FS: Alpacka Wolverine Packraft

Heyo- bought this Wolverine packraft in size M with the Whitewater Deck + Cargo Fly new a few months ago. It is fucking awesome. I love it. But it is also a little small for me. I'm hoping to sell it (for about what I bought, a little less) so I can get the large. For real, this is the most fun river item I've ever owned. It rocks. Let me know if you're interested. $1570. It's only been used a few times and still the latest model. Perfect condition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64841276560__3319ECBB-CE8B-4428-B29E-ED19360877C2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	395734  

Super interested. Out of curiosity, what is your sit length/inseam/height?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

actually sorry, I'm out. thought your price was $500 and change, not $1500

gotta keep focused on the coffee roaster

Hahah yeah, sorry. I wish, but these things are pricey. Alpacka hand makes em in Mancos. I paid 1675 for it new a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by colonel_forbin View Post
    Hahah yeah, sorry. I wish, but these things are pricey. Alpacka hand makes em in Mancos. I paid 1675 for it new a few months ago.
    wow nearly a $100 discount for a used item, very generous of you.

no offense jong but this isn't the place for you to make top dollar for your used packraft. the purpose of the gear swap is to hook mags up, not make your money back because you got the wrong size.

also we price police the fuck outta people who come in here just to use the gear swap room. it's just not what this place is about.

so, I'll start the bidding, $570?

I mean they tend to have a long lead times and they hold their value well. I don't think it's all that terrible, and he's honest about it.

What is your height and leg length? This could be a good gift.

Not tryna rip anyone off or make money on something I bought. I know how the forums work. But I do appreciate the lesson.

I bought this over the summer, it was used less than 5 times and I realized it’s the wrong size. Definitely my bad, but unfortunately, you can’t return rafts. So I’m just trying to see if anyone is interested in an item that is essentially new (just like selling minty skis) so I can try to right my sizing wrong.

If not, totally cool. But again, I don’t think I’m using the gear swap in any egregious way and certainly not trying to start any fights. Just praying for snow over here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I mean they tend to have a long lead times and they hold their value well. I don't think it's all that terrible, and he's honest about it.

What is your height and leg length? This could be a good gift.
    I’m about 5’11. Leg length is 44 inches. I think there’s a sizing chart on Alpacka’s site for their different fits.

I have some knee issues and was hoping I could squeeze into the m. When I ordered it in the spring, it was the first one I could get before October with their production times..

I’m going to chime in here in support of the seller. I looked for a used packraft for a while this year; I finally found one for a similar amount of $. the lead times for a new one are quite long; if it’s the right size for you I don’t think its a bad deal. The boat looks minty, seller is honest about what he paid. Small volume American made adventure equipment is spendy!.

Gravity always wins...

Like most warranties, the Alpacka warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferrable. Maybe a small company like these guys would make an exception, maybe not, but that alone is a reason why IMO a used 5 times one is a lot different than a new one.

Ah good point

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Like most warranties, the Alpacka warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferrable. Maybe a small company like these guys would make an exception, maybe not, but that alone is a reason why IMO a used 5 times one is a lot different than a new one.

This was my whole take. You lose quite a bit more than a few beauty marks when buying used. I was being tongue-and-cheek about my $570 offer, but still. No warranty is concerning.

Who needs a warranty? Just repair your fucking pack raft with aqua seal.

But yah I’ll pile on and say Gear Swap isn’t the place to be asking 94% of MSRP for used gear.