develops with this system by midweek and if BS still sucks maybe change to Whitefish? Looks like most of the snow will be falling in north and west Montana but you never know.

By "the week before Christmas do you mean Monday the 13th (next week) or the week that includes Christmas (Monday the 20th) 2 weeks out. The current forecast is just hazy and ambiguous enough that a lot could change in a week.

With that said, A LOT needs to change in the next 10 days. To open significant terrain Big Sky needs at least 3 feet of snow.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Better today - tonight. But, not the dump that's needed. Bring the rock/andesite skis.......

The 10" that fell will be a great deal of help and BSSP will probably pull the trigger on Challenger. Going to be a lot of lurking sharks, ski lightly.

ETA: Well its the Sunday before the start of the 1st big week, forecast looks promising (50% chances of snow all week). Coverage is still thin and its probably too late for refunds anyway.Make the best of it.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 12-19-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Paint in snow

Last year, I was doing my home improvement project and suddenly snow start. So I remember spray painting in snowy weather. It becomes fun outdoor activity foe me at that time. I'm sure you've heard of others painting the snow with spray bottles and food coloring.

Heading to Big Sky for the first time in early January. What skis do I bring? I can probably fit two pairs...
    Choices:
    ON3P Billy Goats
    Moment Deathwish
    ON3P Wrenegade
    Moment Commander 98
    Moment Comis
    Should I buy something else for the trip?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk