Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    anything new in full rockered ski world?

I love my 4frnt hojis, and black crow damian, looking for more like that (light full rocker, 20+ M turn shape, 95-115 mm range, 180+ lenght)
    Now that the ice has been broken on the old full rocker skis… the 2011 rossignol sickle is worth a look. Hit me up if you want to try a pair and are close to a 307mm bsl.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Now that the ice has been broken on the old full rocker skis… the 2011 rossignol sickle is worth a look. Hit me up if you want to try a pair and are close to a 307mm bsl.
    thanks. not sure my tiny 293mm will fit. But if you get to the bow valley, or I get to golden would like to try

Made a few laps on the new 22-23 DPS Lotus 117 185cm in 10-12 inches of dry fluff and packed groomers here in Vermont 2 weeks ago... super fun, playful, friendly, light-feeling, yet stable and plenty grippy on the groomers... Just a tiny little-bit flappy at ludicrous speeds in tracked-out chop (but stable)... but if skied below rabid-charging-crazed mode...they are really darn sweet and spread fresh powder like buttah without much input from the pilot. Nice 117mm width for more snow conditions than the Lotus 124 is likely to see during the season. Really nice handling ski.
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticSkis View Post
    Made a few laps on the new 22-23 DPS Lotus 117 185cm in 10-12 inches of dry fluff and packed groomers here in Vermont 2 weeks ago... super fun, playful, friendly, light-feeling, yet stable and plenty grippy on the groomers... Just a tiny little-bit flappy at ludicrous speeds in tracked-out chop (but stable)... but if skied below rabid-charging-crazed mode...they are really darn sweet and spread fresh powder like buttah without much input from the pilot. Nice 117mm width for more snow conditions than the Lotus 124 is likely to see during the season. Really nice handling ski.
    Any more info on the ski? Camber or flat underfoot? Rearward mount like the old 120 or modern? What builds do they come in?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about the new Salomon light touring boot after hearing the Blister podcast where they rave about its stiffness. I am concerned about the low buckle/lack of power strap. Looks like Alka was running "skimo strap" style power straps but the stock boot does not have them hmm...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	townsend boots.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	403746Name:  salomon boots.PNG
Views: 1830
Size:  939.2 KB

Multiple models of that boot. Another one has the extra powerstrap.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticSkis View Post
    Shape is cool. $1500 is not.

Wait wait wait. Faction La Machine Mini and Mega??? Who's got details? Did all my touring fantasies just come true?

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Yea I just saw them on the website and with that price I don't need anymore info.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Yea I just saw them on the website and with that price I don't need anymore info.

wish companies would realize skis are pretty much just tires and spend more time and money innovating on boots and bindings.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Wait wait wait. Faction La Machine Mini and Mega??? Who's got details? Did all my touring fantasies just come true?
    Tell me more...

This just kinda screams "slightly bigger wailer" to me... I guess a bit more of a pintail but the shape overall seems very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    This just kinda screams "slightly bigger wailer" to me... I guess a bit more of a pintail but the shape overall seems very similar.
    I like the similarity to the RPC--the superior Wailer--and the 21m radius will really help with stability versus the twitchy 15-18m of a regular 112RP. If this same shape were half that price, there would be a pair coming to my house.

Good call. I was mainly looking at the tip profile but the tail does match the RPC.

My wife seems to love every DPS ski, and she needs a new powder ski but agree that the price is a bit of a non-starter. I do appreciate the make in usa carbon stuff for sure... but at that price we'll likely pickup something from Moment.

I like the similarity to the RPC--the superior Wailer--and the 21m radius will really help with stability versus the twitchy 15-18m of a regular 112RP. If this same shape were half that price, there would be a pair coming to my house.

Just saw the Nordica Unleashed comes in a 180cm.

174-180-186-191 are the 4 sizes.

Thank you for not making a 177 like the E110.

22/23 gear rumors

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Just saw the Nordica Unleashed comes in a 180cm.

174-180-186-191 are the 4 sizes.

Thank you for not making a 177 like the E110.
    Probably the ski I am most looking forward to getting on next year. Bases on my experience the 110 Free, thinking the 191 will be more my jam. I really want a 110 Free with the 115 Free flex pattern/layup. No idea how the Unleashed 108 will compare but hopeful.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Probably the ski I am most looking forward to getting on next year. Bases on my experience the 110 Free, thinking the 191 will be more my jam. I really want a 110 Free with the 115 Free flex pattern/layup. No idea how the Unleashed 108 will compare but hopeful.
    Me aswell, I just hope it pulls a little less across the fall line versus the 110. This could maybe be a good replacement for the gunsmoke/the rustler 10.5 everyone is looking for. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by herrgard View Post
    Maybe it’s the touring fulltilt we have been waiting for.
    Nice to see TGR is waiting for a new boot from Full Tilt (k2 FL3X) too. We are skiing the first protos currently

Quote Originally Posted by tompietrowski View Post
    Nice to see TGR is waiting for a new boot from Full Tilt (k2 FL3X) too. We are skiing the first protos currently
    Do you have any more info on these boots?

A few details, please.

Hi or low volume boot? Last width?

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Tell me more...
    Spent a couple minutes going through that French video linked a page or two ago and the Faction guy showed a La Machine Mega and a La Machine Mini. Couldn't understand a stupid fucking french word they were saying other than Mega and Mini...helped that they had video of the topsheets that said as much. Somebody needs to find out where/when the workbook is published

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    What’s the Unleased? I’d like a 100-110 wide touring ski, but the options over 190cm are slim. I’m probably going to get the TX103 cause I’m a Kastle fanboy, or the Wildcat 108 Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    What’s the Unleased? I’d like a 100-110 wide touring ski, but the options over 190cm are slim. I’m probably going to get the TX103 cause I’m a Kastle fanboy, or the Wildcat 108 Tour.

Does look like a touring ski. Tip and tail rocker, 108-mm waist, -2120-grams in the 186, poplar and beech core, single layer of metal, and 20.5-m radius in 191 length. Seems like competition for the MFree108, as others have noted.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

https://shop.on3pskis.com/products/2...40928277659811

https://shop.on3pskis.com/products/b...41077848113315