Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Bent chetler 110. Bout time. Wonder what the weight is…
    The catalog says 1750-grams for the 180-cm length.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I was the one who posted the new strive binding in the NS thread and I've had a few days on it now. No, it is not a replacement for the STH and no it does not ski like complete shit like the Z-toe bindings did (and is not a modern replacement for that either). I still love the STH first and foremost but I am impressed by this binding. I did not feel like it being lighter and lower gave it a weaker feel than an STH, especially with the 16 DIN version still using the same heel piece as the STH. Snow is still low tide in CO and will report back again when more big terrain opens up, but so far I have nothing bad to say about it.

edit to add that the strive uses the warden 13 mounting pattern, and it may actually replace the warden 13 all together since I only saw a warden 11 in the catalogue.

So the strive is possibly the soon to replace Warden? Interesting. Perhaps it is also a shot at the growing Attack market? While the STH is an awesome binding, I see a lot of P15s and Attack2s on skis these days...

On a World Cup note, I'd say just skim the posts you don't want to read. When the Atomic product was called onto the carpet in a public thread, an Atomic Product Manager (ONK) was bound to reply.

22/23 gear rumors

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I was the one who posted the new strive binding in the NS thread and I've had a few days on it now. No, it is not a replacement for the STH and no it does not ski like complete shit like the Z-toe bindings did (and is not a modern replacement for that either). I still love the STH first and foremost but I am impressed by this binding. I did not feel like it being lighter and lower gave it a weaker feel than an STH, especially with the 16 DIN version still using the same heel piece as the STH. Snow is still low tide in CO and will report back again when more big terrain opens up, but so far I have nothing bad to say about it.

edit to add that the strive uses the warden 13 mounting pattern, and it may actually replace the warden 13 all together since I only saw a warden 11 in the catalogue.
    I am glad to hear positive things about the bindings. From a product offering standpoint, who is the target market? As has been stated, is it going to replace the Warden? It seems to be a cheaper to produce GW compatible binding. Good for Amer sports. I still want to know what the elastic travel in the toe is. If it is comparable or even close to an STH, them count me as interested.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    So the strive is possibly the soon to replace Warden? Interesting. Perhaps it is also a shot at the growing Attack market? While the STH is an awesome binding, I see a lot of P15s and Attack2s on skis these days...

On a World Cup note, I'd say just skim the posts you don't want to read. When the Atomic product was called onto the carpet in a public thread, an Atomic Product Manager (ONK) was bound to reply.
    If it competes with the cost of the Attack. I used to only put STH's on my skis. But now my whole quiver is Attack's. Cannot beat the performance to price ratio.
    Training for Alpental

^^^
    The attack is just a straight up better binding than the sth2 (OG version had the issue that the heel would wobble after 1 year). I had 1 pair of sth2 on some bodacious. Finally killed those skis and the bindings are going in the trash. More pre releases out of sth2 than any binding I can ever remember, even crappy marker twin cams. I had my heel pieces turned up +3 over attacks and pivots to feel remotely safe.

Where do you guys put the axial 120 compared to an attack 13? I just picked up a couple pairs on the cheap but never used them before. Lotta plastic…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    ^^^
    The attack is just a straight up better binding than the sth2 (OG version had the issue that the heel would wobble after 1 year). I had 1 pair of sth2 on some bodacious. Finally killed those skis and the bindings are going in the trash. More pre releases out of sth2 than any binding I can ever remember, even crappy marker twin cams. I had my heel pieces turned up +3 over attacks and pivots to feel remotely safe.

The Attack is no where near the binding the Sth - the Attack as has been as stated is a cheap alternative…

What I love is Sam Kuch is promoting the Attacks but in the recent MSP movie he is rocking gold Pivots on his Head skis…. Even though he gets free Attacks still rolls with an alternative binding…. If you are on a budget or are worried about matchie match go Attack…

^^^

If you’re straight up going to throw them away I’ll give you beer money for them. To broke to afford bindings but skis…. No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    The Attack is no where near the binding the Sth - the Attack as has been as stated is a cheap alternative…

What I love is Sam Kuch is promoting the Attacks but in the recent MSP movie he is rocking gold Pivots on his Head skis…. Even though he gets free Attacks still rolls with an alternative binding…. If you are on a budget or are worried about matchie match go Attack…

Pivots are without a doubt the best. After that I prefer peak/mojo then attack, never had an issue with the toe and heel track is made of metal. But sth2 just sucks. I’ll give my sth2 to a lifty in need

Onenerdykid, when is atomic debuting a tele boot line-up?

Pivots are without a doubt the best. After that I prefer peak/mojo then attack, never had an issue with the toe and heel track is made of metal. But sth2 just sucks. I’ll give my sth2 to a lifty in need
    I am a lifty in need and I will send you my address… And I even have Bodacious…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639709248.703171.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	397041

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    yeah, yeah, while you go ski around on your 7 din binding remember that all the big spring development come from these guys hucking their meat down mountainsides at 140kmh. As no one races on the greatest alpine binding of all time, the Pivot, all the brands are striving to come up with something that works. This is where it starts.
    Anyone can make a powder ski in their garage, but nobody is making new bindings there.
    Um cast

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Um cast

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I like my cast set up for what it is but its a binding add on not a garage made binding.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

What I love is Sam Kuch is promoting the Attacks but in the recent MSP movie he is rocking gold Pivots on his Head skis…. Even though he gets free Attacks still rolls with an alternative binding….
    that's because they're CAST

For fuck sake there has to be more than this? Somebody at least make something up. How about an actual picture of the new Tecnica boot? ARG UL lengths and weight?

Still sitting on my thumb waiting for enough snow to start some low country touring.

From NS Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2B8DE176-05C8-415B-AF3B-0E27D83BC0DD.jpeg 
Views:	362 
Size:	291.2 KB 
ID:	398476
    Harvest the ride.

How about what we all actually care about

What colors are pivots gonna be next year

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Yes! We want a new Forza combo.

Rasta, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Rasta, I believe.
    Please, please, please be true!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Raw and Gold return for sure. I hope they don't do any more "pro" skier editions and just do the colours everyone is asking for. We are pretty much sold out of every Pivot except the Harlaut limited editions which we just call red and black now because no one knows who Henrik Harlaut is.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Raw and Gold return for sure. I hope they don't do any more "pro" skier editions and just do the colours everyone is asking for. We are pretty much sold out of every Pivot except the Harlaut limited editions which we just call red and black now because no one knows who Henrik Harlaut is.
    It’s also that ugly skier stencil that makes it looks like a kids binding.

I for one reallly hope it’s not rasta or there will be a lot of gold in my life going forward haha

More info on the new Dynastar:

Same lengths as the Mfree108.

110mm waist on the 192 size, skinnier as the length goes down. Slightly wider waist width for more versatility in soft snow conditions at FWT venues.

Sounds like the ski is designed to charge as hard as the current LP105, still very damp and planted but also going to be more fun to ski in tight spots, easier to release when needed, etc due to more progressive shape and rocker profile. Basically trying to bring all the good qualities of the LP105 and the Mfree108 together in one super ski.

I'll have more details in a few weeks. Hopefully can get a pair on snow soon to confirm/deny the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    More info on the new Dynastar:

Same lengths as the Mfree108.

110mm waist on the 192 size, skinnier as the length goes down. Slightly wider waist width for more versatility in soft snow conditions at FWT venues.

Sounds like the ski is designed to charge as hard as the current LP105, still very damp and planted but also going to be more fun to ski in tight spots, easier to release when needed, etc due to more progressive shape and rocker profile. Basically trying to bring all the good qualities of the LP105 and the Mfree108 together in one super ski.

I'll have more details in a few weeks. Hopefully can get a pair on snow soon to confirm/deny the hype.
    Bringing the Stoke!! I like all of this!