Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Now, let's see if they've figured out how to shape it for a foot that actually occurs in nature.
    Absolutely the worst-fitting boot I've ever tried on...unreal lack of support around the ankle.

I wonder if those news Bent Chetler 110s are more like the current 120s or 100s. Hoping for a slimmed-down version of the 120s...

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    https://issuu.com/atomic_ski/docs/at...atalog_2223_us

Shows the new Strive binding.
    Attachment 396520

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I don’t get it. It looks like a High DIN Z toe binding. Automatic toe height adjustment, lighter weight, and GW compatible. What is the elastic travel? No more post and pivot toe?

I see if has a “snow scrapper”. Ok, I’m in!!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    I wonder if those news Bent Chetler 110s are more like the current 120s or 100s. Hoping for a slimmed-down version of the 120s...
    One of the “features” says “directional shape” so I’m guessing wider 110.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by old mexico View Post
    Bad pic but here’s the new bentchetlers Attachment 396513

:^)
    Yes!!! I’ll take 2 BC110’s please!

I had a pro deal through Amer the last couple years. The cost savings are like 20% and the gear you want is not usually included in the deal.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    https://issuu.com/atomic_ski/docs/at...atalog_2223_us

Shows the new Strive binding.
    Attachment 396520

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I don’t get it. It looks like a High DIN Z toe binding. Automatic toe height adjustment, lighter weight, and GW compatible. What is the elastic travel? No more post and pivot toe?

I see if has a “snow scrapper”. Ok, I’m in!!
    Yup. It's a fucking quad toe with a 16-din spring. Count me out.

On a lighter note, they're getting even weirder on the race side:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	506F6453-E2D0-440B-89F0-3C8E0B35B24A.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	562.8 KB 
ID:	396577

This is what Mikaela and Goggia have been skiing on this year; Atomic men were about 50/50 on these at birds of prey last weekend, but I suppose it has more to do with running older speed skis that already have a binding. It's a marker Comp 30 toe, even the mount pattern and afd are identical. If I had to guess I would say they designed it for Hirscher since he ran markers on his atomics all the time and are just now getting it out there. I'm glad to see them move on from the VIST toe, but I have a hard time seeing this as an actual improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

This is what Mikaela and Goggia have been skiing on this year; Atomic men were about 50/50 on these at birds of prey last weekend, but I suppose it has more to do with running older speed skis that already have a binding. It's a marker Comp 30 toe, even the mount pattern and afd are identical. If I had to guess I would say they designed it for Hirscher since he ran markers on his atomics all the time and are just now getting it out there. I'm glad to see them move on from the VIST toe, but I have a hard time seeing this as an actual improvement.
    Old news...
    Here's a side by side of Hirscher's GS ski with pained Markers, beside the "new" Atomic design. This was in Åre in 2019 at the World Champs.

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	556.6 KB 
ID:	396590
    Mikaela was running them (new Atomics) back then too.

Oh man Bent Chet 110!!! The automatic 109 replacement I’ve been waiting for for years!! Pumped!
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

The new Salomon Strive toe is meant to be GW and Alpine only, price point option. No MNC.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

Everyone on Atomic and Salomon are running old Marker bindings that are touched up cosmetically to look more like Atomic/Salomon binding. In reality it's old Marker binding. It's old news, as this is happening now for 3 or 4 years.

As a race geek note, anyone notice Hirscher is skiing Langes and Looks on his new ski company offerings.
    How bad does the Atomic race binding have to be to make old Markers your choice to replace it?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Most of the racers I know prefer the old marker race bindings to anyone else’s.

Re: Bentchetler 110; What took so long? This ski should have come out with the Bentchetler 100.

Hirscher started using the Marker EPS bindings in 2014 (as well as the Marker piston plates). He grew up skiing Markers on his Blizzards until he switched to Atomic. Mikaela maybe used them the year after. Atomic then essentially made their own version of the binding which is pretty much what all WC athletes use on their tech skis now if they ski on Salomon or Atomic. Speed is a different story. It’s all about energy transmission and grip. Those full metal AFD EPS bindings are like no other. Kristofferson is now using these markers on his GS and SL skis as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Hirscher started using the Marker EPS bindings in 2014 (as well as the Marker piston plates). He grew up skiing Markers on his Blizzards until he switched to Atomic. Mikaela maybe used them the year after. Atomic then essentially made their own version of the binding which is pretty much what all WC athletes use on their tech skis now if they ski on Salomon or Atomic. Speed is a different story. It’s all about energy transmission and grip. Those full metal AFD EPS bindings are like no other. Kristofferson is now using these markers on his GS and SL skis as well.
    got a link? curious to learn more about this old marker EPS. internet has some entry level kid binding

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    The new Salomon Strive toe is meant to be GW and Alpine only, price point option. No MNC.
    So replacing the much-maligned Z-toe?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Most of the racers I know prefer the old marker race bindings to anyone else’s.

Re: Bentchetler 110; What took so long? This ski should have come out with the Bentchetler 100.
    Or they should have just kept, renamed and improved on the Blog.
    Training for Alpental

Got pics of Kristofferson on the Marker?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I agree with Sessiøn - Blogs should have been kept around - what a fun ski!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    new blackops 118
    Attachment 396009
    these are the 176s aka Tatums skis. The two longer lengths will each have their own graphic as well. Can't wait to see em - some new art is def needed after everything carrying over to this season. Especially hyped for the new M-Frees and how they will look

Especially hyped for the new M-Frees and how they will look
    Where are our spy photos!? We need these!

these are the 176s aka Tatums skis. The two longer lengths will each have their own graphic as well. Can't wait to see em - some new art is def needed after everything carrying over to this season. Especially hyped for the new M-Frees and how they will look
    Now the graphic makes sense. Avid angler that she is. Now will other people buy it?
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Now the graphic makes sense. Avid angler that she is. Now will other people buy it?
    I haven't fished since I was about 8, but I still like it. YMMV, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Got pics of Kristofferson on the Marker?
    He’s on a custom green Look PX18. He is NOT on a Marker.
    Nor did Shiffrin ever ski a Marker. The only Atomic Athlete to ski a painted Marker was Hirsher, and only on his GS skis staring in 2013 at Soelden.
    This has all been covered in a thread somewhere else.

Kristofferson is skiing Markers. Started at Soelden. Used them every race this year.