Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Is it missing any kind of thoughtful design direction or something?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    yes
    But it’s got lots of things I saw on Houzz that are popular! White brick! Black windows! It’s a perfect example of a semi-modern neo- gothic craftslonial!
    All that’s missing is a mountain mansion style rock retaining wall/grand staircase to reach that door.

definitely craftslonial

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    What exactly am I looking at here? Is that the front or back? Is it missing a porch or something?
    That’s the front. I think what is missing is all the fill they are going to add. Zoom in and note the length of exposed vertical pvc tube above grade. Hopefully but unlikely it will include a well constructed retaining wall to keep all the fill from running right down that hill when we get a series of monstrous spring thunder storms. No telling what will be in that fill either. I wouldn’t think about buying new construction around here right now. Codes and permitting are an overworked cluster.

The most half-assed finished garage I've seen in the last year of looking at bad DIY remodels. Nice bootdryer though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    That’s the front. I think what is missing is all the fill they are going to add. Zoom in and note the length of exposed vertical pvc tube above grade. Hopefully but unlikely it will include a well constructed retaining wall to keep all the fill from running right down that hill when we get a series of monstrous spring thunder storms. No telling what will be in that fill either. I wouldn’t think about buying new construction around here right now. Codes and permitting are an overworked cluster.
    How much fill can you really add with those windows there? There’s gotta be a massive staircase / patio just to fill that whole side of the house

Ouch, imagine thinking that was adding value to the house

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    The most half-assed finished garage I've seen in the last year of looking at bad DIY remodels. Nice bootdryer though
    I like the retro chair too. But tell me why one would leave the garage door opener and rails in place? I so want to push the button and see what happens. Koolaid man comes bustin' thru the wall? Ooohhh yeahhhh!

My guess is that they wanted it to be fairly easily to convert back to the traditional garage orientation, which it looks like this accomplishes. Would be a selling point in either direction, depending on the desires of a new owner.

Tear out carpet and a bit of drywall, presto chango. One day job.
    That person is extremely organized, I would imagine they put some thought into it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I like the retro chair too. But tell me why one would leave the garage door opener and rails in place? I so want to push the button and see what happens. Koolaid man comes bustin' thru the wall? Ooohhh yeahhhh!
    I think that unloads the snowboard racks. I'm stealing the shit out of that boot dryer tho, great fuckin idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Ouch, imagine thinking that was adding value to the house

I can't quite tell, is that chimney wrapped in carpet?

why one would leave the garage door opener and rails in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    My guess is that they wanted it to be fairly easily to convert back to the traditional garage
    It's because it's a rental.

The phantom garage door opener is awesome.

"About This Home - This house is a total disaster! Sold "as is" including all the "stuff" on the property. A great garage however. You need to bring your imagination. One of the worst properties on the market."
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    "About This Home - This house is a total disaster! Sold "as is" including all the "stuff" on the property. A great garage however. You need to bring your imagination. One of the worst properties on the market."
    Lulz. Go to street view. The front lawn is green AF. Didn't see that coming.

How is the neighborhood?

Lulz. Go to street view. The front lawn is green AF. Didn't see that coming.
    Like a mullet: business in the front yard, party in the back

In that case, my entire brain is a mullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Sadly it will sell over listing
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    I can't quite tell, is that chimney wrapped in carpet?
    Pretty sure it's tiny backsplash tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    This house was purchased for 1.15 in 2014... It's listed a 7.8...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...41174294_zpid/

Nashville is great and all, but I'd rather have this ski in/out in Snowmass for 100k less.

Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 04-10-2022 at 06:43 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    This house was purchased for 1.15 in 2014... It's listed a 7.8...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...41174294_zpid/

Nashville is great and all, but I'd rather have this ski in/out in Snowmass for 100k less.

House was built in 2016...explains the price jump.

Here's a quaint listing in Alta, WY. It appears that family photos are for sale for $8MM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...5528319_zpid/?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Here's a quaint listing in Alta, WY. It appears that family photos are for sale for $8MM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...5528319_zpid/?
    I have no good reason to, but now I hate this family. Their pasta dishes leave a lot to be desired; 8MM could pay for one of the kids to learn the culinary arts or hire a proper servant.

I have no good reason to, but now I hate this family. Their pasta dishes leave a lot to be desired; 8MM could pay for one of the kids to learn the culinary arts or hire a proper servant.
    Exactly.
    What in the actual fuck is for sale there? I don’t get it.

“How much for the women…your children…how much for the little girl?”
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda