Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    No. Obviously.
    But this looks promising
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...19052619_zpid/
    That's the real Ridgecrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Tiny town in the middle of the desert between LA and Death Valley. It only exists for the massive military areas that surround it, and are probably radioactive.
    Hot and windy in the summer, cold and windy in the winter, neverending dust is your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    After a long day at work, just bask in retiring to that sanctuary. Maybe brew up a little folgers - with an interesting fibrous bite in the bean's note. Spend the evening meticulously arranging your fridge magnets. Paradise!
    Maybe later, I'll ride my pogo stick into town and buy a lottery ticket.

Things went downhill at that place from the time a $35k mortgage was issued 14 years ago and today.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    No. Obviously.
    But this looks promising
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...19052619_zpid/
    Isn’t that Slaagmaster’s place?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m really curious about what they ordered from Backcountry to get that goat sticker in pic number 9. Also their fridge magnet collection and many wall decorations are worth stealing

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Hot and windy in the summer, cold and windy in the winter, neverending dust is your best friend.
    Sounds like the town in 'Tremors.'

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Sounds like the town in 'Tremors.'
    At least the Alabama hills were they filmed it is scenic. Ridgecrest is NOT scenic.

I used to pass by this one all the time. It's cool, but I'd be shocked if they get anywhere near what they're asking: https://www.redfin.com/OR/Portland/1.../home/26444125

not even sure how they value/appraise it...there are zero comps anywhere in town

apparently, it is offered furnished so you can keep the interior vibe

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    not even sure how they value/appraise it...there are zero comps anywhere in town

apparently, it is offered furnished so you can keep the interior vibe
    The remodel got written up when they did it, the story goes something like this: they moved from New York in the 2010s and planned to bike everywhere. Then they found out that Portland's bike infrastructure is only great when compared to, say, Dallas and you really have to be a strong / confident / experienced rider to give up your car. At that point one of the owners wrote some complainy letters to the editor / Bike Portland posts about how the bike infrastructure fell short of expectations, lol.

Whatever, still a really cool remodel.

That’s a weird spot in town, too, especially for a $4 mil house. Not really Ladds quite yet

A friend of a friend once said his dream home was a windowless tower with a moat, circled by mad max motorcycle guards. We adjusted it to old warehouse, in a city, ground floor would be 100% garage/shop. Freight elevator, band practice space / home studio, living area(s), and the whole roof would be a deck.

That's not that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    A friend of a friend once said his dream home was a windowless tower with a moat, circled by mad max motorcycle guards. We adjusted it to old warehouse, in a city, ground floor would be 100% garage/shop. Freight elevator, band practice space / home studio, living area(s), and the whole roof would be a deck.

That's not that far off.
    there’s some good stuff there. But I always thought an indoor trampoline would be a requirement in any pipedream dream home of mine
    skid luxury

I'm a big fan of white/light gray/concrete with black floor-to-ceilings. I dig it. The lower level dedicated to garage and rec spaces just need to be flipped.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I'm a big fan of white/light gray/concrete with black floor-to-ceilings. I dig it. The lower level dedicated to garage and rec spaces just need to be flipped.
    Agree. All the tile immediately stood out. Well designed and nicely executed from what the pics show.

The garage, I do not get storing firewood -- seasoned or not -- inside any conditioned living space. Just asking for trouble in the pests and insects dept.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Zillow/Redfin Gems

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    there’s some good stuff there. But I always thought an indoor trampoline would be a requirement in any pipedream dream home of mine
    How about skate park?
    Not sure it’s for sale yet, but there’s one here in NW pdx
    Name:  CC00F270-74C6-43B1-AA5C-C32DBF5CB87B.jpeg
Views: 438
Size:  255.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    How about skate park?
    Not sure it’s for sale yet, but there’s one here in NW pdx
    Name:  CC00F270-74C6-43B1-AA5C-C32DBF5CB87B.jpeg
Views: 438
Size:  255.8 KB
    If I had won the lottery at a young age this would have been my house. Nowadays, I would kill myself on that pool coping.

The thought of a pool or shitter with onlooking neighbors isn't appealing but the cool factor is high. I'm convinced there will be a run on MI real estate in the near future.

Unfortunately designed without the foresight that heating a glass house is expensive.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

i'd haveta stop throwin' stones... i like throwin stones.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Unfortunately designed without the foresight that heating a glass house is expensive.
    And cleaned all the time to not look shitty. What do you you think is higher, the heating/cooling bill or the window cleaning bill? I definitely couldn't afford either.

How the hell do you sleep past 5am when your entire bedroom wall is windows? Miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That too.