Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It's a treehouse. Seriously. So that's kinda weird, but the place is kinda awesome. Is Pismo beach a dump or something?
    It's the primary beach that the Central Valley folks flock to on weekends. So you're hanging around the fine folks from Fresno and Bakersfield as they brap brap all over the dunes on quads, sand rails and dirt bikes. If that's your ideal beach thing, it's heaven.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It's a treehouse. Seriously. So that's kinda weird, but the place is kinda awesome. Is Pismo beach a dump or something?
    It was good enough for Bugs Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It was good enough for Bugs Bunny.
    Bugs wanting to go to Coachella for the big festival reads different now too

"Unfortunately there are squatters on the property and seller does not have resources to remove them and is willing to negotiate the price for a buyer to take the risk of closing."

$330k

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...53849138_zpid/

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    "Unfortunately there are squatters on the property and seller does not have resources to remove them and is willing to negotiate the price for a buyer to take the risk of closing."
    Dear gawd. The best images of the house you own can only be attained by drone. So you can see the mounds of garbage. And your neighbor's squatters garbage. Depressing.

So, 5 dwelling units and a homeless encampment. Bargain.
    edit: thought e were still talking about Pismo beach, my bad

In what world does it make sense that you can’t kick squatters off your property?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looks like the squatters in the place are fairly recent (since Google maps took its last pic at least), but the ones next door have been there for a while: https://www.google.com/maps/place/52...4d-122.6087786

little bit of a read on a crazy huge development proposal by MBS
    https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...-saudi-arabia/

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    In what world does it make sense that you can’t kick squatters off your property?
    You can. Don't know why the landlord hasn't. Guessing he's broke.

His other problem is that nobody is going to want it without getting the property next door as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You can. Don't know why the landlord hasn't. Guessing he's broke.

His other problem is that nobody is going to want it without getting the property next door as well.
    some cities suspended evictions during covid
    which, if nothing else, might have been long enough to allow the establishment of this immovable pile in the backyard

I think the whole states of OR and WA had moratoriums, but ours has been over for a while. I guess it's still in effect in pdx? But if I'm not mistaken, they were specifically for financial hardship / non-payment.

Intentional property damage and/or criminal actions (guarantee they're smoking meth/crack/H) fall under lease/rental agreement violations, and they can be evicted for cause, or in extreme cases - like this - the landlord can file an eviction and have them served with an unconditional quit notice of 24hrs.

I suspect one of those has happened, and the tenant(s) said fuck you, we won't go. So now the landlord needs lawyer money, which I'm guessing they don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    little bit of a read on a crazy huge development proposal by MBS
    https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...-saudi-arabia/
    Name:  CAB9DAC6-9E82-42B3-BC0B-83F709886F81.png
Views: 487
Size:  367.0 KB

This listing is really for the land but someone built what appears to be a neat thinking room. No interior pics.

They dropped the Bat Cave 220k... Lots of want. 10min from Center Hill Lake. 110 acres. Bat Cave.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...42376751_zpid/

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oregon apparently. What a mess.

I bet that place smells terrific.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Check out the recommendation from the real estate agent selling that squatter house in PDX:

“Jones advised people not to leave their homes vacant regardless of if they have security. He said it’s becoming all too common that people break in and never leave.”

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...f-b3a51b0087a5

More of that behavior will occur as the economy continues to beat the crap out of the lower financial class

Cops claiming that it’s a civil issue is bullshit. These people weren’t renters who refused to leave. It’s literally breaking and entering and then never leaving. Cops in Oregon are basically refusing to do their job all over the state because they’re mad that voters decriminalized drugs. Buddies house on the coast was broken into and the cops told him they’re not prosecuting any property crimes. Also warned him not to physically harm any potential future intruders. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Cops claiming that it’s a civil issue is bullshit. These people weren’t renters who refused to leave. It’s literally breaking and entering and then never leaving. Cops in Oregon are basically refusing to do their job all over the state because they’re mad that voters decriminalized drugs. Buddies house on the coast was broken into and the cops told him they’re not prosecuting any property crimes. Also warned him not to physically harm any potential future intruders. WTF?
    Hell, i think a majority of voters are mad that we decriminalized drugs. I wouldn't be surprised to see that reversed in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Hell, i think a majority of voters are mad that we decriminalized drugs. I wouldn't be surprised to see that reversed in the next few years.
    People are pretty dumb.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	war-on-drugs1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	422995

there’s a whole lot of details to this story that don’t align - if the landlord were injured by one of the squatents violence that should have been enough to get the squatents gone if true. Maybe PDX police would rather hang with proudboys than do their job

Cops in Oregon have been useless for a long time, but they do have that as a new excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    there’s a whole lot of details to this story that don’t align - if the landlord were injured by one of the squatents violence that should have been enough to get the squatents gone if true. Maybe PDX police would rather hang with proudboys than do their job
    Pretty much.

I think there are a lot of details missing in this story, but I’m still blown away by the RE agents comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    They dropped the Bat Cave 220k... Lots of want. 10min from Center Hill Lake. 110 acres. Bat Cave.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...42376751_zpid/

They originally listed it for $1.25MM. Paid $154K in ‘99 for the land. Probably put less than $400K into improvements. There’s still room on the price.

Solution: Move squatters to Bobby's bat cave pad. Reclaim Oregon house. Squatters will significantly depreciate bat cave enabling him to purchase. Bobby will finally be able to flash that gun hardware in a useful setting. Win-win-win.