Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    It was well hidden a ways off the trail. We'd never have found it. Shar and I had to fish it out of the stump piece by piece. It'd been there for a while.
    confused by that, who found it?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    confused by that, who found it?
    We found it using the anon emailed location; emailed presumably from the thief. I meant to say... We'd never have found it without the location. Edited what I typed above
    Last edited by LeeLau; 12-20-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Just seeing this now...wtf!

Sure is a lot of intrigue and drama in Canada. There's the gondola cable cutter, the Kimberley anti-vax arsonist, last year's poo-on-the-car-at-the-trailhead incident, and now stolen bikes being hidden inside hollow trees. Am I missing anything? You guys live exciting lives up there, I'm jealous.

Hope you get the other frame back.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sure is a lot of intrigue and drama in Canada. There's the gondola cable cutter, the Kimberley anti-vax arsonist, last year's poo-on-the-car-at-the-trailhead incident, and now stolen bikes being hidden inside hollow trees. Am I missing anything? You guys live exciting lives up there, I'm jealous.

Hope you get the other frame back.
    ha. Like any other place in the world we have people with mental issues. This particular guy who stole the bike is that kind of case. He's stolen tools before and generally stirred up all sorts of bad vibes. But he's never stolen bikes to this point. Hope that we're the last victims. Even his friends are like wtf did you do?.

The Kimberly anti-vax arsonist is really bad stuff. So was the gondi cable cutter. Both could have killed people.

Stolen Ti Hardtails

so glad you recovered one!
    What are the clues for finding the other one?
    and was it your bike or Sharon’s that you’ve recovered?
    Will cross fingers for the other one
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    so glad you recovered one!
    What are the clues for finding the other one?
    and was it your bike or Sharon’s that you’ve recovered?
    Will cross fingers for the other one
    thx babybear! We've had so much support from people it's pretty cool.

We 've got vague directions for my Cove ti hardtail. It'll have spent 3+ weeks out so the parts will be rough but ti frames are forever so keep looking I guess. Could be a spoof set of directions as the thief who stole it is that kind of person who'd do that just to mess with us.

Sharon's bike (the anniversary bike) was the one recovered.

well at least you still have each other !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Crime Spree

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	443FF66E-9327-4074-B392-62A484226ADB.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	397643
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/25/10592...of-maple-syrup

Didn't know they had such deep liquidity.

The Canadian group Quebec Maple Syrup Producers recently announced it was releasing about 50 million pounds of its strategic maple syrup reserves — about half of the total stockpile.
    I wonder what other strategic reserves they have?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Name:	029485DD-4EB4-4590-959C-7E1A29ACF2DC.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	397649
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoshred View Post
    IT’S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

Finally the biggest troll douche bag gets some karma and has bit him in the ass 
    Believe it or not there are people in the Sea2Sky community that do not like Lee.
    He is quite infamous for many reasons.
    Nobody should wish a stolen bike on anyone, but asking for Karma is not out of line.

Glad you at least got one frame back Lee. This thief sounds like a real piece of work. Trailbuilder/bike thief is a rare combo I would think.

Sounds like your restraint was warranted given this guy’s instability. Still not easy to do when someone messes with you and you know who they are and where they live.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    Believe it or not there are people in the Sea2Sky community that do not like Lee.
    Nobody should wish a stolen bike on anyone, but asking for Karma is not out of line.
    I'm very opinionated on many fronts but especially about biking and skiing. And very abrasive to those I view as misinformed, especially on the topic of trails and advocacy I'll admit to all of that and totally agree that many in the Sea to Sky don't appreciate my approach.

However nothing excuses stolen bikes.

Benny.... still looking. Ground is frozen so easier to get a bit closer to creeks where we think the other frame + parts may have been dumped. Thief is still ripping down Stolen Bikes sign so is still around the neighbourhood. Goal remains to keep maintaining heat so the last frame + parts hopefully won't get fenced

Name:	20211220_115221.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	397699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211220_114656.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	397700

Who let all these chickenshits in here who have to hide behind an alt to fling shit? Good thing the block button is so handy. Lee, hope you get your other bike back.

I'm an abrassive ass

I'm a bit of an agro ass. I always regret it, but tend to step on the gas rather than the brake when faced with adversity or confrontation. I've caused confrontations on trails and in ski lines. Does that make it okay for people to steal from me? Does it make it okay to steal a bike while I'm working on the trails you ride on? Should any of us not feel safe walking into the woods for a few minutes and leaving our bike leaning on a tree next to the trail?

There are so many screwed up things about what happened here to take it beyond the standard stolen bike.

The crazy thing about Karma, is it can bite us all. Having $10K in bikes stolen is just wrong. If the dude who did it has a personal beef with him, he still belongs in jail. Even if they are takin from an ass like me.

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Canada1; 12-21-2021 at 11:53 AM.

at least Lee doesn't shy away from owning his opinions and perspectives, which is more than you can say for the anonymous trolls.

thx babybear! We've had so much support from people it's pretty cool.

We 've got vague directions for my Cove ti hardtail. It'll have spent 3+ weeks out so the parts will be rough but ti frames are forever so keep looking I guess. Could be a spoof set of directions as the thief who stole it is that kind of person who'd do that just to mess with us.

Sharon's bike (the anniversary bike) was the one recovered.
    Yeah, we need one more clue and this can be a true crime podcast.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    at least Lee doesn't shy away from owning his opinions and perspectives, which is more than you can say for the anonymous trolls.
    Yeah, funny how they're all high and mighty but hide behind anonymity. Must be tough living as a cowardly little punk your whole life.

Thief is still ripping down Stolen Bikes sign so is still around the neighbourhood.
    Has anybody considered a game camera at the location of the stolen bike signs? The Arlo camera is battery powered and even has a cellular card in it if you want to go that route. Heck, I've got an extra Arlo base station and a few cameras (not cellular) that I'd be happy to serve your way if it would help.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

what would karma say about posting shit and excusing "asking for karma" in the form of stolen bikes (because yeah, that's what you did even while saying you weren't) behind a weak-ass pseudonym? You're willing to take shots at Lee but only if nobody knows that it's you taking shots at him? Karma would seem to have a lot to say about that, I'm thinking.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

WTF is does Karma have to do with it ? There is no valid reason for stealing or doing violence on people which apparently the perp has done the guy is a criminal. Everything about riding and your mtn bike started on the NS, this thief-sociopath is terrorizing THE birthplace of freeride mtn biking, he needs to be stopped, Lee has taken what looks to be a systematic approach to catching the perp and I'm hoping the RCMP are lucky following this file to the end and the bad guy gets caught

Talk about posting shit Lee acused me of being the worlds laziest AZN
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-22-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    what would karma say about posting shit and excusing "asking for karma" in the form of stolen bikes (because yeah, that's what you did even while saying you weren't) behind a weak-ass pseudonym? You're willing to take shots at Lee but only if nobody knows that it's you taking shots at him? Karma would seem to have a lot to say about that, I'm thinking.
    Eh, it's just like any other growing community - there's always a few gatekeeping fucksticks who think they're "righteous" for snubbing/degrading newer folks as they aren't "part of the core" when in fact they're the ones left behind by the evolution and are just salty about it. No limit to the amount of destructive actions people justify with that attitude the world over from places like small towns to athlete communities. It always starts with them getting free passes on things with "they didn't mean anything bad by it" and they just keep escalating while no one wants to deal with them or ostracize them as they've always been there, but in reality they're only going to get worse unless they get a "shape up or ship out" message.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Eh, it's just like any other growing community - there's always a few gatekeeping fucksticks who think they're "righteous" for snubbing/degrading newer folks as they aren't "part of the core" when in fact they're the ones left behind by the evolution and are just salty about it. No limit to the amount of destructive actions people justify with that attitude the world over from places like small towns to athlete communities. It always starts with them getting free passes on things with "they didn't mean anything bad by it" and they just keep escalating while no one wants to deal with them or ostracize them as they've always been there, but in reality they're only going to get worse unless they get a "shape up or ship out" message.
    Pseudonym is more likely a new person to Whistler or Pemberton. I'm sure you're all familiar with that trope ie I've moved to Boulder; nobody else move to Boulder. It's very bizarre and very hypocritical

I almost certainly know him. But while I have no issue stating that my case that me being in Whistler since 2003 doesn't make me better (and I know I get grief for that), Pseudo will never be brave enough to do anything but gripe/moan anonymously.

It's a small person, small mindset way of thinking.

My friend Geoff also had 2 bikes stolen from his place. Double locked. His own secure storage not visible from outside. Someone in North Van is targeting pros or anyone with nice bikes.

Pseudonym is more likely a new person to Whistler or Pemberton. I'm sure you're all familiar with that trope ie I've moved to Boulder; nobody else move to Boulder. It's very bizarre and very hypocritical

I almost certainly know him. But while I have no issue stating that my case that me being in Whistler since 2003 doesn't make me better (and I know I get grief for that), Pseudo will never be brave enough to do anything but gripe/moan anonymously.

It's a small person, small mindset way of thinking.

My friend Geoff also had 2 bikes stolen from his place. Double locked. His own secure storage not visible from outside. Someone in North Van is targeting pros or anyone with nice bikes.
    I was more referring to the thief. Pseudonym is likely just parroting the random old head who got someone to listen to their crap.