Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hojis

WTB: 4frnt Devs, other full rockered

Saba Pro’s look pretty rad and have great reviews. I did read somewhere they were a little on the softish side, not soft per say, but softer than something like the Meridian IIRC… Personally, I’ve found I like my reverse cambered sticks pretty stiff, more so if they’re pow boards, but I’m still experimenting with what I can get my hands on.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I have a 187 Hoji. 2019 model I believe. 2 mounts. 325bsl for Radicals on the line, 310bsl for Tectons at -1.5cm. Very clean otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I have a 187 Hoji. 2019 model I believe. 2 mounts. 325bsl for Radicals on the line, 310bsl for Tectons at -1.5cm. Very clean otherwise.
    price?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I have 187 Hojis with Dynafit that I tour with. Awesome skis. May be the solution for inbounds with alpine binders. Only gripe....which is minor....is that they are light and don't plow through crud like the heavy Volkls do. Mine are 2017 I think. I assume the newer ones are the same weight/stiffness?

Edit to add:

I wish the Inthayne came in a 184. 188 probably would be totally doable though as I have skied 188 skis with regular camber before.

Never tried an Inthayne, but personally I’d just try to get another pair of Ones/Bash’s. Volkl needs to re-release that ski.

Two pair of volkl one on KSL for $250 with 12 din look bindings

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Two pair of volkl one on KSL for $250 with 12 din look bindings
    Good looking out. Thanks!

I have a pair of close to new 2017 devastators up for grabs They are 174, one mount for fks 14 at rec for 26.5 boot. Message me for more information

Interesting thread.

I picked up a 15 Dev in 194 (on a whim, it was very cheap) and the Cochise in 192 (orange topsheet/carbon version) this summer.
    I only have a few days on both, but they're both pretty interesting. (I've always loved the Cochise, but never skied the Dev. I haven't been a fan of the OG Katana I got last year either.)

I'm kind of on the other side - I only like the full rocker some of the time. They are both totally nuking skis, but the Cochise has a bit of preference, in my book, most of the time. Now, if I could just get an OG Cochise in 193 - that would be the an awesome fun test.

But I really like the Volkl One/Two's - though they don't come out much.

Anyone that wants to trade a Dev 194 for a Cochise 193/192 or OG/Black Bodacious in 196 - PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    The Devs are under-gunned on 6" of fresh.
    That's a surprising take. I feel like they're good up to knee deep. I guess it depends on the terrain and your local snowpack.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    That's a surprising take. I feel like they're good up to knee deep. I guess it depends on the terrain and your local snowpack.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Usually it's very blower here, but the only time I have had them in pow was wind fucked slabby pow and I felt like I needed longer skis to not want to go over the bars. Im -.5 back from center and thinking -1 would have been better for chargy directional type skiing.

Gonna take them out again this week if we get new snow........I just alway default to the Revolt 124 because in deep or chopped up they are so fun to just point and plow.

So, they ski better farther back?

I might try mine at -1 or -2 and see what I think.
    (I'm not sure how far back I can go on my demo bindings - we'll see.)

I'm in the PNW, so their float, while not amazing, is pretty good, overall. I don't have to be on top, but dive sucks too. The storm we had last Sunday was one of the only ones in recent memory where I felt like nothing floated well enough. I didn't have my Volkl Two's up, or they'd have come out. But of all the skis I had - Bodacious in 186, Cochise in 192 or Dev in 194 - the Dev was the best. (not that the Bodacious or Cochise are noted floaty skis, but I'm not very big either.)

I love my OG Devs; they may not float as well as a full reverse/reverse ski on the first run of a powder day (obv, because they're thinner), but as soon as it turns to chowder they just blast through it really well.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHD View Post
    Have a pair of very minty 194s if anyone is looking for the bigger size. Would sell cheap.
    Still have these? I'd be interested - love my 184's but looking to size up

I have some 186 Sickles from 2012 I believe that I'd consider letting go.

I told myself I'd never get rid of them but don't ski much resort these days.

187 Hoji w Wardens for a 295mm bsl. Pm me
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Quote Originally Posted by andrhan12 View Post
    Still have these? I'd be interested - love my 184's but looking to size up
    I've got a 2014-2015 194cm pair that's got three mounts on it. They're not minty, but still pretty nice.

They had Attack demos as one of the previous mounts when I got them, so I reused them.
    I filled all the prior mounts with bamboo skewers and epoxy.

I haven't put many days on them, and while I like them, I think I like the Cochise 192 better in most conditions.
    So, I'm not sorry about parting ways with them, if you'd like them.
    I'd probably like to keep the Attack demos, but willing to pass those along too, if wanted.

Lets say $175 flat.
    Attack demos included: $335 with Attacks.
    Buyer pays shipping.

So I am really loving the 184 OG Devs as an everyday and learning to love them up to about 6" fresh as long as it's really blower. In older or denser pow/wind effected but deeper they are a bit under gunned still.

If anyone has lightly used 187 Saba Pro or 188 Inthayne hit me up. Need to round out the quiver with something between the Devs and the Revolt 124.

So I am really loving the 184 OG Devs as an everyday and learning to love them up to about 6" fresh as long as it's really blower. In older or denser pow/wind effected but deeper they are a bit under gunned still.

If anyone has lightly used 187 Saba Pro or 188 Inthayne hit me up. Need to round out the quiver with something between the Devs and the Revolt 124.
    Subscribing to this thread, as I am interested to read a real world review on the Saba Pro.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Always wanted a 189 strai gg ht pull heavy devatastor.

The 184 which I have vibevail orange and yellow black wrenches are great skis for super quick redirects in trees and chopped up snow including chopped pow and crud. Great fun surfy feeling. Fail at really high speeds partly because they ski so short.

Edge fine on firm edgeable snow, but barely adequate on anything icy and certainly not icy with consequence.

For its worth....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Always wanted a 189 strai gg ht pull heavy devatastor.

The 184 which I have vibevail orange and yellow black wrenches are great skis for super quick redirects in trees and chopped up snow including chopped pow and crud. Great fun surfy feeling. Fail at really high speeds partly because they ski so short.

Edge fine on firm edgeable snow, but barely adequate on anything icy and certainly not icy with consequence.

For its worth....

I do eventually want a burly "regular" camber ski just for the rare really firm days. Otherwise I continue to be very stoked on the 184 devs as an everyday ski.

I do eventually want a burly "regular" camber ski just for the rare really firm days. Otherwise I continue to be very stoked on the 184 devs as an everyday ski.
    They are damn good fun skis.

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB