Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Dang, curious to hear what boots those of you with 11-11.5 shoe size are wearing that you can fit your foot in a 26.5 shell… In fact, I’d like to see you get your foot in a pair of 27.5 Langes. I just don’t see it hap’nin.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    The bootfitter had something like a spacer on a stick he put down the boot. He pulled it out and showed me and said the space that was there should be half as much -- I'm estimating it was about a half inch.
    Fitter is right. Your boots are too big. Back to the drawing board.

I bought the wrong size boots and don't want to believe my bootfitter, plz halp

Were you in a pool before the visit to the boot fitter?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Were you in a pool before the visit to the boot fitter?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Dang, curious to hear what boots those of you with 11-11.5 shoe size are wearing that you can fit your foot in a 26.5 shell… In fact, I’d like to see you get your foot in a pair of 27.5 Langes. I just don’t see it hap’nin.

I wear 10-10.5 shoe. 26.5 Langes. I'd say that is pretty standard. I could fit in a medium volume Lange 25.5 with a punch for length.

What’s the width and volume of the shell fit like?

He’s a boot fitter, of course he’s wack!

But if you’ve used him before, with good results and you trust his judgement, then go for it.

Worst case, you wear the boots and they pack out really fast and your swimming.
    Maybe have to deal with a remount.

Jummo’s the boot whisperer.

It’s just standard TGR dick measuring…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    My feet are bigger than yours(12.5/13)
    My ski boots are smaller than yours(28.5). If that tells you anything
    I am the same as Tuco- 12.5 street shoe and 28.5/29.0 Scarpa Tx Comp. If you are a meadow skipper, you might get away with a HV intuition and some extra padding. Getting correct shell size = Your toes will thank you.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

10.5-11 and I'm in 26.5/27.0 Scarpa Maestrale RS2s. When I had the OG Maestrale I needed a punch for width on the inside of my foot but no bootwork on the RS2. I had an easier time wrassling my foot into the OGs but can get into the 2s without swearing.

I'm a 10.5-11 and I'm in a 28 ZGPT. I couldn't even get my foot into a 26. 27 felt like my head was gonna explode. Guessing you can make that level of downsizing work with punches and a cooked liner, but I'm touring 100% and do not need that level of "performance".

easiest way to figure out (roughly) what size boots you need is to trace your foot on a piece of paper and measure it in CM.

Put the paper against the wall. put your heel against the wall, on top of the paper. Mark where your toes are, and measure how far they are to the edge of the paper.

Round down for a performance alpine fit.
    Round up for a touring or comfort fit.

I am an 11.5 in most nike/adidas/salomon (running) shoes.
    One foot measures 27.8cm and the other is 28.0

I ski in alpine 27.5 (nordica) and tour in a 28.5 (dynafit)

Also... ski boot liner lastings are very frequently 100% wack. ie they are short stitched and needlessly narrow aka don't match the lasting of the shell, so it is possible to miss a shell that matches your foot shape well due to a sub-standard liner.
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 12-01-2021 at 06:50 PM.

12.5/13 and ski a 28.5 Salomon or roxa all day with minimal or no boot work.

Pressure on instep doesn’t mean the shell is the right size/too small…may just mean not the right shell for your foot fwiw.

Haven't scanned my foot, but I've been a 11-11.5/44-45 for the last 20+ years. I have a relatively average to smaller volume foot, weird heel from Haglund's deformity and long/mashable toes. I have no formal ski or racing background but I've liked tight shoes since I was a kid. I ski/skied these boots with heat molding, no other work:

- 2017 Hawx Ultra 130s 26.5 - current alpine
    - 2014 RX130 26.5 - old alpine
    - 2014 Dynafit Mercury 27.0 - current touring
    - 2010 Dynafit Titan 26.5 - old touring, was not long enough
    - 2018 Nordica (Promachine?) 26.5 rented while travelling

This is one of the weirder dick measuring contests I’ve seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Anyone who buys a ski boot based on street shoe size and/or a conversion chart is wack.

A digital scan is a decent place to start, both for length and other factors like width and instep height. Shell fit is hard to argue with if done correctly.

I'm wondering how loose some of you like your street shoes, if you wear an 11 shoe but ski in a 26.5 boot.

I almost always wear a 10.5 shoe, and 27.5 boot. Can't even fit my foot into a 26.5 shell without toes curled up and just being jammed in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm wondering how loose some of you like your street shoes, if you wear an 11 shoe but ski in a 26.5 boot.

I almost always wear a 10.5 shoe, and 27.5 boot. Can't even fit my foot into a 26.5 shell without toes curled up and just being jammed in there.
    That’s what I’m sayin!

I just went through the process of buying new boots and tried on a shit ton, all of them solely alpine for the resort.

I wear 10/10.5 street shoes. Right foot measured between 27.5-28cm, left between 28-28.5 when standing on one of those foot measuring thingys. Literally couldn’t get my foot into a 26.5 Lange RS. In other 26.5 boots across different makes my toes were crunched. Ended up in 27.5 LV RX that feels like it was made for my fucked up feet.

Agreed, this conversation is one of the weirder ones I’ve participated in here.

Street shoe is irrelevant.
    measure the length of your foot in cm.
    literally this is what the shell size means.

if you need and want to down size, great
    if you need and want to round up, also great

I think a lot of guys on here are wearing bigger shoes than they need to. Maybe trying to impress the ladies at the club? Does wearing bigger boots on the hill have the same effect?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Does wearing bigger boots on the hill have the same effect?
    It seems to be the opposite. Ladies are on the hunt for a dude in excruciatingly tiny boots with a “TGRfit” boot fitter sticker on them

Performance in the feet means performance in the sheets

Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    It seems to be the opposite. Ladies are on the hunt for a dude in excruciatingly tiny boots with a “TGRfit” boot fitter sticker on them

When you force all the blood out of your feet, it has to go somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post

We need “TGR Certified Bootfitter” stickers…

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    size 11 or 11.5 shoes (depends on shoes)

skiing a 27.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    same here
    Same.

The first page here is gold. Need to bookmark and send to all the jongs and beaters I know skiing in sloppy boots.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk