2 Piece Bindings for AT Boots?

OK, I've kinda been out of the loop about simple two-piece alpine bindings that work with AT boots.

I've been mostly skiing backcountry for the past 4 years, but am looking to put together a fairly lightweight area rig that'll work w/my AT boots (Scott Cosmos-3s). I've already got a few pairs of tech bindings and one pair of older Marker F12s and some Dukes, but want a lighter set up for area skiing.

Can anyone out there give me a brief tutorial on this?

Two piece, as in not frame bindings?

Bindings that work:

Salomon Warden MNC
    Salomon STH2 MNC (new this year — older STH2s are no go)
    Tyrolia Attack 14 AT (the AT is the key part — GW versions don't work)
    Various Marker bindings with Sole ID branding (Jester and Griffon, primarily)

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Two piece, as in not frame bindings?

Bindings that work:

Salomon Warden MNC
    Salomon STH2 MNC (new this year — older STH2s are no go)
    Tyrolia Attack 14 AT (the AT is the key part — GW versions don't work)
    Various Marker bindings with Sole ID branding (Jester and Griffon, primarily)
    FYI, the AT boot compatible Tyrolia Attacks are now called Attack 14MN, for multi-norm. Way better than the old nomenclature, which I’m told stood for “adjustable toe”

If you're a lighter person and don't mach around, the best weight factor to performance might be the Marker Squires. I've skied them on Bluehouse Maestro's, DPS Lotus 120's, and Atomic Vantage cti with never a twitch or pre-release. Reasons for choosing; low cost, reliability, they're light, and easier to shoulder them when we booted up stuff. If you don't like plastic housings probably not what you're looking for.

Or there is the duke pt and the Salomon shi(f)t too. They will both work and still tour.

I got a couple pair of Barons ( plastic version of the Duke, probably > the F12) on a lotus 120 and a cochise which are a frame binding, they are designed to take an AT or alpine boot, they will tour and at 160lbs I have had no problems

working at ski races you will see people cram AT boots into alpine bindings but I wouldn't do it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Isn't the Tour F10 just the Squire on a frame? Squire DIN goes to 10. I ski at 7 so would be totally comfortable skiing those but I'm old and don't jump off of stuff intentionally. If you get the Squire, just make sure you get the Sole ID version to work with AT boots.

Griffon/Baron has more metal (in the heel) and weighs more. Duke is like a Jester on a frame (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    Can anyone out there give me a brief tutorial on this?
    Two-piece is a term best reserved for bathing suits.

Alpine bindings that will work with ISO 9523 touring soles: Any Salomon/Atomic/Armada binding that says "MNC", any Marker binding that says "ID" or "SoleID", any Tyrolia binding that says "AT" or "MN" . . .