Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    awesome info
    Great - thanks for taking the time! I had a pair of 185s on order, but cancelled it as I do not need another pow ski. BC seem pretty clear on the 185 being the correct size for me (175cm/70kg), but then again - it is a fairly light full rocker ski so the 190 should still be fairly managable given their weight, shape and at what 188 or so straight pull. My usual stunt would be to just impulse buy both and see which I like the most, but alas - I seem to be getting a bit more sensible as the quiver gets more and more bloated.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    out of curiosity - what did you not like about the current/out going version?
    I found it hard to get an edge in inconsistent snow. Sliding through and getting quite loose in the tips and tails. But that could be because it has no metal? Drifty was the way powder7 described it. Besides that, it did feel slow in tighter spaces. I'm not trying to run bumps all day every day with it but it did give me some pause.

That said, I categorize myself as a shit skier who mounts where I'm told and I'm also 6'2/230.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    I found it hard to get an edge in inconsistent snow. Sliding through and getting quite loose in the tips and tails. But that could be because it has no metal? Drifty was the way powder7 described it. Besides that, it did feel slow in tighter spaces. I'm not trying to run bumps all day every day with it but it did give me some pause.

That said, I categorize myself as a shit skier who mounts where I'm told and I'm also 6'2/230.

I found the tune on my Atris to be lacking from the factory. I put a 3/.75 on them and that made them engage and release better I thought. But I have found the same thing with inconsistent snow. I equate it to lacking metal. I don’t ski my Atris in January or most of February on the east coast unless we are getting snow. Otherwise I’m on my Corvus. It handles inconsistent snow a lot better. I have found the Atris to shine in March when the snow is soft, but first thing in the morning when it’s still set up from the night before it makes you wish for something stiffer. I could see the Atris being a great 1 ski quiver for someone that gets to ski packed powder and minimal actual hard ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Everybody in my neck of the woods seems to love them, which sometimes isn't all that illuminating. It is sometimes easier to understand a ski by talking to the folks who do not get on with a ski across / in certain conditions.

So according to Evo and Line most of Line's skis carry over unchanged for 22/23 beside graphic updates, Sick Days being discontinued and Blade Optics being introduced. In other words, if you are a Line fan and want some new sticks then their current 40% off remaining 21/22 stock + free domestic shipping on their website is a great deal - especially as some of the outgoing graphics arguably are better than the new. They have most lengths in stock - so now could be a good time to order some new sticks

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjGMr2_j0fb/?hl=en Is Candide starting his own brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CjGMr2_j0fb/?hl=en Is Candide starting his own brand?
    Yeah, he split with Faction

https://www.tetongravity.com/video/s...s-with-faction

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    I know but he could have joined another brand. Some rumors were talking about Rossignol. Good to know that he his starting he will selling them under his own brand, I just hope that they won’t be priced like his clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little bit of rocker...

I know but he could have joined another brand. Some rumors were talking about Rossignol. Good to know that he his starting he will selling them under his own brand, I just hope that they won’t be priced like his clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The clothes are boring and way to expensive
    It is very difficult to make money with skis (Armada, 4frnt, DOWN,..)
    Wonder what his business plan is

Quote Originally Posted by obi wan kenobi View Post
    Make a bunch videos of him skiing on them implying that every newschooler could do the same line/tricks if they just bought the skis? It seemed to have worked to boost Faction for a bit, although it's probably the brand I see the most weird "warranty" stuff on (not a dealer, just get lots in because a store floods our local swap every November).
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by obi wan kenobi View Post
    Make viral ski videos and try to sell skis that way?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Just got an email from BD about their new Helio Carbon touring skis. Wonder if these will snap in half a bit less than last year (saw firsthand accounts of at least 5 separate catastrophic failures of the Helio Carbon)

Interesting to see the Helio 115 and Impulse 112 only go up to 185/186 now. Bigboiz need not apply.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Just got an email from BD about their new Helio Carbon touring skis. Wonder if these will snap in half a bit less than last year (saw firsthand accounts of at least 5 separate catastrophic failures of the Helio Carbon)
    I was probably one of those. Didn't learn my lesson though and picked up another two used sets...

Unfortunately didn't realize it was a trend and thought it was a freak accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    I was probably one of those. Didn't learn my lesson though and picked up another two used sets...

Unfortunately didn't realize it was a trend and thought it was a freak accident.
    Looks like the topsheet was just changed, no other changes or dimensions different than last year.

Ive had a fine time on my 88s, but have not pushed them very hard. Surprised to see issues given their blizzard provenance.

Any TGR folk happen to get any/significant time on the other skis from Paradise? They were previewed last winter and you could buy them at the tent early. I've thoroughly enjoyed the Vice 113 and have a significant discount on another pair available to me due to my early-adoption. My demo of the 105 was a bit of a letdown and it felt like the back half was overbearing, but that was time-gated, unoptimal conditions, and on the line/-5, and i didn't get to experiment with their other (then-unknown) recommend at -7. The tour variant is the same dims so input on that would be nice to know as well. The 187 theoretically fits the bill of a lighter, looser, shallow powder ski for tree-futzing that I've been looking for.

Or I should just stop fussing and get a mf108 already..

Holy shit - I just got to fondle at pair of Whitewalker 121s and man, it is one of the more radical pow designs I've seen in a while. The super short actual (not only effective) edge together with the super deep rocker lines with camber underfoot make them a much bigger departure from the BC120 clone that I though they would be. I am really, really keen to try a pair. I cannot afford to, but man - such an interesting design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1665051642-armada-whitewalker-121.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	430484

Snake -> MF108s are great as you know by now. Might as well go with something true and tested, and heavily discounted this time of year too

I want those! They seem very very short for someone 6’4” though… am I missing something about the design?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    I want those! They seem very very short for someone 6’4” though… am I missing something about the design?
    Nope you are not. I am guessing that they will introduce a size that is appropriate for people >tiny next season. These will be slightly longer snowlerblades for you at your height, aka a non-starter. I am not a big dude though, so huzzah!

Holy shit - I just got to fondle at pair of Whitewalker 121s and man, it is one of the more radical pow designs I've seen in a while. The super short actual (not only effective) edge together with the super deep rocker lines with camber underfoot make them a much bigger departure from the BC120 clone that I though they would be. I am really, really keen to try a pair. I cannot afford to, but man - such an interesting design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1665051642-armada-whitewalker-121.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	430484
    At first glance they remind me of the Movement Flyswatter from a few years back.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Can’t wait to see what version two of that looks like. ie- less rocker & full reverse camber.

Looks super playful, though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nope you are not. I am guessing that they will introduce a size that is appropriate for people >tiny next season. These will be slightly longer snowlerblades for you at your height, aka a non-starter. I am not a big dude though, so huzzah!
    Armada really needs to up some sizes on their line. I’d own a stranger and a B-dog if they came in a 188.

Quote Originally Posted by beeshbeesh View Post
    Armada really needs to up some sizes on their line. I’d own a stranger and a B-dog if they came in a 188.
    Hans, their founder, is optimistically 5’6”
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

a few new gear releases are out