Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

22/23 gear rumors

Hello all, do we have one of these started yet? If not.....here we are.

New Salomon touring boot spotted on Instagram.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Did Amer buy SCARPA and not tell anyone?

Rumors: if it says Blizzard on it (and relevant to this forum) it will be new this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Hello all, do we have one of these started yet? If not.....here we are.

New Salomon touring boot spotted on Instagram.

Bout time. Salomon was sucking low hind tit in the touring boot department. Now, let's see if they've figured out how to shape it for a foot that actually occurs in nature.

The new MTN lab. Even from the photo it looks like it fits better than their other boots. The fact that the forefoot is wider than the ankle is a great start 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Bout time. Salomon was sucking low hind tit in the touring boot department. Now, let's see if they've figured out how to shape it for a foot that actually occurs in nature.
    I realize it may be rare, but I can confirm that at least two such feet exist in nature :-) The Salomon X-Alp was the best fitting light touring boot I’ve had. Unfortunately the amount of slop that quickly developed in the touring lock mechanism and cuff rivets was a no-go for me. This boot looks exciting unless it was made to fit normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Saw a salomon rep skiing on a new QST 106 and new shift binding today. Heel looked a little different, brakes were really tucked in. Toe looks like it functions the same but slightly different look. I imagine there’ll be some info coming out after the new year.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    This was posted in the Shift thread earlier this week. Considering we're already discussing Salomon I figured I'd quote it here. I'm very curious to see what they changed on the new Shift. It was so close to being that 50/50 binding we've all wanted.

Dynastar:

New topsheets on Mfree line.

New, wider Mpro with metal. The new LP105? Time will tell.

K2 will be updating most of the Mindbender ski series. I think everything but the 116.

BCA will be coming out with an electric airbag.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

new blackops 118
    Name:  1020963_400w_1000h.png
Views: 7927
Size:  502.5 KB

apparently there is Bent Chetler ski coming between the 100 and 120.

source

^those are dope.

The Salomon boots looks promising for heel hold but hopefully they've fixed that dogshit toebox too.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

Rumors: if it says Blizzard on it (and relevant to this forum) it will be new this year.
    Out with it! We must know MOAR!

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Dynastar:

This is really interesting. An LP105 an updated rocker profile and some new sizes would be killer.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Dynastar:

New Mpro, huh?

Come ski at the INW mag together and I can do more than tell, I can show. And if you're between a 26.5 and a 27.5 you might even be able step in to them and slide around.

Come ski at the INW mag together and I can do more than tell, I can show. And if you're between a 26.5 and a 27.5 you might even be able step in to them and slide around.
    Planning to be there for the Saturday at Silver! Unfortunately I have gigantor feet at a 340mm BSL which keeps me out of most ski sharing. Eager to check them out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Planning to be there for the Saturday at Silver! Unfortunately I have gigantor feet at a 340mm BSL which keeps me out of most ski sharing. Eager to check them out, though.
    Geez man, I didn't even know boots came that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Out with it! We must know MOAR!
    1000g approx. Will be stiffest in its class (# marketing)

Geez man, I didn't even know boots came that big.
    Haha. It's only a 29.5, too. I wanted the retro Lange this year, but they only made it up to a 28.5

Saw this on NS

I hoped it's new shift but apparently people on NS say it's a new alpine binding

hm, that new toe actually makes a lot of sense. Transforming the Shift toe to a light alpine toe matches well with all the light weight sticks people wanna use inbounds nowadays. It should be a lot less complex to manufacture / make work properly too. A solid AFD seems like a good idea. I am kinda surprised that Salomon haven't updated the Shift's AFD yet, but any day now eh.

oh and yes, the biggest news in the NS thread is arguably that Faction's CT line is no more next year, fueling the speculation that Candide is starting his own brand. Time will tell.

Local shop tech said there was a new version of the Scarpa F1 LT next year the XT, similar but with traditional buckle instead of the velcro one and stiffer flex.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    oh and yes, the biggest news in the NS thread is arguably that Faction's CT line is no more next year, fueling the speculation that Candide is starting his own brand. Time will tell.
    hopefully Candide can find a better brand/factory, so skis under his name would not delam each season

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    hopefully Candide can find a better brand/factory, so skis under his name would not delam each season
    Faction definitely had manufacturing issues before they moved production to the Sporten plant in 2018.
    Then in 21 they moved production to the Fisher plant and quality/fit and finish are insanely good. The 21 CT line were too heavy and stiff for Newschoolers but they are amazing playful chargers for aggressive skiers.

Faction now built in the Amer/Atomic plant this year but the CT line much lighter than the 21 version but still stiffer than years past so still not popular with Newschooler crowd.

Hearing Faction is replacing the Candide line next year with another “all mountain freestyle” line and Candide separating from Faction and doing his own line.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the new Faction line goes softer and stays light and hopefully Candide’s version stays beefier with solid weight.

That binding toe looks like a fucking tie fighter. Is Darth in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk