Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    How’s your French?

Skieur just posted a long video on next years skis from a variety of brands. About half the brands brought their race/carving skis to talk about but a few brought free ride.

Notable time stamps (approximate):

Fischer Ranger 102 - 7 min
    K2 Dispatch - 21 min
    Black Crows Atris - 25 min
    Faction La Machine - 34 min
    Armada Locator - 39 min
    Volkl Kendo - 41 min
    Line Blade Optic - 43 min

https://youtu.be/cq8QiNTBX4A

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    At the UK trade show last week they had the specs'n'pics for the 22/23 Scott Patrol E2 30 avi pack but unfortunately didn't have an actual pack to fondle and compare to the E1.

For 22/23 the Alpride E2 system will only be available in the Patrol 30 litre pack and it will be available in very limited numbers (there's only 15 coming to the UK) so to secure one I'd recommend preordering. The existing E1 Patrol 30 and E1 Patrol 40 will both continue unchanged in 22/23.

The E2 system has a few extra features compared to the E1, namely: LCD display, charge statue LED, deflation knob accessible from the outside of the pack and a USB-C charging port (as opposed to the current Micro USB), slightly lighter at 1140g (versus 1280g) and easier to swap out - although there's no other pack sizes coming until 23/24. The system is a different shape than the current one but without seeing it in real life it's hard to tell if it's smaller - and Scott are just saying that it's "reworked" with no claim of being smaller. What is important to note though is that the E2 system will not fit in to an E1 pack as not only is the system a different shape within the pack but also that the tabs that attached the airbag to the pack are different.

Attachment 402701

The actual pack, which comes in a choice of black or light grey, is also changed slightly with what looks like a slightly higher spec waist band than the current one (which IMO isn't a problem) and the new pack is slightly larger at 62 x 29 x 19cm compared to the current 60 x 28 x 19cm size. Everything else about the pack remains that same but its larger size means that it's 190g heavier than the current pack.

So the slightly larger pack combined with a (possibly) smaller system should mean more usable space - but I don't think that it's going to be significantly more otherwise Scott would be talking that up. And the combined system + pack weight is 2720g so 50g more than the current E1 version.

Unless I change my mind when I get to play with the new pack I see these new features as 'nice to have' rather than radical improvements and with the E2 30 going to be 10-12% dearer than the E1 30 I think I'll be sticking with the E1.
    I’m happy to hear this report. My monkey brain immediately thought about selling my millet e1 pack when I saw the e2 announced. I like it more than my jetforce tour because of its ease of packing and the fact that it’s bigger but I honestly couldn’t distinguish the 100g difference when comparing them or skiing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    Or they should have just kept, renamed and improved on the Blog.
    Hated everything about that ski

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see any updates from the following:

Smith

K2 Mindbender

Lange

ON3P

Moment

POC

Black Diamond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it has been mentioned in the thread before, but if your German / google translate skills are good then there is a bit of info to be found on Prime-skiing.de including on the new Rangers, Optics and the new Tyrolia Protector binding.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Hank just told us he’s a Jerry without saying he’s a Jerry…
    Actually, Hank is not that far off with his opinion. M102 is not a good freeride ski design by modern standards. Skiing fast on groomers, that’s exactly what I’m using M102 for.
    I don’t know anybody who is taking out a M102 for real freeriding. That’s the domain of 105-115 waisted playful chargers nowadays.

What’s fake freeriding?

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    I don’t know anybody who is taking out a M102 for real freeriding. That’s the domain of 105-115 waisted playful chargers nowadays.
    You’re kidding, right?

I thought it may be a secret code alluding the telemark freeheel skiing. I was going to take particular offense, as I love my (full camber) mantras. Freepiste, free piss, freeride, free weed, freestyle….

Any freerider, any real freerider ...

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What’s fake freeriding?
    Fake Freeriding is Hank's thing

22/23 gear rumors

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Actually, Hank is not that far off with his opinion. M102 is not a good freeride ski design by modern standards. Skiing fast on groomers, that’s exactly what I’m using M102 for.
    I know several who use it for freeriding when conditions are not conducive to a wider waisted ski, ie 106+ waist and love it for just that, they can rip as well. To say it’s not a good freeride ski is just silly, according to those who ski it. Plus those of use that can drive a ski want it stiff with metal and a low 20’s TR. especially if the terrain is more open. No dog in this fight.
    Personally if I’m zooming groomers I want something under 90, preferably 80ish underfoot.

Hank's judgement is heavily clouded by skiing at Steamboat

The new Head Kore RS boot looks awesome. Who’s got details? The old Kore walk mode sucked and the boot was way too soft so hopefully this is a upgrade.

Just got my name on some early release 2023 180cm Bentchetler 110s.

Got some Tectons waiting for these.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

Nice! Where/how?

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

Blister’s early take is more narrower 120 than fatter 110 and playful and loose versus damp and stable. I bet you like them.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

22/23 gear rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Nice! Where/how?
    North Shore Ski & Board in North Vancouver is my local shop. They have some coming in. So I put my name on the 180cm’s.

Rec mount is -3cm. With lines at +2, +1, -1, -2

Likely will go -2cm (-5cm) for touring. Glad it’s more like the 120 BC, than the 100 BC.

May have to sell the K108s to pay for these!

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Attachment 402707

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Didn't ski but got my hands on a pair of the 114s the other day and I'm sold they look legit. Waiting for 19x size is easier said then done

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Didn't ski but got my hands on a pair of the 114s the other day and I'm sold they look legit. Waiting for 19x size is easier said then done

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I rode Chair 2 with one of the Alpy freeride coaches who was on them. They looked sweet and he was stoked about them.

I like the look of the XT. Looks like a refined MTN Lab. For some reason I get the impression that they are narrow around ancle / lower calf? If so, they could be great for me.

https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...oot-collection

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4Quattro-line-01.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	402887

Definitely checking these out as I've been on original MTN Labs with a aftermarket liner since they came out. Picked up a pair of ZeroG Scouts last year, but not loving them so far.
    On the other hand, I really liked the buckle arrangement on the Labs, so a improved fit there could be the ticket as well

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    I like the look of the XT. Looks like a refined MTN Lab. For some reason I get the impression that they are narrow around ancle / lower calf? If so, they could be great for me.

https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...oot-collection

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4Quattro-line-01.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	402887

Definitely checking these out as I've been on original MTN Labs with a aftermarket liner since they came out. Picked up a pair of ZeroG Scouts last year, but not loving them so far.
    On the other hand, I really liked the buckle arrangement on the Labs, so a improved fit there could be the ticket as well
    These look low volume in the toebox.

Ah, the old "make it lighter by making it smaller" trick...

Or, they could have just started from scratch and came up with something that looks like a prius. I had a pair of Scarpa something-or-other... orange... touring boot from 22 years ago that fit amazing but were too soft and hurt to ski in.

Who knows. It's a pretty bold move to start a new ski boot line. They understand the risk. Hopefully Bode assessed it.

Maybe it's rad. I mean, I hope so.

Maybe it’s the touring fulltilt we have been waiting for.

I flexed the red Armada Locator in store the other day, pretty stiff.