Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: Hulu black Friday $0.99/month

Hulu is running a black Friday promo of a $0.99/month subscription, for 12 months. I signed up. Probably find a few things worth watching for a buck per month.

I think this link will work:

https://www.hulu.com/start?&cmp=1612...hoC7qoQAvD_BwE
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Really appreciate this post, my daughter is quite happy today now that I signed up
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I don't need more streaming options but for $12 for an entire year, why the fuck not? Thanks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

so, what's good on hulu?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Archer. Letterkenny.

Yeah, thanks. There are a few things only on Hulu I've wanted to check out (like the Samberg comedy Palm Springs), and hey, why not watch some of the better after-its-prime Archer episodes that I haven't seen.

And I just watched an ep of One Punch Man, a ridiculous seems-like-parody in the anime action hero genre. Then I realized it's also on Netflix.

Which reminds me, Hulu seems to be more aggressive with the ad intermissions than most other streaming services that include ads. But hey, 99c/month.

Dopesick.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post

Which reminds me, Hulu seems to be more aggressive with the ad intermissions than most other streaming services that include ads. But hey, 99c/month.
    Oh, the 99c deal is with ads. No, thanks.

At my old house (which had decent internet bandwidth) we quickly switched to ad-free Hulu, which I think cost about $5 more per month or so. Hated the ads, especially on a service you pay for.

Current house has crap for internet, so had to drop streaming for now.

Yeah. SUPER worth upgrading to get the ad-free experience. Since I get "free" Hulu with my Verizon cell subscription, I only pay the 5 or 6 bucks to upgrade. Worth it. I actually end up watching Hulu more than I do Netflix. While Netflix has been busy farting out tons of original content, seems that Hulu has picked up a bunch of licenses for content that NF has let expire. Probably worth having both, but yeah. Upgrade to nix the ads.

Thanks; I'll see how much it ends up getting used.

Heh, wish I could recommend something high quality to you all; instead I'm getting hooked on One Punch Man. Nihilistic idiocy, but frequently funny. The main character can kill pretty much any monstrous being with one punch, hence his omnipotence bores him practically to the point of depression.

Thanks; I'll see how much it ends up getting used.

Heh, wish I could recommend something high quality to you all; instead I'm getting hooked on One Punch Man. Nihilistic idiocy, but frequently funny. The main character can kill pretty much any monstrous being with one punch, hence his omnipotence bores him practically to the point of depression.
    Haha. Yeah. One Punch Man is freaking great.

PSA the original warriors 1979 on. at once horribly dated and a fascinating essay on the times.
    "Can't you see..."

The Great

Shout out to El Chup for posting this; Hulu has definitely been worth it.

We watched Only Murders in the Building. Pretty good. Steve Martin, Martin Short.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    We watched Only Murders in the Building. Pretty good. Steve Martin, Martin Short.
    This was very good enjoyed it.

But it’s not The Great. The Great is fucking great.

Watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This was very good enjoyed it.

But it’s not The Great. The Great is fucking great.

Watch it.
    We’ve been enjoying The Great too. Recommend
    skid luxury

Just added that to my list, thanks.

Bump. Offer is back, at $1.99/month. Link is here at this deal site - says you can't have been a subscribed in the last month, but I assume I can get around that by signing up under Mrs C for this subscription.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hulu-...edium=facebook

Cool, I grabbed the deal a year ago. I'm tempted to renew using a different email address. But whatever, my wife's using the account a lot, even if I don't so much, so I figure they're earning the regular price at the moment once it bumps up soon.

Yeah, I have actually used it a fair amount. Not going to try and play a game. But once my promo expires I will bundle it with Disney and ESPN.

If a streaming service is gonna have ads, it better be close to free.
    Add a period to your gmail address. Google doesn't recognize them, but most services you give your email address to do. So you don't actually need an alternate email, just add a period when you sign up, or move the 1 you have around.

Also, What We Do in the Shadows.
    Not something I usually bother with, or even remember, but sometimes I do.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

The Bear
    Welcome to Wrexham
    Brockmire
    Schitt's Creek (if you missed it on Netflix)
    Reservation Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    so, what's good on hulu?
    Only Murderers in the Building
    Next Thing You Eat
    Taste the Nation
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Palm Springs. Great