Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    hm, that new toe actually makes a lot of sense. Transforming the Shift toe to a light alpine toe matches well with all the light weight sticks people wanna use inbounds nowadays. It should be a lot less complex to manufacture / make work properly too. A solid AFD seems like a good idea. I am kinda surprised that Salomon haven't updated the Shift's AFD yet, but any day now eh.

oh and yes, the biggest news in the NS thread is arguably that Faction's CT line is no more next year, fueling the speculation that Candide is starting his own brand. Time will tell.
    They had to do something with all those DIN windows without the nubs…

Interesting enough, I'm really sold that heavy skis, ski better. I'm not convinced that heavy bindings offer anything. Remembering how dead frame bindings made skis feel, I think a good portion of that was the 2lbs per foot you were adding.

The shift is already way way lighter than a Pivot or STH. A slimmed down version could have a lot of interesting applications. Essentially a 2400 gram ski + resort shift could be the same total weight at as a 1800 gram ski + Pivot. I imagine there would be some trade offs clearly... but I would 10/10 consider for my wife especially as a lighter skier and if retention is good, pairing this with a playful powder ski could be super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    hm, that new toe actually makes a lot of sense. Transforming the Shift toe to a light alpine toe matches well with all the light weight sticks people wanna use inbounds nowadays. It should be a lot less complex to manufacture / make work properly too. A solid AFD seems like a good idea. I am kinda surprised that Salomon haven't updated the Shift's AFD yet, but any day now eh.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    That binding toe looks like a fucking tie fighter. Is Darth in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you mean X Wing and Wedge Antilles, obviously.

Tecnica coming out with a 1000gram class touring boot. No changes except for colours to the Zero G Tours.

No more Driver toe apparently from the Amer Group, consolidating into a new Warden'esque' binding.

22/23 gear rumors

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Tecnica coming out with a 1000gram class touring boot. No changes except for colours to the Zero G Tours.

No more Driver toe apparently from the Amer Group, consolidating into a new Warden'esque' binding.
    Uuuuhhhh are you saying my beloved and favorite STH binding will be no more or going through a pretty significant change…?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ No no no say it ain’t so. Driver toe ain’t broke so why fix it

Seems weird for Amer to make a new AFD for the STH2 this year and drop it a season later. But I have no inside knowledge.

Agreed. ATK brakes are just for show when you have to ride lifts with your tech setup

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Seems weird for Amer to make a new AFD for the STH2 this year and drop it a season later. But I have no inside knowledge.
    Was thinking the same thing. With boot sole compatibility being a bigger deal these days, I get wanting to “simplify” the toe design.

I wonder how many Guardians they sell these days? Seems like the Warden/Guardian toe piece design was all about removing material from the traditional STH design to allow for the binding toe to pivot. With that design on its way to being obsolete, perhaps centralizing the design around the Shift style makes more sense? I also wonder what the ratio of STH to Guardian bindings is these days? I still prefer the elastic travel and retention of the STH toe, but perhaps the market is shifting?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

The pictured toe piece is the new shift that I saw the salomon guys skiing at Alta. I have zero info on them. I was just loading the chair behind them and saw it.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Also from NS: new armada whitewalker 121 and looks like an ARG UL.

Wider WW is interesting but I’m more interested in a light weight ARG for touring. Glad I held out on picking up some ARGs this fall. The current version is a tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5668.JPG 
Views:	400 
Size:	690.3 KB 
ID:	396166

^^ Awesome niche skis, but doubtful they’ll sell many.

Would love to try touring on an ARG UL, but sure wouldn’t want to ski it inbounds.

Doubt many folks have the skills needed to ride those Whitewalkers like they’re made to… or rather fly them

Yeah,
    that ARG UL is intriguing. I've never used a true reverse/reverse ski before, want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Rumors: if it says Blizzard on it (and relevant to this forum) it will be new this year.

So are we gonna get a carbon Blizzard R11?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Anyone have intel on the rumored Rossi Black Ops 110?

ugh don't kill the driver toe, im already hoarding sth 1.0, now it seems ill need to buy a few sth2.

Also lay off us narrow feet narrow heel people, every boot is already too wide (Save for a few)
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Relax, Sth2 16 is still in the line for next year.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Bad pic but here’s the new bentchetlers Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0914.JPG 
Views:	652 
Size:	620.8 KB 
ID:	396513

:^)

Quote Originally Posted by old mexico View Post
    Bad pic but here’s the new bentchetlers

:^)
    Fun to see that they brought in a middle waist width.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

22/23 gear rumors

https://issuu.com/atomic_ski/docs/at...atalog_2223_us

Shows the new Strive binding.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639428568.448399.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	396520

that catalog has no change to the shift (as posted earlier in the thread). Also great to see that 110 bent chet too.

22/23 gear rumors

Apparently that’s the new sth toe, I think it’s around 200g lighter for the pair

EDIT: maybe it’s called the strive now?

That Strive toe looks a whole lot like a Shift toe that doesn't shift.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ^^ Awesome niche skis, but doubtful they’ll sell many.

Would love to try touring on an ARG UL, but sure wouldn’t want to ski it inbounds.

Doubt many folks have the skills needed to ride those Whitewalkers like they’re made to… or rather fly them

Those white walkers look interesting, haven't followed armada skis in a while but they look pretty damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Bout time. Salomon was sucking low hind tit in the touring boot department. Now, let's see if they've figured out how to shape it for a foot that actually occurs in nature.
    it doesn't have to fit when they sell or give every pair at pro deal to guides at heli and cat ops who then spend the whole winter getting boot work done until the get their next boots on pro deal
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca