Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Theyd be nice in todays market. Theyrr quite ez to fully rrbuild with small tools. I had a pair and they were great until i lost a carriage bolt that the toe wings pivot on. A simple bolt eith a nut on the end where as current versions have a pressed in pivot. Adjustable insert pins on those too. Back then there werent many around as well as many bc shops or online shops like skimo to get small parts

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I have some extra of those carriage bolts if anyone needs one. They're roughly 3mm dia, finding one that has the correct unthreaded length is the hard part.

The heel is great if you can work with max din of 9. The toes aren't great, the locking mech has a tendancy to slowly open while walking and then let your toe out while sidehilling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.wildsnow.com/31217/at-bi...ss/#more-31217

the AT binding banned in some wilderness areas

I'm thinking reverting to the tele binding should be no problem cuz there is no advantage to using one ?

That's a solid April Fool's post. Touche to Wildsnow

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I have some extra of those carriage bolts if anyone needs one. They're roughly 3mm dia, finding one that has the correct unthreaded length is the hard part.

The heel is great if you can work with max din of 9. The toes aren't great, the locking mech has a tendancy to slowly open while walking and then let your toe out while sidehilling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Haaa thats pretty cool you have parts for that vintage. Some of those features you mention have worn the lustre off though. I cant remember what happened to mine

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I hate April Fools so much... except for J Skis. Thats fucking amazing haha I bet they actually kind of work too!

22/23 gear rumors

Fondled today a pair of Nordicas Unleashed 108 186 cm. Interesting looking ski and would love to try them in 191 cm. Asked for the 191 length. Shop guy told me they arenít available in Europe yet. Stumbled over the ĄMade in Ukraineď sign. Didnít dare to ask if they ever gonna get them at all. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Fondled today a pair of Nordicas Unleashed 108 186 cm. Interesting looking ski and would love to try them in 191 cm. Asked for the 191 length. Shop guy told me they aren’t available in Europe yet. Stumbled over the „Made in Ukraine“ sign. Didn’t dare to ask if they ever gonna get them at all. So sad.
    Yeah, lots of Fischer/Blizzard/Nordica stuff was being made in Ukraine and I'm pretty sure all production there is on hold . . .

I've been super curious about the new Faction La Machine Mini/Micro skis that are coming out next year. Anyone have an idea of what they might weigh in at? The 126mm La Machine weighs sub 1900g in 186 so I would imagine the skinnier ones will be quite light

Ben,

I think the weights you're looking for are a few pages back in this thread. Also, I pulled a clamp of one of my wife's La Machine 178's and it weighed 1,796g on my lab scale. Not psycho light but still pretty light. Almost exactly the same as her BMT 122 176's.

Thanks LT, looks like the La Machine series has the potential to be the successor to the BMT series. Can your wife provide any commentary on the ride characteristics of the La Machine vs BMT? I doubt Faction can make a light ski feel as nice as Volkl but I have high hopes for these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Fondled today a pair of Nordicas Unleashed 108 186 cm. Interesting looking ski and would love to try them in 191 cm. Asked for the 191 length. Shop guy told me they arenít available in Europe yet. Stumbled over the ĄMade in Ukraineď sign. Didnít dare to ask if they ever gonna get them at all. So sad.
    Factory is in Mukachevo, Transcarpathia region, very close to Hungarian and Slovakian borders. That part hasn't been affected by shelling or active military actions, but as most manufacturing and logistics in Ukraine, it's on deep hold. Like Covid affecting supply chain wasn't enough...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

We just picked up the La Machines a few weeks ago and haven't had the chance to get them on the hill yet. Looks like we will be going up for our last lift served day on Saturday for her own personal demo day that will include the La Machines, BMT 122's and L138's! I guess her commentary will only apply to shitty spring conditions. If you happen to know of anyone who needs a pair of 182 Lotus 138 Pure3 Spoons (purple ones) let me know. I picked those up for her just prior to getting the white ones from Anthony [which will be going up Saturday]. I'm really curious about the Factions as well as it looks like they may be the successors to the BMT line.