Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

WTB: 4frnt Devs, other full rockered

Going all the way back to Spats I am a full reverse/full rocker kinda guy. I have tried to convince myself otherwise and own several "normal" skis but always go back to full reverse unless it's pure groomers or zero soft snow.

In a moment of weakness I sold my beloved Volkl Bash 116 which would probably be my everyday ski, although a little wide sometimes. I ski my Volkl Revolt 124 any chance I can. 4-6" new and next two or three days after a storm these are my ski.

I think Devs could be the perfect skinny full rockered ski for me. I tried Meridian 107s and honestly didn't like them. Just too damn stiff.....I was also on fucked up boots at the time so I couldn't properly power those skis.

Looking for stuff around the 184 size range. Thanks.

I’ve got a pair. I’ll pm you details.
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.

184 4frnt ravens with adrenalines and skins. $700 CND ?

192 L138s pure3?

Thanks for posts. Looking for newer Devs and ideally something with regular binders as I won't be touring on these.

Good luck in your search. I really think the OG devestator is my favorite dd of all time. I don’t like them in pow, but think they’re great in every other condition. If you ski with high edge angles to engage the whole length of the ski they absolutely rail groomers and wind buff. I highly recommend going back on the mount for a dd for all those who aren’t into switch.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

What are the differences between the older/OG and the newer versions? Both pairs I have come across are the 14/15 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Good luck in your search. I really think the OG devestator is my favorite dd of all time. I don’t like them in pow, but think they’re great in every other condition. If you ski with high edge angles to engage the whole length of the ski they absolutely rail groomers and wind buff. I highly recommend going back on the mount for a dd for all those who aren’t into switch.

The newer ski is lighter and comes in different lengths. Haven’t skied it yet. I hope it’s as good as the older model. But usually going lighter doesn’t improve things.

So I should probably just snatch up the older ones then huh? I like pretty heavy skis like the volkl as long as they have some life in them for ollies and gapping bumps etc.

Get the og ones for how and where you ski. 100%

if you find a pair on KSL in salt lake, happy to pick em up and get them to you.

rad seeing you this summer

If you're considering other skis (per your thread title), the Dynafit Hokkaido is probably still floating around for cheap. They went on blowout clearance around $160 a couple years ago. Full rocker, but with sidecut, burly construction (not a Dynafit rando race type ski at all), 118 waist. Came in 182, 189, 195.

I bought the 189s, tried using as a combo sidecountry/BC ski, way too heavy to want to skin with these. Remounted this summer with an alpine binding.

These ones:
    https://backcountrymagazine.com/gear...afit-hokkaido/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The Folsom Primary 188s I listed are a full rocker version. I can deal with my neuroses around shipping if you’re interested.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=342860

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Get the og ones for how and where you ski. 100%

if you find a pair on KSL in salt lake, happy to pick em up and get them to you.

rad seeing you this summer
    Thanks homie. Was good seeing you too. If I come down to SLC to ski this year I will hit you up.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you're considering other skis (per your thread title), the Dynafit Hokkaido is probably still floating around for cheap. They went on blowout clearance around $160 a couple years ago. Full rocker, but with sidecut, burly construction (not a Dynafit rando race type ski at all), 118 waist. Came in 182, 189, 195.

I bought the 189s, tried using as a combo sidecountry/BC ski, way too heavy to want to skin with these. Remounted this summer with an alpine binding.

These ones:
    Yeah I have heard good things about those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 'n Steady View Post
    The Folsom Primary 188s I listed are a full rocker version. I can deal with my neuroses around shipping if you’re interested.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=342860
    I'll check em out thanks.

I do have a line on some OG devs right now that I will probably pull the trigger on.

I’m a very mediocre skier, but they’ve been great for my use: unfortunately a lot of crud and not much powder. Their groomer performance surprised me. I have the black/yellow top sheets.

I’d recommend mounting-1 on OG devs

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

These ones:
    the hokkaido is such an unexpected staple in my quiver and the deal of the century.
    skis very much like a hoji as others have mentioned but fatter. and I would have mounted mine alpine, but I decided to take this as my 1 ski for our month long european ski honeymoon so I mounted with dukes bc we did a couple tours too (it was also a big snow year there)
    definitely not a dedicated touring ski but great as a lighter alpine/ side country ski
    skid luxury

The 14/15 devs I am hoping to get are mounted already on the line. Waiting to hear back from the seller. Paging TAHOEDOWN to the Whiteroom Courtesy Phone.

FWIW I have Hojis with dynafit that I tour on. Fucking love those skis. Considered just getting another pair and mounting with alpine binders for lift served. I am pretty sold on Devs though.

word
    skid luxury

WTB: 4frnt Devs, other full rockered

X2, had both the 184 and 194 mounted -1 and they both felt right. Have some friends that went further back than that and they were happy. The 184 skis very short IMO.

deleted
    Last edited by STLHD; 01-27-2022 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    ...I am pretty sold on Devs though.
    Looks like a sure bet to me. From the O.P.'s first hunch that he wants Dev's, to all the replies---I'm seeing a very successful match here. Nobody discussed length, but O.P. seems pretty sure about the 184cm length.

Seconded. (Or thirded? Or fourthed?). -1.0cm is my very fave position on my 194 Devs, so probably same for the 184's. If you buy a pair that is already mounted on the line, might as well ski them first at that position before just remounting at -1.0cm willy nilly. And no need to mount even further back than -1.0cm just for pure powder, because O.P. has Revolt 121 for pow days.

...If you ski with high edge angles to engage the whole length of the ski they absolutely rail groomers and wind buff. I highly recommend going back on the mount for a dd for all those who aren’t into switch.
    Yes. In fact, if you mount Dev's too far forward, or even just too far forward for a big guy's big bodyweight---then I've found that this ski will fold into a way-too-tiny radius when railing at highest edge angles. This is a weird consequence, but it makes sense when you remember that this ski is in a "pre-flexed" shape to begin with, so it's way easier to unintentionally flex it further into a super-tiny radius. The solution would be to design it to be stiffer, but instead---if you care about high edge angles, then just don't mount it too far forward. Easy. Solved.

Actually, O.P. mentioned he didn't like the high stiffness of Meridian 107, so it sounds like he'll enjoy that Dev's can flex easily (they flex easily enough to become a "tiny problem" at forward mount positions).

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I got 184 OG Devs in the mail from a maggot. Stoked on these skis. Two short days on them mostly on hard groomers with a few soft snow turns yesterday. They hold an edge really well on groomed/firm snow and in the soft they are buttery as fuck. Pretty sure these will by my new daily drivers. Dope.

Got these if you are still looking:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...zard-Bodacious

Technically... flat underfoot, rockered tip/tail. My daily driver for anything ice - just mounted a new pair. Love them.
    -deej
    I'm against picketing... but I don't know how to show it...

Bumping this up. Loving the Devs mounted at -.5. I could see how -1 would be sweet though. Need to fill the void in my quiver with something fully reverse around 115 underfoot. Bash 116 was the ski and the pair I bought on here went to my roommate who is loving them. Wish I never sold my pair 2 seasons ago. The Revolt 124 is awesome, but just too much sometimes. We have such a variable mountain because of the wind. Blown down to hardpack on one face and 18" blown in on the other. Hard to have one ski on those days. The Devs are under-gunned on 6" of fresh.