Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    There's a VW Golf parked on the street up the road from here, it's been there over a year but it's parked legally and the registration is current so nobody will do anything about it. I'm hoping to get some ideas here.
    Hide some fish or other tasty meat products all over/in it, so that it becomes an epic battleground between the local raccoons, seagulls, and rats. Public nuisance = impoundment, maybe?

Which happens first, single gets a new Jeep or it snows in CO?
    There's a VW Golf parked on the street up the road from here, it's been there over a year but it's parked legally and the registration is current so nobody will do anything about it. I'm hoping to get some ideas here.
    Tourist attraction? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211206-202418.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	395663

I’m more surprised altasnob hasn’t chimed in

Post it on Craigslist for $1500 as missing title/keys car and go get some lap dances with your take.

Oh and I forgot to mention there is a breathalyzer in the Jeep. The stereo has already been stolen.

I’m no keep expert but isn’t Fox suspension pretty expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wait til Dirty Mike and the boys find about out this jeep

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Oh and I forgot to mention there is a breathalyzer in the Jeep. The stereo has already been stolen.
    Mystery solved. Dude’s in jail for his 5th DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Owners probably in the joint

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Mystery solved. Dude’s in jail for his 5th DUI.
    Yup.

Drag it to a spot that is illegal?

Really? I thought most civilized areas have 72-hour laws for parking in a (otherwise unrestricted) public space. Sure, if everybody knows that's Old Joe's truck, nobody's going to call it in, but I've certainly seen cars with official "hi it's getting towed soon" stickers slapped on the windshield.

Pretty much everything is run by the towns in this state and there's not a specific bylaw like that in this town. Historically it's always just been a bunch of farmers and fishermen here and they have a strong "leave us alone" mentality, so there's not a lot of meddling laws, which is both good and sometimes, bad.

Like there's an old farm field next door that was being overtaken by super-invasive Japanese Knotweed which was also trying to take over our yard and a couple other neighbors' yards. I couldn't get the field owners interested in dealing with it and the town wouldn't do anything so we were kind of stuck. Finally me and two other neighbors offered to do and pay for all the work and now it's getting dealt with.

One way to look at it is the owners should have been forced to deal with the nuisance. The other way is it wasn't bothering the people whose land it is so the people who it was bothering had to pay up to deal with the problem. Depends on how you see it I guess.

I'd like to offer up another suggestion. I think the general idea currently is to take pictures of the object ( in this case the Jeep), sell them as NFT's to Bitcoin holders, and then light the object on fire.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

https://law.justia.com/codes/colorad...cle-4/part-18/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Definitely a DUI. Guy got pulled over and nicked for DUI at that spot, probably owes on the rig, decided to not have someone come pick it up because it’s not worth making payments while he’s in jail.

I’d guess there’s multiple lines on it. Likely the used car dealership can’t find it to repo it.

Pretty much everything is run by the towns in this state and there's not a specific bylaw like that in this town. Historically it's always just been a bunch of farmers and fishermen here and they have a strong "leave us alone" mentality, so there's not a lot of meddling laws, which is both good and sometimes, bad.

Like there's an old farm field next door that was being overtaken by super-invasive Japanese Knotweed which was also trying to take over our yard and a couple other neighbors' yards. I couldn't get the field owners interested in dealing with it and the town wouldn't do anything so we were kind of stuck. Finally me and two other neighbors offered to do and pay for all the work and now it's getting dealt with.

One way to look at it is the owners should have been forced to deal with the nuisance. The other way is it wasn't bothering the people whose land it is so the people who it was bothering had to pay up to deal with the problem. Depends on how you see it I guess.
    Have you considered an HOA?

I think the point we're all skirting around is that there is a sweet Jeep just sitting there doing nobody any good.

What about planting Japanese Knotweed around it and turning it into the centerpiece of an invasive species garden?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    At least get the VIN and run it by Bobby.
    how was this not obvious from the beginning?

You could probably “claim” the Jeep, but I think the police might consider it auto theft.

Around here, if you don’t have a title (or the means to get a replacement title) you can’t even take a car to a scrap yard.

Drag it to your driveway. Let it sit for a month or two. Go to DMV and tell them there is this jeep parked in your yard and you want to claim a storage lien. Get owner info and lien info. Look up how to claim a storage lien, advertise and send notices, conduct a sale, buy it at the sale for the lien. Debt on vehicle extinguished. Apply for a storage title, BOOM.

Anyway, that is how you would do it down south.

BTW, that is how folks with salvage titles on vehicles can get a clean title too.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Stick a flag in it, loudly state that in the name of his majesty King Felipe the Fourth you claim this vehicle for Spain, and you're done.

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition.
    simple is on the west slope so I think he just tows it to his driveway and hangs a don't tread on me flag from it and draws a title in crayon and he's done.

Drag it over to the shoulder near exit 28 on the Merritt Pkwy. It will be towed within the hour.

Well, we could take it to Harrys Island and tear a new race track there during the winter?

Harry could then keep what is left of it in the spring. Win/Win?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.