The <$200 dirtbag classic dream quiver thread.

Being a confirmed dirtbag, and not having much $ this last couple of years, I've found myself selling most of my contemporary (read more valuable) skis to to build out my touring quiver. This has left me with an interesting array of TGR style classic skis from yesteryear in the primary inbounds quiver slots. Stopping and thinking about it I'm not entirely convinced that I'm giving up too much to some of todays boards. In fact, I'm coming to embrace the whole concept. Don't believe I've payed more than $200 for any of these and much less in some cases. Being somewhat handy with various epoxies can be really useful! So, it looks like this year I will be doing lift served battle on a day to day basis with some old favorites that include:
    * Two pair of Bibby 190's, 10/11's and 12/13's
    * 2014 Stockli SR95 192's
    * 2013 Nordica Hell & Back 98 185's (This is one that never got the attention it deserved)

Others that I have loved and lost...and want to re-love again include Lhasa 191's and 196's, 08/09 Katana 190's, OG Cochise 185's, Liberty Variant 113 193, etc. Anyone else with a similar strategy? What you got? Which am I overlooking and need to get and can be had for less than $200?

a ten year old pair of goats could work in that quiver and budget. fun, softer, but not too soft.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

191cm Movement Goliath tops my dirtbag quiver along with my 192cm Black Diamond Zealot. Head Monsters never get old either.

I’d like to try a 190cm Salomon Q-Lab sometime.

I have some 183 OG Gotamas/fritsche I’d be willing to part with.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've got a few cheap pairs I'm psyched to mount up (and tune) this season:

Line Influence (free)
    OG Brahmas ($100)
    Moment Belafonte ($150)
    Last edited by ntblanks; 12-06-2021 at 06:26 PM.

2x pair of 189 Jimmy Hendrix Icelantic Keepers. Bought first pair for $200 and acquired 2nd through a trade for a pair of too large touring pants.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Not all who wander are lost"

The &lt;$200 dirtbag classic dream quiver thread.

191 voile chargers for free off this here 4um, voile drifters from a blemish sale a brazillian years ago paid 125, 191 on3p billy goats I cajoled off off oldschool1080s for 200, older 191 gotamas for free after I dialed the number from a ksl add and it was my buddy Captn Greels and my kid rocks 186? Lhasa Pows from SkiFishBum for a steal. All dirtbag allthetime

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I got some Volkl Ones for 200CAD that I really like. Exactly the same as the newer Bash 116

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Right now on Facebook marketplace for Reno NV there is a pair of 190 Explosivs, wizards, for $20.

Someone go grab those!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    I got some Volkl Ones for 200CAD that I really like. Exactly the same as the newer Bash 116

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Super fun ski, and now a little og love it

Forgot to mention a pair of Liberty Helix 190's that I enjoyed immensely in tight places.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    ...All dirtbag allthetime
    This ^^^
    A fun thread idea, but I'm kinda shocked the OP didn't realize this much earlier, given his 2011 join date here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    ...Anyone else with a similar strategy? What you got? Which am I overlooking and need to get and can be had for less than $200?
    The options are endless in the USA used market. Maybe get some ideas by reading thru The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread. Read a little bit of that every day and you'll eventually get thru the whole thing. No rush---buying old skis is a slow longterm play.

Basically, hope you like skis that other people don't want so much anymore. If you put in the time to search, and if you have patience (easy when you already have a quiver to ski on), and if you're a DIY guy to fix the damage and mount your own skis, and if you can handle skis that most other skiers don't like so much (old-ass skis, long-ass skis, stiff-ass skis, heavy-ass skis, etc), and if you are good at evaluating when "drilled 3x" is "still safe enough" (like a solidly constructed PowderPlus, etc.)---then you can buy a lot of skis for <=$200 each.

For now, depending on your personal tastes, you might like some of these ideas:
    - old LP's/XXL's & Monsters/m103's have a classic burly feel
    - old Praxis Powderboards/Protests have a special feel
    - old Hellbents have a unique playful feel (big guys do just fine on the "179" which actually measures 184cm---the "189" is so huge that it loses its playfulness, so what's the point of the "189"?)
    - Flexon Tankers have an elite ratio of damp-per-weight (not unlike Stockli's), if that sounds like something you'd like to try.
    - old O.G. Blizzard Spurs are fun
    - old fat rocker-tails like Bentchetlers, Sally Rocker2 122, ObSETH'd might be found for $200 if they're scratched up or drilled a bunch of times.
    - Old white Squad7 is fun, but shorter than the claimed "190"
    - old O.G. Bodacious should ski well even if scratched up badly
    - Big Dumps are dirt cheap because they're too burly for most people
    - many, many more options

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Elan Boomerang (the flat version, not the TBT ones)
    Head A Star
    4Frnt Devestator

For this season, I've got:

- 188cm Carbon Megawatts, $250 here
    - 188cm Converts, $70 KSL find
    - 191cm Goliaths, $100 here
    - 185cm Amps, $200 (or so) on eBay last season

I know BDs don't get a lot of love, but they are noodles and fun to tele on the local hill. I have absolutely no use/excuse for the Megas this year, but they are beautiful skis.

My list of cheap skis to try are Gunsmokes, Peacemakers, Kabookies, Scouts, Helixes/Double Helixes, 'toons, and Shreditor 102/112s... and Cham 97s.

Thomas
    My Praxis Woo2 are still available 😉

Schmoo,

As it sits I've spent so fucking much $ on my wife's touring gear that I aint got any to spare at the moment. That said, I haven't forgotten about them. Have my trusty, beat old bmt 109's in that spot but I'm always on the lookout for new experiences. In the meantime it looks like I'm going to battle this year with my dirtbag army!

Duly noted. 😎
    Just sayin'