Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Nice! Hope it comes thru for you. The Optic I ordered last fall ended up getting delivered mid summer, but that was two months after the shop had been told it wasn’t going to come at all and refunded my deposit, and a month after I’d bought a used Optic instead….

Very different bike than the Range, but I love my Optic.
    Right on. I've never owned a Norco before, but they've been making some cool looking bikes for a while now. They're just not at all common around me.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Right on. I've never owned a Norco before, but they've been making some cool looking bikes for a while now. They're just not at all common around me.
    I sold Norco’s for eight years back in the day, and they were decent bikes, but I never wanted one myself. A friend worked at Norco as a designer for several years after that, but still never one I wanted myself. Then a year after I’ve lost any industry connections they come out with the new Sight and Optic and I finally want a Norco. Go figure.

There was apparently a big push to up their game a few years ago, and it appears to be paying off on the product side (No idea how revenue is)

My Starling Murmur does everything I want it to.

The Tracer 279 is out. 170/170 29/27.5 mullet (mixed, staggered, whatevs) with their redone linkage and geo, 64.5 head angle, 78* seat angle, 437mm chainstay, 349mm BB height, and 8.25lbs measured with a DHX2 and coil.
    (all numbers for high config)

I'm tempted just to buy that.

If I want to go full 29er, my other options are Slash, Enduro, or Spire... options options options

I do suffer from the tendency to be between sizes. I'm on a large Tracer 275, but the large 279 seems even larger... same with a Spire. I'd need an S3 or ML for the Enduro or Slash.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The Tracer 279 is out. 170/170 29/27.5 mullet (mixed, staggered, whatevs) with their redone linkage and geo, 64.5 head angle, 78* seat angle, 437mm chainstay, 349mm BB height, and 8.25lbs measured with a DHX2 and coil.
    (all numbers for high config)

I'm tempted just to buy that.

If I want to go full 29er, my other options are Slash, Enduro, or Spire... options options options

I do suffer from the tendency to be between sizes. I'm on a large Tracer 275, but the large 279 seems even larger... same with a Spire. I'd need an S3 or ML for the Enduro or Slash.
    $5500 (plus tax) for a bike with a throw-away NX drivetrain and not much else in the way of build spec. That's just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    $5500 (plus tax) for a bike with a throw-away NX drivetrain and not much else in the way of build spec. That's just crazy.
    Yea... I figured I'd move the drivetrain over to my current bike to sell... but now I've reached the conclusion that there is basically nothing on their basic build I'd want to keep, not even the boat anchor wheels or the fork. I'd want something like an Onyx D1, not a basic model Grip1 Fox38 for the same weight. I love DVO forks. I'm not even sure I want their high end build. Maybe I just wait and order a frame?

I am going to call them and find out what the leverage curve is because I want to know if I can have a fun time with an air shock. And ask them about frame sizing...

ETA Intense says I should definitely size back down to a medium and that air shocks work fine, leverage is linear
    Last edited by Summit; 04-05-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Orbea Rallon would fit the bill. 170/170 on 29ers. Climbs decent, decends like a beast. My first ride on mine was on a trail I've ridden many times. It was so much smoother than my Giant Reign, when I got home and looked at strava it was also way faster.

Going to check out a Spire today! If it fits, I'll buy it. It's a medium... vs my L Tracer, same reach, stack +15mm, ETT -45mm, will have to see how it feels.

63 HTA is so fucking slack... would be funny to add an angle set to steepen it!