Resort Overnight Parking and General Beta - Red Mountain, Whitewater, Schweitzer

Tentatively planning a Schweitzer, Red Mountain, Whitewater trip this winter. I saw Schweitzer and Whitewater allow overnight parking for a fee but couldn’t come up with much regarding Red Mountain. Any info on Red Mountain overnight parking?

Also any recommendations on food, alternative resorts, and potentially guiding services are appreciated. Would love to get some touring in but don’t have any contacts in the area so might opt for a guide to get the lay of the land for a couple days.

Thanks in advance for any information, cheers!

just pull over and go to sleep. try not to pay for shit. i'm in my 5th winter in a van full time never paid to stay anywhere.

ski on!

Thanks, worse comes to worst I can definitely do that. I'll be traveling solo so I thought parking at the resort would maybe facilitate meeting some folks and finding some partners while visiting.

Schweitzer is easy, park by the fire station at the roundabout. Last year they weren't charging.

What date is your trip? I might be able to show you around Schweitzer a bit if you promise to not move here.

I'd ski 49 Degrees North if they're getting snow, its sorta in your loop depending on your direction of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'd ski 49 Degrees North if they're getting snow, its sorta in your loop depending on your direction of travel.
    And they have paid overnight parking.

The last time I was at Red and WW was about 3 years ago; Red was free overnight parking, Whitewater was $25CAD or $40CAD for a 15amp plug-in.

An option near whitewater if you want to get inside and have a shower
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Columbia.html

Not elegant, but there’s a Walmart near Schweitzer I have spent a night in

On October 28 I confirmed with Red that they will allow parking in the lower lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The last time I was at Red and WW was about 3 years ago; Red was free overnight parking, Whitewater was $25CAD or $40CAD for a 15amp plug-in.
    Looks like no more plug-in option?

https://skiwhitewater.com/accommodat...at-whitewater/

Fernie, Kimberley, Turner?
    Resort lots? Bring your earplugs in case u park in the wrong lot. Park in the correct lot or the plow will get extra close & beep like hell for a while. It’s lights are bright yellow & disco-y. Just show up at night & when u step out of ur van am, they’ll hunt u down to pay or not. Or just park in town.

Good food to be had idk specifics. All towns seem to have good brewery & coffee & other eats. Had some delicious late night pirogies from a food truck somewhere downtown Fernie. The legion was the place to be.
    Find local rec center for bathing/pool/sauna/steam/hot tubs or hot springs
    YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A completely useless post

been a couple of years but the last time i was at fernie you paid to park in an outer lot but there was a heated shop you could go in and it had free hot showers

i nite skied at salmo once and it was the funniest nite skiing I've ever had

there's also a tbar at a community hill in elkford that was a blast