Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Lol. What it always should have been (and what a lot of people on here, myself included, have always made happen with the buckle from the Mach 1).

So how do we not have a pic of the new Tecnica boot yet, I bet it shows up on new schoolers first.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    So how do we not have a pic of the new Tecnica boot yet, I bet it shows up on new schoolers first.
    Looks good. Looks like the Backland pretty much. 1050 grams I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Lol. What it always should have been (and what a lot of people on here, myself included, have always made happen with the buckle from the Mach 1).
    Somebody clue me in as to what changes I am looking at? I pulled up the current year on their website and it looks exactly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Somebody clue me in as to what changes I am looking at? I pulled up the current year on their website and it looks exactly the same?
    The conversation is about the power strap buckle. The current one has no cam and just loosens up that’s what you see on the site. This one has the one from the Mach 1.

Someone posted a pic of the guide boot with it added. And then this Pro pic with it got added.

Some people seem to think it’s a joke, it might be! I’m lost at this point. But it would be a good change for them. Would be nice if the lightened up the prettily bulky buckle though.

Ah copy, thanks! ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Blister just did a "flash review" on the Salomon MTN Summit touring boot if anyone has a Blister membership and wants to give highlights..

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Blister just did a "flash review" on the Salomon MTN Summit touring boot if anyone has a Blister membership and wants to give highlights..
    Roomy toe box, walks similar to X-Alp, surprisingly good downhill performance (stiff and progressive).

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Roomy toe box, walks similar to X-Alp, surprisingly good downhill performance (stiff and progressive).
    Sounds encouraging! Hopefully the fit in the midfoot/heel/ankle is much improved from the MTN lab (or whatever it's called now).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    They all should be the same last as the F1LT @100mm since they are all the same clog. GT most likely doesn't have the carbon in the plastic.
    Looks like the XT has a carbon cuff and the GT does not. Probably stiffer and lighter, but mainly stiffer.

Curious how workable the Grilamid Fiber Glass (FG) material is.

I skied my very used F1's this morning and was just thinking, "this velcro strap sucks." (As does the lever catch that gets filled with ice) Guess I'll be waiting for the new stuff next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Good thing I haven’t committed to getting any LS Skorpiuseses yet. Think if those FT XTs turn out to be reliable and decent flex, that’ll finally be the TLT6 replacement.
    Oh man, you are in for a world of change. Even all the touring boots that are getting refreshed, or did a few years ago were a good tlt6 replacement. Even the ZGTP, which only SLIGHTLY more than the 6, tours and dh's better.

Hope the new Tecnica 1kg boot is at OR
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Oh man, you are in for a world of change. Even all the touring boots that are getting refreshed, or did a few years ago were a good tlt6 replacement. Even the ZGTP, which only SLIGHTLY more than the 6, tours and dh's better.
    I’m another TLT6 hold out because my fit is dialed and the shells are in good shape. Do the ZGTP’s really tour as well?

Edit: If the F1 XT skis like the TLT6 sans tongue that might be the one.

My wife has F1’s and the pivots are getting a bit of play, she’s happy with the boot itself and wants to stick with F1’s. She’s due for new boots this year but I’m really tempted to hold out for real buckles as the Velcro strap drives her crazy as well. It’s a long shot but does anyone at a retailer know if there might be a small release of the F1 XT or F1 GT this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Looks like the XT has a carbon cuff and the GT does not. Probably stiffer and lighter, but mainly stiffer.

Curious how workable the Grilamid Fiber Glass (FG) material is.

I skied my very used F1's this morning and was just thinking, "this velcro strap sucks." (As does the lever catch that gets filled with ice) Guess I'll be waiting for the new stuff next year.

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    I’m another TLT6 hold out because my fit is dialed and the shells are in good shape. Do the ZGTP’s really tour as well?

Edit: If the F1 XT skis like the TLT6 sans tongue that might be the one.
    Yeah even after putting on the ultimate cuff pivot upgrade on the TLT6's I feel like the ZGTP tours better. But boots like the Alien RS, F1LT, Atomic Backlands (first and current gen), Fischer's Traverse line, and Dalbelos new tour stuff, all blow the tlt6 out of the water in terms of uphill performance. If the huge heel pocket of the TLT6 works well for you the Dalbelo Quantum Asolo might work real well. I'm curious if the Quantum Free has a less cavernous heel fit that the Factory but I think the clogs are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    It’s a long shot but does anyone at a retailer know if there might be a small release of the F1 XT or F1 GT this spring?
    I can try and ask at OR.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Will all the MPro's change? Loved the 99s but waited too long and now sold out in my size on pro deal...

Dynafit will be bringing out a TLT x/10 for next year, about the 1000gram mark and a lot of carbon. Placed in the light/ stiffer segment

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    My wife has F1’s and the pivots are getting a bit of play, she’s happy with the boot itself and wants to stick with F1’s. She’s due for new boots this year but I’m really tempted to hold out for real buckles as the Velcro strap drives her crazy as well. It’s a long shot but does anyone at a retailer know if there might be a small release of the F1 XT or F1 GT this spring?
    I just tried on F1s back to back with F1LTs (same last as XT and GT). The fit is way different. Especially in the heel. The regular F1 holds my foot way better. I wish they’d throw some buckles on the OG F1.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I just tried on F1s back to back with F1LTs (same last as XT and GT). The fit is way different. Especially in the heel. The regular F1 holds my foot way better. I wish they’d throw some buckles on the OG F1.
    This. I've been hoping for an F1 RS/XT for years. I've also been on the lookout for a dirt cheap pair to go Dr. Frankenstein on. The current buckle arrangement works well enough (I can ski all day and dance all night with a snug fit) that I haven't popped it all off and started from scratch, but I know it could be better

Does anyone know if there's any new airbags coming out next year? I'd love to have a non-canister vest made like the Arva Reactor 15.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Does anyone know if there's any new airbags coming out next year? I'd love to have a non-canister vest made like the Arva Reactor 15.
    Can't tell you about Scotts 22/23 offering until next Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Kreemcheese View Post
    Dynafit will be bringing out a TLT x/10 for next year, about the 1000gram mark and a lot of carbon. Placed in the light/ stiffer segment
    Has the speed nose been 86’d?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Can't tell you about Scotts 22/23 offering until next Thursday
    Just sold my Mammut pro bag in order to get the E1 40. Will hold off to see what you can say!

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I’ve heard rumors BCA is coming out with an electric system next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Just sold my Mammut pro bag in order to get the E1 40. Will hold off to see what you can say!
    Scott Patrol E1 40 unchanged for 22/23 so you can buy with confidence - and I have 'em in stock

Does anyone know if the völkl 121s are all the same? Next year..this year ...last year?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.