Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PNW, second if they 202s

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

What’s the top sheet and or brand?

Is Stephan involved? Eg. Is his non compete over?

Even so. I doubt those ski shapes are patented. Anyone can make them.

Own two 120 200cm.
    Finally got a 138 202.

Can’t see needing more, but would buy in just to make it happening.
    . . .

Subscribed.

I don't use my huge skis much but this ski has always intrigued me and if anyone is going to reproduce the ideal version of this ski, it's Marshal.

So I'm very interested.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Me want 192 L138. Mount with pin bindings ...or CAST??

Do you have to be Goliath to ski the 202s or do they ski super short?

Never been on these but would love to compare with the Protests I know so well

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Considering how short the 192 feels (just roll your knees and it turns), doubt the 202 feels long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    Damn ! What construction ? Is the 2007 the mega rocker shovel ?

No, pretty sure 2007 is Rocker-1. Deep tip rocker but not a ton of splay, flat under binding, and moderate tail rocker. I've only skied R1, but assume it's better on groomers (no rocking horse effect) due to flat underfoot compared to R3.0/3.1/3.2 mega-rocker. I've taken my R1 up to dumb speed on a pristine soft groomer just to see how it would do, and lived.

Edit: 2006 is rocker-1.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-29-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Sorry guys, was out of town today and couldn't get back to the shop early enough prior to close, will see if I can sneak out during the day tomorrow and confirm ski model, sizing, and mounts/current binders. There are at least two pair of DPS.... I'll report back to the dibs and PM's once I know more.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWcement View Post
    There is a pair of giant wide dps skis with touring binders (not sure why) at the local consignment shop - could facilitate a pick up and ship should I determine what size and model they are…. Let me know, I have a pair of 124 underfoot and 194cm for my perspective on ski width/length.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    No, pretty sure 2007 is Rocker-1. Deep tip rocker but not a ton of splay, flat under binding, and moderate tail rocker. I've only skied R1, but assume it's better on groomers (no rocking horse effect) due to flat underfoot compared to R3.0/3.1/3.2 mega-rocker. I've taken my R1 up to dumb speed on a pristine soft groomer just to see how it would do, and lived.
    I don’t think rocker 1 was ever made in 202.

Would be interesting ski for sure. I had the og white with red stripes. Fun ski but wayyy short for me.
    . . .

The plan is to make skis with the 138 with Rocker 1 shovel (a touch deeper rocker line than Rocker 2) and the Rocker 2 tail (lower and more stable than Rocker 1).

* 2005 skis were the first batch, had topsheet/carbon adhesion problems, and the 138 is referred to as "rocker 0" aka pointy tip.
    * 2006 skis were the second batch, had bamboo sidewalls, and the 138 had the new round tip and was white/red, and are "rocker 1"
    * 2007 skis were the third batch, had bamboo sidewalls, and the 138 was black, and referred to as "rocker 2"
    * 2008-2010 skis were red (and a few special editions such as blue), with mega rocker, and had a few iterations, referred to as "Rocker 3.x"

The 202 was produced in Rocker 2 (black w/ bamboo sidewalls) and Rocker 3 (mostly red and a few special editions too). The 120 was produced in all these years too. The 2005-2008 versions were all pretty subtle in tip rocker. The 2009-2010 versions had a ton of tip rocker. I would produce the low rise OG verison in this project.

I am likely to use woven triaxial carbon instead of stacked unidirectional carbon, since the uni carbon had persistent delam problems in skis. Also likely to use UHMW sidewalls instead of bamboo to maximize long term durability (though I loved the bamboo sidewalls myself, and was never hung up on its care and feeding requirements).

I am also looking to do a few other shapes that would fit into the Strormrider/Monster/Explosiv "lead sled" end of the spectrum with this project too.

These skis would be built to pre-order and they would deliver next fall. They will NOT be crazy expensive. This is a labor of love.

Thank you for the interest. More to come in the next few weeks!

^^^ And there is a ton more info in the old thread titled something like ode to the Spatula. I think I posted pics of the different 138 variants I had at the time, to show different rocker profiles.

Marshal - what are the blue pure 200cm 138s I have? Low splay tips and tails, black sidewall, textured top sheet. I don't know which rocker profile they are - much less than the big R3 versions, sort of like the R0 low splay, but with wide tip like all the post-R0 ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    ^^^ And there is a ton more info in the old thread titled something like ode to the Spatula. I think I posted pics of the different 138 variants I had at the time, to show different rocker profiles.

Marshal - what are the blue pure 200cm 138s I have? Low splay tips and tails, black sidewall, textured top sheet. I don't know which rocker profile they are - much less than the big R3 versions, sort of like the R0 low splay, but with wide tip like all the post-R0 ones.
    Yes, that thread is a gold mine. I posted a bunch of historical stuff in Leavenworth Skier's search for his old 202 thread as well, for the highly initiated, haha.

Those are Rocker 3.2, the last run of L138, and I think about 10 pair were ever made in that blue color. the "200" was actually a typo, they are the same cassette as all the other "202" skis.
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 11-29-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Subscribing to this. Don't have much need for a 138 in my current locale but a 120 would be nice in the touring quiver. Quite enjoyed my beat up bamboo sidewall'd 105s I picked up off a mag a few years back.

Likely in for a pair of 20x 120s to compliment the 202 138s.

Short skis suck, long skis truck.

Thanks Marshal.

I've never tried the spooned 138s, but I have a pair of Spoon 150 (actually 148). They're very loose.

I have too many skis....
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

So what’s the brand?

MARSHALL TRUCKERS. ?

Short skis suck. Marshall truckers truck
    . . .

If a 202 138 spoon resembles anything like the 148s, count me in! Maybe for 2 pairs even….

interested to hear the details...
    older L138 rocker profile with spoon? (didn't see any spoon mentioned by Marshal)
    will wait to hear more details
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    The plan is to make skis with the 138 with Rocker 1 shovel (a touch deeper rocker line than Rocker 2) and the Rocker 2 tail (lower and more stable than Rocker 1).

* 2005 skis were the first batch, had topsheet/carbon adhesion problems, and the 138 is referred to as "rocker 0" aka pointy tip.
    * 2006 skis were the second batch, had bamboo sidewalls, and the 138 had the new round tip and was white/red, and are "rocker 1"
    * 2007 skis were the third batch, had bamboo sidewalls, and the 138 was black, and referred to as "rocker 2"
    * 2008-2010 skis were red (and a few special editions such as blue), with mega rocker, and had a few iterations, referred to as "Rocker 3.x"

The 202 was produced in Rocker 2 (black w/ bamboo sidewalls) and Rocker 3 (mostly red and a few special editions too). The 120 was produced in all these years too. The 2005-2008 versions were all pretty subtle in tip rocker. The 2009-2010 versions had a ton of tip rocker. I would produce the low rise OG verison in this project.

I am likely to use woven triaxial carbon instead of stacked unidirectional carbon, since the uni carbon had persistent delam problems in skis. Also likely to use UHMW sidewalls instead of bamboo to maximize long term durability (though I loved the bamboo sidewalls myself, and was never hung up on its care and feeding requirements).

I am also looking to do a few other shapes that would fit into the Strormrider/Monster/Explosiv "lead sled" end of the spectrum with this project too.

These skis would be built to pre-order and they would deliver next fall. They will NOT be crazy expensive. This is a labor of love.

Thank you for the interest. More to come in the next few weeks!
    Oh hells yeah! Sounds awesome, Marshall. Subscribing to this one. The 120 was always a ski I wanted to try.

following…

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Oh hells yeah! Sounds awesome, Marshall. Subscribing to this one. The 120 was always a ski I wanted to try.
    The 120 isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Not nearly as loose as RR like the 138.

It’s a pintail. And you can lay into the shins and pressure the toe.
    But it feels so good.
    The tip has rise and there’s some slarving ability.

I have a flex 2 red top that is fun but a bit flappy.
    My flex 3 bamboo sidewalls fucking rail Mach looney on hard pack.
    And they rock the pow.

PS. Doubt it’s worth spooning anything. The original spoon was another drake revolutionary thing. The small spoon in the tip of the ski was marketing schiezen
    . . .

Interested, assuming this takes off

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DPS @local Consignment Shop

OK so finally had a chance to pop by the consignment shop - but with my 9 year old in tow so these photos are not complete cause he started complaining a lot...... Alas, no 202cm's lengths....

Anyway here is the summary of the DPS at the shop - if you are interested let me know - there seemed to be a list of interest and others contacted me directly - I would buy them at the stated costs, ship them at cost via UPS/FedEx which is expensive usually with binders and then ask for PIA fee that I can use to keep my kids in gear this winter...

I don't know anything about the vintage of these rigs - may be able to find out or do a facetime with prospective buyer at the shop at an agreed upon mutual time..

DPS 138 lotus rocker 3.2. 192cm
    Marker griffins for 27.5 314 mm (this based upon eyeing up a boot from the shelf - unsure if this is the only mount and I have no way to verify unless the shop is willing to pull a toe and heel and reinstall - which they probably won't do)
    Hybrid fiberglass carbon bamboo 
    Lots of factory structure left
    $575

Lotus 120 190cm
    with dynafit tech binders and pocoma skins (eyeballed a 28.5 316 tech boot with the binders and they lined up pretty close but don't hold me to it..)
    Hybrid core
    $775

DPS spoons 190cm (grey topsheets, but sorry didn't grab a topsheet image only bases)
    Mount is for dukes
    Factory structure
    $450

DPS 138 lotus rocker 3.2. 192cm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dps lotus 139 192 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	394975

Name:	dps lotus 139 192 2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	355.0 KB 
ID:	394976

Name:	dps lotus 139 192 3.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	841.1 KB 
ID:	394977

DPS spoons 190cm

Name:	dps spoon 1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	880.0 KB 
ID:	394978

Name:	dps spoon 2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	938.1 KB 
ID:	394979

Shit image of the DPS Lotus 120 190cm - bottom half of ski w/tech binder - skins and rest of ski are definitely there.....

Name:	lotus.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	566.3 KB 
ID:	394982

solid work!
    Aggressive in my own mind

Dang they got the jackpot. I think I’m just gonna hold out for 200s or when marshal makes them. Good luck with the logistics of getting them out to folks

Subscribing. I bought some beater 190 hybrid L120 demos from Marshall a few years back. Amazing powder skis with that long shovel and 40+ meter radius. I also had some 192 hybrid L138’s and still have some 192 pure L138’s. Would love to get on some longer L138’s since the 192’s often feel short.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...