Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Old news...
    Here's a side by side of Hirscher's GS ski with pained Markers, beside the "new" Atomic design. This was in Åre in 2019 at the World Champs.
    Attachment 396590
    Mikaela was running them (new Atomics) back then too.
    Fair enough, you're more well-traveled than I, this was the first I'd seen them. Still don't get what's wrong with the driver toe that absolutely anything is the better option.

Neither you or I have handled Henrik Kristophersen's skis this year, so we could be wrong about him skiing on Markers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229B36C7-3583-492A-8083-62AF3ECF1194.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	396743

I'll ask Francis to get us some close up photos of Hernrik's set up.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Name:  E605C1E8-F5EA-4DEE-BD5A-AC9F776C350F.jpg
Views: 2303
Size:  79.8 KB

Yeah, he's definitely not skiing Looks. Not that it seems to be doing much for his results at this point.

Enough race nerd bullshit, when do we get a peek at the new LP 105?! LWS?

Enough race nerd bullshit, when do we get a peek at the new LP 105?! LWS?
    Go look at Reine Barkered's ig story.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Hirscher started using the Marker EPS bindings in 2014 (as well as the Marker piston plates). He grew up skiing Markers on his Blizzards until he switched to Atomic. Mikaela maybe used them the year after. Atomic then essentially made their own version of the binding which is pretty much what all WC athletes use on their tech skis now if they ski on Salomon or Atomic.
    It's true Atomic made copy of Marker some 3 years ago, but it's so bad noone in World cup is using it. Everyone are using Marker that are then sent to Atomic/Salomon where they try to make them look like Atomic/Salomon. But it's still real Marker binding not Atomic/Salomon copy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ogi View Post
    It's true Atomic made copy of Marker some 3 years ago, but it's so bad noone in World cup is using it. Everyone are using Marker that are then sent to Atomic/Salomon where they try to make them look like Atomic/Salomon. But it's still real Marker binding not Atomic/Salomon copy of it.
    Yeah, that's not true. Almost everyone up to and thru Super-G is on the new Icon binding, with only a few still on the X-binding (mainly older speed skis with Servotec rods). I walk thru the race room on an almost daily basis and I haven't seen a painted Marker binding in about a year. There was a time last year when some athletes were on the new heel with the Marker toe due to parts not being available, but even those days are now over.

I don't walk through race room, but I do spend some time in wax rooms on WC tour, and even though I have nothing to do with Atomic/Salomon, I have friend or two, who is taking care of racers on Atomic/Salomon.

No one in this thread cares about Atomic vs. Marker race bindings on the World Cup. Make a separate thread to discuss and measure your dicks on who has better access to racers skis. Read the room, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    No one in this thread cares about Atomic vs. Marker race bindings on the World Cup. Make a separate thread to discuss and measure your dicks on who has better access to racers skis. Read the room, guys.
    The new ski is 108 and has lots of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The new ski is 108 and has lots of metal.
    Thats what we want to hear.
    They look like they have a little more tip taper than a traditional Dynastar design.
    https://www.instagram.com/stories/re...9122817774465/

Wasatchback - aren't you the Tecnica guy? Any insider info you able to give on the long rumored lighter boot? I have high hopes for this thing since the Zero G is so great and skis so well for its weight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Go look at Reine Barkered's ig story.
    These?

Name:  Image1639585581.001322.jpg
Views: 2191
Size:  77.9 KB
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    These?

Name:  Image1639585581.001322.jpg
Views: 2191
Size:  77.9 KB
    So... M-Pro 108?

Keep it coming. Moar, moar!

This is a 22/23 gear thread and this binding is launching for 22/23. It may not be your interest, but it may be for others.

I do think it's helpful to clear the air on what products are being used by athletes and which ones aren't. Perhaps you don't, that's great. But someone posted this and people responded.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    This is a 22/23 gear thread and this binding is launching for 22/23. It may not be your interest, but it may be for others.

I do think it's helpful to clear the air on what products are being used by athletes and which ones aren't. Perhaps you don't, that's great. But someone posted this and people responded.
    Count me in as interested in the race binding chatter. All tech rumours are good rumours. Is it confirmed there's a revised Shift that is in a state athletes are testing it? Or was it a missighting of the new alpine binding?

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post

The input from an industry leader like you is always welcome. The knowledge you share on here, or on whiskey fuelled, long winded, podcasts is very valuable to us who are wanting to better understand, or technically learn more about gear.

Haha. It’s like you were in my head, reading my thoughts. I find it amusing, as well. Perhaps we just need to exhaust the topic early so it never, ever comes up again?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

yeah, yeah, while you go ski around on your 7 din binding remember that all the big spring development come from these guys hucking their meat down mountainsides at 140kmh. As no one races on the greatest alpine binding of all time, the Pivot, all the brands are striving to come up with something that works. This is where it starts.
    Anyone can make a powder ski in their garage, but nobody is making new bindings there.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    yeah, yeah, while you go ski around on your 7 din binding remember that all the big spring development come from these guys hucking their meat down mountainsides at 140kmh. As no one races on the greatest alpine binding of all time, the Pivot, all the brands are striving to come up with something that works. This is where it starts.
    Anyone can make a powder ski in their garage, but nobody is making new bindings there.
    Agreed. But clearly, the best binding of all time is the 916/920.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

I’m here for the inside baseball, I find it fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    You know me so well...

My sarcasm was not coming across well this morning in my comments, but there's some truth, too. I love inside baseball from industry folks as much as the next Mag, though I don't really care about racing. If there's a product that we are going to be able to buy, let's talk about it. We had that with the first photo of the Atomic binding.

While I personally don't care what a particular racer is or is not using in world cup races, I'm glad some here do. If you want to talk about old Marker bindings and who uses them, I'm sure there's some WC threads to have that discussion or, if not, create the thread. You can compare the long distance spy photos there. Compare who has better access and knowledge of who really races with what in that thread. Let's talk about real or speculated new products we may or may not actually see/buy here.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Wasatchback - aren't you the Tecnica guy? Any insider info you able to give on the long rumored lighter boot?
    This. (Now that that F1-LT holds that position.)

Bent chetler 110. Bout time. Wonder what the weight is…

Is the white walker 116 still a thing? Or just the 121?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

My guess is that with the MagicJ retiring the Whitewalker gets that spot but time will tell if I’m off base.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Wasatchback - aren't you the Tecnica guy? Any insider info you able to give on the long rumored lighter boot? I have high hopes for this thing since the Zero G is so great and skis so well for its weight.
    I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of said boot…..