Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

22/23 gear rumors

Looks like maybe Renegades in shorter lengths/women’s version next season for anyone not following 4FRNT on IG lol

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Back to new gear, anyone know what the tweaks are?
    Attachment 405171

Reposing this q, looks pretty similar to me. Love that color though.

Hoji’s cooking up something new, I saw it has a full carbon cuff and two buckles too. Anyone got any dynafit details for next season?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB54F468-F1D0-4D0E-99BA-7892DD21997E.jpeg 
Views:	324 
Size:	837.7 KB 
ID:	411439

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Is the Camox getting narrower as well? I feel like if the Atris is getting smaller those two skis would overlap for a lot of people.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I feel like that would probably leave the Camox as is, and if anything reduce the waist in the serpo? Probably talking about my arse, but the Serpo is on my list to demo for a hardpack/fuck around part of the quiver. My Atris has been great, but like someone said above, it needs fresh snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Hoji’s cooking up something new, I saw it has a full carbon cuff and two buckles too. Anyone got any dynafit details for next season?

Name:	AB54F468-F1D0-4D0E-99BA-7892DD21997E.jpeg 
Views:	324 
Size:	837.7 KB 
ID:	411439
    Saw them at GAH in Dec, they good.

No details to divulge, sworn secretcy.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

22/23 gear rumors

^hoji skis old school speed turn heals?! Those things develop so much play it’s hard to believe….
    Last edited by TripleT; 03-31-2022 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Looks like he upgraded the heels from this though: (hoji in japan)

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 08.34.40.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	589.9 KB 
ID:	411491

hoji is ALWAYS playing around with his boots. Most break, some work well.

but what hes on is usually NOTHING like the current production year.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    ^hoji skis old school speed turn heals?! Those things develop so much plays it’s hard to believe….
    I’d love to know what mods he’s done to those heels as I still have a pair but have zero trust in them. Feels like lateral release is set to 2 and I have them maxed out.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

^hoji skis old school speed turn heals?! Those things develop so much plays it’s hard to believe….
    Easy to service and find parts for, especially if you're mechanically inclined. I see why he'd use them.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    hoji is ALWAYS playing around with his boots. Most break, some work well.

but what hes on is usually NOTHING like the current production year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

^hoji skis old school speed turn heals?! Those things develop so much play it’s hard to believe….
    I don't think they are Speed Turns or an earlier version (TLT Speed/Classic). The screws through the top plate aren't in the right place. Plus I think I see part of a U spring sticking out from under what looks to be a hacked off top plate. Looks more related to a mid '90's Tour Lite Tech: https://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry...ite-tech-1993/

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I don't think they are Speed Turns or an earlier version (TLT Speed/Classic). The screws through the top plate aren't in the right place. Plus I think I see part of a U spring sticking out from under what looks to be a hacked off top plate. Looks more related to a mid '90's Tour Lite Tech: https://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry...ite-tech-1993/
    Haha, awesome. Those pads are the brake pad/afd from the Dynafit radical ft 2.0. It looks like a very early version of the TLT heel, or maybe he fabbed a custom top plate without the riser. I have a pair of those that I still ski. They're all metal, except for the heel din adjustment screw.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post

That's them. I wonder why he likes them? Simple and overbuilt?

Looks like the heel mounts low to the ski as well, could give a flat delta? If I recall correctly that was one of the improvements to the beast bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Easy to service and find parts for, especially if you're mechanically inclined. I see why he'd use them.
    LOL. Quite the ringing endorsement for their current lineup by what is arguably their main athlete (in this segment) then

Most Dynafits have a really large delta, except the Superlite 150 at 6mm. On would think that a large delta fits really poorly with Hojis more upright, modern stance - so I totally see why that could be something he'd want to remedy (if that is why).

Haha, awesome. Those pads are the brake pad/afd from the Dynafit radical ft 2.0. It looks like a very early version of the TLT heel, or maybe he fabbed a custom top plate without the riser. I have a pair of those that I still ski. They're all metal, except for the heel din adjustment screw.

Theyd be nice in todays market. Theyrr quite ez to fully rrbuild with small tools. I had a pair and they were great until i lost a carriage bolt that the toe wings pivot on. A simple bolt eith a nut on the end where as current versions have a pressed in pivot. Adjustable insert pins on those too. Back then there werent many around as well as many bc shops or online shops like skimo to get small parts

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

https://www.wildsnow.com/31217/at-bi...ss/#more-31217

the AT binding banned in some wilderness areas

I'm thinking reverting to the tele binding should be no problem cuz there is no advantage to using one ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Theyd be nice in todays market. Theyrr quite ez to fully rrbuild with small tools. I had a pair and they were great until i lost a carriage bolt that the toe wings pivot on. A simple bolt eith a nut on the end where as current versions have a pressed in pivot. Adjustable insert pins on those too. Back then there werent many around as well as many bc shops or online shops like skimo to get small parts

I have some extra of those carriage bolts if anyone needs one. They're roughly 3mm dia, finding one that has the correct unthreaded length is the hard part.

The heel is great if you can work with max din of 9. The toes aren't great, the locking mech has a tendancy to slowly open while walking and then let your toe out while sidehilling.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.wildsnow.com/31217/at-bi...ss/#more-31217

the AT binding banned in some wilderness areas

I'm thinking reverting to the tele binding should be no problem cuz there is no advantage to using one ?

That's a solid April Fool's post. Touche to Wildsnow

I have some extra of those carriage bolts if anyone needs one. They're roughly 3mm dia, finding one that has the correct unthreaded length is the hard part.

The heel is great if you can work with max din of 9. The toes aren't great, the locking mech has a tendancy to slowly open while walking and then let your toe out while sidehilling.

Haaa thats pretty cool you have parts for that vintage. Some of those features you mention have worn the lustre off though. I cant remember what happened to mine

I hate April Fools so much... except for J Skis. Thats fucking amazing haha I bet they actually kind of work too!

22/23 gear rumors

Fondled today a pair of Nordicas Unleashed 108 186 cm. Interesting looking ski and would love to try them in 191 cm. Asked for the 191 length. Shop guy told me they aren’t available in Europe yet. Stumbled over the „Made in Ukraine“ sign. Didn’t dare to ask if they ever gonna get them at all. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Fondled today a pair of Nordicas Unleashed 108 186 cm. Interesting looking ski and would love to try them in 191 cm. Asked for the 191 length. Shop guy told me they aren’t available in Europe yet. Stumbled over the „Made in Ukraine“ sign. Didn’t dare to ask if they ever gonna get them at all. So sad.
    Yeah, lots of Fischer/Blizzard/Nordica stuff was being made in Ukraine and I'm pretty sure all production there is on hold . . .