Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    yeah but guys like Yosemite Sam the bus driver were paying me $10-20 a hit

so I was just giving it away to my friends
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    yeah but guys like Yosemite Sam the bus driver were paying me $10-20 a hit

so I was just giving it away to my friends
    That's how you do it.

Couple grams of shrooms and an afternoon a the Denver zoo, talk about over stimulation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m not sure I want to confess even though the statute of limitations has long since expired, but I did grow up in the 60s. First trip of note was to Carnation to watch the piano get dropped from a helicopter, featuring background music by Country Joe and the Fish. A lot more was dropped that day besides the piano.

Sometime later was the Skykomish Lighter than Air Fair at the Berry Farm. I’ve read it was the first multi day camp out rock festival predating Woodstock by about a year. Lots of big name acts playing all day and night for three days, I think. It did rain and everything was muddy, but I didn’t feel a thing.

The Grateful Dead decided on a whim to show up on the last day, but didn’t have their sound equipment with them. They ended up using the public address system for vocals, and borrowed amps from other bands. Vocals sucked, but the instruments sounded OK. Played Dark Star, Alligator, and some other songs. The concert is on the archive and worth a listen, but not as good as some other shows.

Some of Dead stayed on the stage to play with Big Momma Thornton who followed them. Some naked streaker came up on the stage and gave her a hug during her act.

I read somewhere that right after this show Pig Pen and Bobby very nearly got fired from the Dead, but Jerry could never actually bring himself to tell them face to face.

I did some fact checking. Here is a link that talks about both the “Piano Drop” and the “Lighter than Air Fair”:
    https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Sky..._Rock_Festival
    Actually the Piano Drop occurred in Duvall, not Carnation. I think we went through Carnation to get there. I just remembered a bunch of cows. The view through the window pane was pretty distorted on that trip.

I know we were all expecting some great sound to be generated when the piano was dropped, like the final note from the Beatles “A Day in the Life”. But it was just a big thud, and the noise from the helicopter drowned out most of that, anyway. But Country Joe and the Fish were good. Very, very good..

Here is a link talking about when Bobby & Pig Pen got “fired” from the Dead:
    http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2011/...iring.html?m=1

This guy said it happened the week before the Lighter than Air Fair. All I know is Pig Pen and Bobby were both at the Fair the next week. I guess Bobby got a little more serious about practicing at that point, and the band took a turn away from Pig Pen’s blues orientation.

This is a wonderful wonderful drug. It’s been a while since I’ve tripped this hard.

Go on..

Name:  orange_bear_sticker.png
Views: 404
Size:  132.2 KB
    Late 60's in high school miraculously Owsley 4 Barrel Orange Sunshine and Purple Haze made it's way to eastern SD in fairly large quantities. We ice skated for miles up Split Rock Creek with a side trip up Devils Gulch.

While I have never done any psychedelics, I have always been fascinated by the phenomenon and science of it all, brain chemistry and all that. I saw this interesting YT vid and was wondering how accurate it is based on YOUR experiences. Comment section seems to validate it, but I wanted to know this experienced crowd's thoughts on it...

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    While I have never done any psychedelics, I have always been fascinated by the phenomenon and science of it all, brain chemistry and all that. I saw this interesting YT vid and was wondering how accurate it is based on YOUR experiences. Comment section seems to validate it, but I wanted to know this experienced crowd's thoughts on it...

how is that person walking around

like that but sitting and staring at a campfire or laying down in the middle of the forest or being anywhere and just not moving under your own power

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    how is that person walking around
    Ha. Guess that's why it's merely a 'simulation.' Somewhere in the comments I saw the author mention that one wouldn't be walking around like that IRL. It's more of an art piece.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    like that but sitting and staring at a campfire or laying down in the middle of the forest or being anywhere and just not moving under your own power
    Interesting. Is the time frame about right? (~8 minute)

As an amateur mycologist in CB in the latter 70's I had an out of body astral projection atop of Red Lady Bowl that was a fascinating visual experience

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    As an amateur mycologist in CB in the latter 70's I had an out of body astral projection atop of Red Lady Bowl that was a fascinating visual experience
    Woah. That's wild.

Haven't tried it since the 90s, but for a while there I was learning about astral projection. Haven't bothered since because it's REALLY hard to find the time, quiet, alone, etc. to get into that deep meditative state necessary. Takes lots of practice and many sessions too. While I'm not all that convinced about the "projection" aspect of it, I DO think there's something to it activating whatever parts of your brain fire off in reaction to the psilocybin in mushrooms. Doing some digging, ends up that it may be possible to achieve relatable results via meditation. Probably not the same thing exactly or as intense, but still interesting nonetheless. Was like some hardcore lucid dreaming. But like most seem to say about mushrooms, it's not so much the visuals but the entire sensory package. Some fascinating studies on the topic. Some where they compare one versus the other, or a combination of the two, often for medical treatment purposes.

Mushies are very much an emotional psychedelic.
    LSD on the other hand, a true visual extravaganza while enjoying well, damn near anything. Seeing your buddy simultaneously talk out his his 20 some different mouths encompassing his whole face is just such an interesting experience.
    Again, my favorite drug ever.

I always prefer a good clean dose or two over a stomach ache.

It would be nice if the duration was closer to psilocybin though. Lucille is a commitment. 2C-B sounds a lot like LSD that lasts half as long, I wish it was possible to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It would be nice if the duration was closer to psilocybin though. Lucille is a commitment. 2C-B sounds a lot like LSD that lasts half as long, I wish it was possible to get it.
    I guess it depends on how long and how you ingest psilocybin. And what kind. I finally was able to try penis envy for the first time relatively recently and wow what visuals. But some golden teachers for me lasted quite a long time and 7 hours later I’m still kinda fuzzy. Much more of a body and mental high. May have been the dose as you never can tell.

On the other hand I’m completely ok enjoying the visuals for 10-12 hours on that rare occasion. I find it actually quite relaxing at times during the adventure. I was very much at peace the entire evening recently, all smiles.

I’m now interested in reading about 2C-B, this is new to my eyes.

I want to try LSD. What’s the best way to acquire and then try it?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Find someone of experience you trust to try it with if you are new to the game is my first and most important advice. The rest falls into place when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Mushies are very much an emotional psychedelic.
    LSD on the other hand, a true visual extravaganza while enjoying well, damn near anything. Seeing your buddy simultaneously talk out his his 20 some different mouths encompassing his whole face is just such an interesting experience.
    Again, my favorite drug ever.

I always prefer a good clean dose or two over a stomach ache.
    Definitely a time and place for both. Two similar but different tools. But I tend to agree with your preference as well.

Re: stomach ache, have you tried lemon tek? It can help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Find someone of experience you trust to try it with if you are new to the game is my first and most important advice. The rest falls into place when the time is right.
    The opposite of that is precisely what steered me clear of all of it in the past. Back in HS, I witnessed a girl having a REALLY bad LSD trip at a party. Girl ended up permanently having some severe Tourette's like ticks after that. I always said "screw that!" after seeing that girl get fried, BUT there were some valuable lessons to be learned I'm sure. Probably like you better know and trust the source, you better do it with people who care (ie not a bunch of raucous drunk teenage idiots), and do it in a proper setting (like not at a wild party). I may have no clue as to what to do as I have no experience, but I at least kinda know what NOT to do. Haha.

Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but have any of you seen this DMT doc? Saw it a long time ago and thought it was pretty interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Visiting Vancouver anytime soon?

https://mugglehead.com/vancouver-mus...gal-grey-area/

Name:  IMG_9384.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  565.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    in June of 1990 after a string of CA Dead shows I moved to Yosemite NP with three and a half sheets of Bart Simpson I got for a buck a hit

hilarity ensued
    I think Bart Simpson tabs first showed up on the Spring '90 tour. I remember first seeing them at the Knick in Albany.

My most memorable trip didn't take place on tour, but was after I dropped just before heading to a water slide park with a 6' beauty in high school. She wasn't dosing but we had so much fun splashing through the sparkles and diamonds. Then we walked along the beach for hours stopping for me to describe my experience to her as she was fascinated by what I was seeing and feeling and my inability to express it using words. Her older brother partied plenty but not LSD and was not as cool with me hanging out with her, so we never really spent any time again together.

Cool story bro?
    crab in my shoe mouth