Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Bumping this thread rather than a new one (live2ski the trip must be close!). I've NEVER been to europe and don't know shit. period. I also struggle with english a bit, but I can speak redneck pretty damn well.

Truthfully I can be a little bit high strung traveling (understatement), tend to worry about connections schedules etc. but that's mostly been because for 20+ years I've been scalping around the 4 other MTs. Mrs. MT has been spoiling for a big Europe trip since forever. So I'm thinking next summer. We have a couple friend outside Nuremburg so we'd like to get to that city but absolutely open beyond that. I don't mind paying a bit. What advice does the collective have for a first trip? Eyeing a Uniworld River Cruise that is Nuremberg-Vienna with a sidebar to Prague; more so since I wouldn't have to drive (much) or fuck with a schedule.

Seriously, appreciate the collective's opinions / smart ass comments / etc. on this. Thanks Kindly MT
    You scalp the kids??

What does your wife want to see from Europe? What do you care about seeing? What kind of things do you want to do? Focus on eating, hit the big museums, see Roman ruins, or old churches and towns?

England has all the above. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    How long you planning to visit?
    flexlible, but at least a week and less than a month -
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    You scalp the kids??

What does your wife want to see from Europe? What do you care about seeing? What kind of things do you want to do? Focus on eating, hit the big museums, see Roman ruins, or old churches and towns?
    meant schralp. Seriously, I'd much druther be diving in the carribean, and I really do not find the above very appealing, but I suppose seeing "history" the least unapealing. Roman ruins would be kinda cool.
    "Can't you see..."

There are Roman ruins from England to Tunisia and Spain to Turkey, the question is more what do you want to do? There’s beaches to sun yourself on cafes to eat at many places.

Truthfully I can be a little bit high strung traveling (understatement), tend to worry about connections schedules etc.
    If that's the case then I think you'd enjoy cruising. Very low stress. Everything is served to you.

If only Bun were around to make European suggestions. I hear he’s a local.

Bumping this thread rather than a new one (live2ski the trip must be close!). I've NEVER been to europe and don't know shit. period. I also struggle with english a bit, but I can speak redneck pretty damn well.

Truthfully I can be a little bit high strung traveling (understatement), tend to worry about connections schedules etc. but that's mostly been because for 20+ years I've been scalping around the 4 other MTs. Mrs. MT has been spoiling for a big Europe trip since forever. So I'm thinking next summer. We have a couple friend outside Nuremburg so we'd like to get to that city but absolutely open beyond that. I don't mind paying a bit. What advice does the collective have for a first trip? Eyeing a Uniworld River Cruise that is Nuremberg-Vienna with a sidebar to Prague; more so since I wouldn't have to drive (much) or fuck with a schedule.

Seriously, appreciate the collective's opinions / smart ass comments / etc. on this. Thanks Kindly MT
    If you are in Nürnberg, head over to
    Rothenburg ob der Tauber for your Medieval fix. It looks like a 500 year old Disney princess village.

Danube cruise is actually not bad, if you're lazy.

Vienna, Prague Budapest etc. Are supposed to be cool .but I've never been east.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Well we are a week from flying off to Yurp. Stoked to start the trip on 05/20 getting to see Nightwish in LA, then we fly out 05/21 with a short layover in Heathrow before getting to AMS for 4 nights. I need to score some good sleepy bread while there, as I will not be bringing my gummies and drops
    We then will take a high speed train to Paris (check off bucket list). Three nights there. Needless to say we are stoked as we loved that city last time we were there and have some cool adventures scheduled.
    Next we fly to Venice. Hopefully that works out ok, as I hate Charles DG airport. We have a bunch of fun adventures scheduled for the 2 nights we are there and then it is another high speed train to Florence. (I like trains) Three nights there and then a car trip through some of Tuscany for two nights before getting to Siena for two nights.
    Then the long slow train to Cinque Terre where we stay two nights in a gorgeous villa overlooking the sea. I hope to get some rest there as I will likely be tired. Then off to Bergamo by train for two nights. Again, another couple of days for me to rest and check out the town in person, as I told Mrs. L2S I want to live there for a period of time once the doggies cross the Rainbow Bridge.
    From there, fly back to Amsterdam for the night before flying home.
    I know we have a lot planned, but having a mild ADD, I like to stay busy. Photos to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.