Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Hopefully it's cuff adjustment, actually.

If anyone has any details on the 2023 Faction lineup, I'm Dictator curious. Sounds like in recent model years they made some nice revisions to got rid of the Paulownia in the core and just made it all Poplar which added some weight. Wondering if they made any more changes for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    12 different backland boots all with the same last - i.e. no ultra/prime last width distinction!
    Seems overkill but maybe they just sell a crap ton of them every year to justify that.
    They must be. I'm surprised they can do the different volumes on the Hawk XTD
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    12 different backland boots all with the same last - i.e. no ultra/prime last width distinction!
    Seems overkill but maybe they just sell a crap ton of them every year to justify that.
    ^dear Lord, can we move past the cross country stuff & get back to skiing?!

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    what’s new in the plug boot world? nothing, that’s what, you silly worshiper.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    what’s new in the plug boot world? nothing, that’s what, you silly worshiper.
    I’ll be sure to let ya know when they come out w a NNNBC conversation kit- hear Cast is working on it w/ 333 Community College skis

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    FFS man. If discussing new 22/23 ski touring gear triggers and offends you that much maybe this is not the thread for you……

Quote Originally Posted by abcdethan View Post
    Nailed the design imo. Buckle won't get hit when booting or scrambling. Has an upper buckle, not the low-placed fat powerstrap BS. A cam powerstrap placed high to engage the top of the liner for more power (though missing the Dynafit quick release cord I think - hard to tell).

I might personally prefer BOA but this works too.

Nice boot onenerdykid.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 01-19-2022 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Nailed the design imo. Buckle won't get hit when booting or scrambling. Has an upper buckle, not the low-placed fat powerstrap BS. A cam powerstrap placed high to engage the top of the liner for more power (though missing the Dynafit quick release cord).

Nice boot onenerdykid.
    A stop to see GregL might be needed if the last of these isn’t crazy wide

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ATK bringing out adjustable front release values for next season. Called the raider evo and comes in 11,13,15. And they have gotten rid of the push in button for the brakes as well.

So the only real releases this year are new touring boots and some new touring skis, and a dumb new binding from Sally, that is obviously not TGR approved. Well, hopefully it keeps snowing…

aren’t those hustlers supposed to be released like this week? Wasatch?

Don't forget that M102 and Kendo get spider power. What could be more important and revolutionary than that? I think besides the new tour boots the big TGR approved new release is Marshals new/old line of skis. There's some badass shit in that lineup.

Of all the new stuff which is being released this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Don't forget that M102 and Kendo get spider power. What could be more important and revolutionary than that? I think besides the new tour boots the big TGR approved new release is Marshals new/old line of skis. There's some badass shit in that lineup.

Of all the new stuff which is being released this spring?

Truth. My apologies to Marshall. That is actually the best and biggest news and honestly if that train gets rolling, every other ski company can fuck off, cause we will all have exactly what we want.

Wait til there is a new boot company… onenerdykid….

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    So the only real releases this year are new touring boots and some new touring skis, and a dumb new binding from Sally, that is obviously not TGR approved. Well, hopefully it keeps snowing…

Quick summary from my perspective, of significant non graphic updates

Atomic: Bentchetler 110, new silly binding, updated backlands
    Armada: New touring line of skis, a new zero ski which won’t appeal to many on here but overall one of the best graphic packages in a ski line.
    Blizzard/Tecnica: New touring focused rustlers, new sub kg touring boot
    Dynafit: no one cares
    Dynastar/Look/Lange: new M-Pro 108 replacing the LP105, and an M Free 90
    K2/Line: new K2 Freeride-Touring ski line and boots. Mindbender gets a slight update, and a metal ski line replaces the Sick Days.
    Faction: no Candide line
    Fischer: New Ranger 102/108/116
    Nordica: new 98/108 freeride twin
    Salomon: QST 106 gets the blank treatment, new 1kg boot, silly binding
    Scarpa: new boots heavy and light
    Marker/Dalbello/Volkl: new skinny mantras, new mid wide non Lupo boot

So some significant new/updates but nothing too crazy.

Truth. My apologies to Marshall. That is actually the best and biggest news and honestly if that train gets rolling, every other ski company can fuck off, cause we will all have exactly what we want.

Wait til there is a new boot company… onenerdykid….
    QFT - the finish & quality of the skis coming from Mario at the Blossom factory have simply been superb. Can't wait to rock the R87's. Props Marsal!!

They should be shipping to shops this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Ok where’s this Tuesday Wednesday business?
    Tomorrow is the date I promise…

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Nailed the design imo. Buckle won't get hit when booting or scrambling. Has an upper buckle, not the low-placed fat powerstrap BS. A cam powerstrap placed high to engage the top of the liner for more power (though missing the Dynafit quick release cord I think - hard to tell).

Nice boot onenerdykid.
    Agreed, this looks like a nice update to the best splitboard boot on the market! I liked the boa on top of the foot but the well protected buckle looks good. It might give better heel hold with the higher cable mounting point. I would be happy to see the return of removable tongues to tune the forward flex but they work well enough as is.

Supposedly a new Atris (maybe it would suit you better?) and what looks like (maybe?) a tweaked Solis:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642612947.455231.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	401888

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Tomorrow is the date I promise…
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

[QUOTE=alpinevibes;6518178]Supposedly a new Atris [QUOTE]

yes this has been confirmed through other sources too - pic earlier in the thread. Curious to hear more about - most people seem to get on really well with the current version.

Good summary XavierD and good point Lord Thomas.

I am kinda suprised that Völkl do not release a Revolt 11x ski to be honest, or a line that kinda bridges the gap from their traditional skis (nearly all of them) to their pretty progressive skis (Revolts). They produce a lot of different models - like alooooooot, but they are at either end of the spectrum imho. Then again they probably sell a shit ton of their freeride skis, and as such make their freestyle offerings a bit more progressive.

I think Dynastar's approach is a bit better (more TGR approval anyway) - lots of skiers' skis for traditional skiers, and the MFrees that can either be mounted as the tweener ski at recommended or a more progressive ski if you mount ahead of recommended.

I am kinda suprised that Völkl do not release a Revolt 11x ski to be honest
    Agree. A Revolt 112 would be fantastic. Also, where is the Black Ops 110? Not happening this year? This photo has me confused. Looks like the 118's with two different topsheets? Also, here is a look at the new Rangers (courtesy of SkiTalk). The tail notch has me wondering if they are more 50/50 weights which would be a bummer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9329.jpeg 
Views:	216 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	401896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	214209.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	987.7 KB 
ID:	401897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	214201.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	810.8 KB 
ID:	401898  

Guess I'm the only one excited about the Bentchetler 110 that I will never actually own. And for Line pretending like they are doing something new by having an expanded range of metal skis, and pretending they are a step forward where actually they are taking a step back in construction from their last metal skis.
    Training for Alpental

22/23 gear rumors

Is there a pink Fischer Ranger next year? Cause holy crap it has good resale.

Cause I bought this year’s pink FR 102. Skied it a day and then listed it on FB marketplace/Craigslist and had 5 people wanting to buy it ASAP. The seller paid my cost (even with a mount and one ski day) without negotiating. I was even offered immediate deposits to hold it by two potential buyers.

Never seen that before so makes me wonder if Fischer are offering two colours (like pink and blue this year)? Cause man people love pink.

PS - great ski just wasn’t “better enough” than my E104 to warrant keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by peglegg View Post
    Agree. A Revolt 112 would be fantastic. Also, where is the Black Ops 110? Not happening this year? This photo has me confused. Looks like the 118's with two different topsheets? Also, here is a look at the new Rangers (courtesy of SkiTalk). The tail notch has me wondering if they are more 50/50 weights which would be a bummer.
    The black ops on the left is the shorter of the two. So the graphic is size specific. Apparently the fish graphic is Tatum Monod’s ski of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums