Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Some stuff got posted over on MPORA (the dude who was in charge of the photos needs a talking to)

Some touring highlights that I haven't already seen in other posts
    -Dyanfit: TLT 10 and some sort of new adjustable release u-spring binding
    -BD: New Helio topsheets, Lightweight alum crampons, lightweight axe
    -Dalbello: Quantum Evo boot. Looks like that F1LT zone (photo skills coming in at a solid D-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski-kit-22-23-111.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	497.1 KB 
ID:	402010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski-kit-22-23-113.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	525.8 KB 
ID:	402011

Name:	ski-kit-22-23-116.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	402016

Name:	ski-kit-22-23.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	402012

Name:	ski-kit-22-23-24.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	402013

Name:	ski-kit-22-23-25.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	631.5 KB 
ID:	402014

Name:	ski-kit-22-23-66.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	402015
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Snagged this from the FWT IG…M-Pro 108. Second shot shows the tail rocker profile. It’s a video capture but the best I could do.

Attachment 401979

Attachment 401980
    Looks pretty legit. Probably don't need, but would certainly want, on the off chance that Dynastar pushes the radius longer than 30m. If not, I'm pretty covered.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    to continue the theskimonster photo dump

Attachment 400953
    has anybody got more info on the Armada Locator series? Is this the replacement for the Tracer series? Would love to know lengths/weights...

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Looks like an older Lange to me
    I have a older Rossi (Lange clone) R2006 speed boot & it matches up really close to those lines.

Would you rather have it on your feet versus an STH or Pivot? Curious about the elastic travel specs.
    I don't know if I would RATHER have it, but as an STH fan, I wouldn't rush to change the binding if it were already on a ski and will be a really good wife/gf/kid binding. You can feel the lighter weight.

Get your google translate ready

https://flipboard.com/@primesports/skiing-437lb0j8z

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    How about a Head/Tyrolia binding with 'knee saving' lateral release in the heel:

Attachment 401918
    https://youtu.be/yynwq3jTtAI

22/23 gear rumors

New Tecnica boot
    https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...MamLpEUcGWZFQM

Will definitely be looking at the Peak when available….. but that MSRP…..tecnica is apparently very proud of their efforts on this one

$1140!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    I don't know if I would RATHER have it, but as an STH fan, I wouldn't rush to change the binding if it were already on a ski and will be a really good wife/gf/kid binding. You can feel the lighter weight.
    But this is a DIN 14/16 model (yes there is a 11 DIN model, too). Salomon/Atomic already has lightweight bindings for lighter weight skiers, but their current line is spread out over STH2, Warden, and Z-style bindings. Seems like a change to simplify the supply chain and drive down manufacturing costs.

From the Atomic marketing blurb in the catalog they push "low center of gravity" and "lightweight reliability" See for yourself:

Name:  Strive Binding.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  65.2 KB

We did see this before from Look. Who here prefers the non-pivot heel and thinks bringing the pivot line back was a dumb idea? Maybe the Strive is the anti-pivot since it seems like a step in the "other direction".
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

MSRP not MAP.
    Map is $950 for the peak carbon. Pretty reasonable price IMO.

22/23 gear rumors

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    MSRP not MAP.
    Map is $950 for the peak carbon. Pretty reasonable price IMO.
    Eagerly awaiting more info and user reviews on the boot

But in meantime isnt MSRP/MAP on a backland carbon $950/$799 ?
    So ~20% more than probably nearest comparable…… might be justified, might not…..

Assuming the price doesn’t go up next year?

It sucks being excited about boots… I love the look of those technica’s but odds they’ll fit me ‘best’ of the lightweight boots seems really low. Skorpius fits me great so I’ll probably go that direction.

With that in mind, does anyone have eyes on next years Skorpius? Ive read it might be a little stiffer a few times in this thread.

But this is a DIN 14/16 model (yes there is a 11 DIN model, too). Salomon/Atomic already has lightweight bindings for lighter weight skiers, but their current line is spread out over STH2, Warden, and Z-style bindings. Seems like a change to simplify the supply chain and drive down manufacturing costs.

From the Atomic marketing blurb in the catalog they push "low center of gravity" and "lightweight reliability" See for yourself:

Name:  Strive Binding.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  65.2 KB

We did see this before from Look. Who here prefers the non-pivot heel and thinks bringing the pivot line back was a dumb idea? Maybe the Strive is the anti-pivot since it seems like a step in the "other direction".
    Cost reduction is likely at the heart of it, but at the same time I don't really care as long as it skis well, which it did. They still have the STH 16 and this replaces the Warden. I don't really see the issue? Different bindings for different people. If you want a pivot or STH, you can still have it. I don't think its an either/or proposition here.

Strive 16 has the STH heel too FYI.

what happened to the speed nose ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think lack of crampon compatibility hurt sales there. It certainly factored into what I was looking at - TLTs are back on my list of boots to consider now. I don't know of anyone who actually picked up a pair of the speednose-compatible Dynafit crampons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Cost reduction is likely at the heart of it, but at the same time I don't really care as long as it skis well, which it did. They still have the STH 16 and this replaces the Warden. I don't really see the issue? Different bindings for different people. If you want a pivot or STH, you can still have it. I don't think its an either/or proposition here.

Strive 16 has the STH heel too FYI.
    I guess I'm just old school and not the demographic they are after with this binding. I remember when "elastic travel" and "retention vs release" used to be what were important to skiers who skied at a high level. So, you get a 1k gram DIN 14 alpine binding...cool. Nothing about how it compares to the STH that it obviously is replacing. But, it was "approved by the Atomic Freeski team" and delivers "a super stable platform that excels in every situation and snow condition". I feel like Salomon just ceded the entire high-end binding market to Look.

And I'm not arguing WITH you. I have a stash of STH2 13's/16's and won't really be impacted. I just don't understand why the STH toe suddenly became obsolete from a product line perspective.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I’ve always thought that they did the underfoot radius on the M102 and K108 backwards. IMO, the M102 could stand to have a slightly smaller radius under foot and the K108 slightly larger. Maybe that would make the K108 harder to ski for some folks? Dare to dream.
    Per Blister

• 170 [R1(25.5), R2(16), R3(23.4)]
    • 177 [R1(28.2), R2(17.7), R3(25.8)]
    • 184 [R1(30.2), R2(18.9), R3(27.4)] ~ -20g on the weight
    • 191 [R1(33.2), R2(20.8), R3(30)]

So 1m short off my estimate on the tips. That just means I'll appreciate the longer radius more. The lesser weight not so much. Just means I need to slap a pivot on them to make up.

not to mention binding incompatability on the hoji pro tour boot which was a bad idea for a freeride boot and probably cost them sales

but all these boots in the pics would be in the speed nose category

unless speed nose is dead

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    The Salomon Shift...

I guess I'm just old school and not the demographic they are after with this binding. I remember when "elastic travel" and "retention vs release" used to be what were important to skiers who skied at a high level. So, you get a 1k gram DIN 14 alpine binding...cool. Nothing about how it compares to the STH that it obviously is replacing. But, it was "approved by the Atomic Freeski team" and delivers "a super stable platform that excels in every situation and snow condition". I feel like Salomon just ceded the entire high-end binding market to Look.

And I'm not arguing WITH you. I have a stash of STH2 13's/16's and won't really be impacted. I just don't understand why the STH toe suddenly became obsolete from a product line perspective.
    I think it comes down to where the industry as a whole is going right now. The STH toe definitely isnt obsolete its just not what the majority of people probably want to ski. Most things are getting lighter in skis and boots so the next thing on the list were bindings. I like heavy stuff personally but as someone who is 225lbs its a smaller % of my overall body weight.

My wife on the other hand has trouble if her gear is too heavy, especially on powder skis and that can really ruin the fun on a big day. Reduced weight on bindings that still feel solid is a big win for her and others like her. I skied them on hard-ish goomers and chalk bumps with some small airs, nothing really big. I think you would have to be a really discerning skier to know what you are missing between a Strive and a Pivot/STH. It feels like a solid Attack, which is a perfect thing for 99% of skiers on the planet (including me, most of the time).

One thing I get caught up in a lot is understanding that I (and most others here) are in the minority of the needs of the ski industry and that generally we aren't the money makers for them. A Pivot 15 or STH2 16 is overkill for most everyone and if you took a poll on a busy Saturday in a ski shop most customers wouldn't even know what elastic travel in a binding is. But everyone understands that lighter means less tired at the end of the day. If you are selling bindings you sell safety, reliability, feel, and weight in that order. Only real gear nerds care about elastic travel of bindings.

Dynafit had introduced a free ride boot that doesnt fit any of the users existing freeride bindings so Incompatablity never stopped Dynafit before,

Shark nose is still around but Dynafit appear to not be putting shark nose on boots where it makes no sense

When did being tired at the end of a day of skiing become a bad thing? Just seems companies are trying to make skiing less of a physical thing than it actually is. I'm not saying everything should be heavy, but not everything needs to be lightweight, either. For women, there have always been lighter weight options. When did all skiers (except us TGR folks) become total wusses?