Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Shoulda locked that shit up. I hope you get the other one back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Shoulda locked that shit up. I hope you get the other one back.
    Too complacent. Got a cable lock and ski lock I'll carry around now for when I bike in to do trailwork and will lock them up no matter how deep into the forest I go or how well I think they're hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Too complacent. Got a cable lock and ski lock I'll carry around now for when I bike in to do trailwork and will lock them up no matter how deep into the forest I go or how well I think they're hidden.
    I've often thought about becoming a priest...wait wrong thread. I've often thought about locking my bike whilst trailbuilding, but I guess I'm just naive thinking who would steal my bike in the middle of the woods when I'm not that far away. Clearly it can happen. But what an asshole!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I've often thought about becoming a priest...wait wrong thread. I've often thought about locking my bike whilst trailbuilding, but I guess I'm just naive thinking who would steal my bike in the middle of the woods when I'm not that far away. Clearly it can happen. But what an asshole!
    Guy who stole it was another trailbuilder. He knew the area. Must have been hiking around; seen two ti bikes and helped himself.

He was fired from the trail association a ways back and stole tools (chainsaw etc). Also got into yelling matches with hikers, with other people in the association; tried to fight other trailbuilders. Generally not that stable but people just turned a blind eye. But stealing bikes is a new low for him.

Not going to stop me from hiking or doing trailwork but moreso a lesson learned I suppose.

I'm betting all the long time shore people know about this ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Lee Lau's story has shaken me a bit. I probably set my bike on a tree and make my way into the woods 2-3 times per week. Weather watching a sun rise or finding a private spot to bury my waste, I would never have thought about locking the bike. It really sucks we live in a world where we can't do that.

Lee Lau, I'm glad you got one bike back and hope the second turns up. I hope they catch the guy red handed at some point. I've had people smash and grab in my drive way twice over the last 15 years. I found that a violation. If they took something as personal as my bike, I would be next level.

The recent articles showing bikes from Denver being funneled to the Juarez flea markets showed how bad and systematic this is. I guess with more value in my garage in bikes than vehicles it makes sense that someone has organized the junkies in moving this stuff.

It really sucks.

West/ North Van and the whole Narth shore is one of the richest zip codes in Canada

I am willing to bet their indigents are better dressed than your indigents and besides the perp was a known sociopath/ mtn biker not a junkie

I had a CCM stolen when I was 10 so I tend to lock my bikes ...its always a good idea
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-30-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know