Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNowWorkLater View Post
    The line up the bowl yesterday was pretty gnarly, but managed 3 laps and all were pretty amazing for the day after a "small" storm: Full Curl, 5 Points to Zero G, Ozone
    Yes yes yes, sorry I couldn’t make it out!

The line up the bowl yesterday was pretty gnarly, but managed 3 laps and all were pretty amazing for the day after a "small" storm: Full Curl, 5 Points to Zero G, Ozone
    Big line up the bowl yet felt like nobody was actually skiing the bowl. I had 3 great laps in there as well. First lap down the B-fore spine was almost totally untracked since most people seemed to be avoiding the cornice drop to get in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

And most are half-ass beaters side slipping the G’s to G1 or making jerky turns on G8

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think I just accidentally deleted my post... whoops

Basically said even when the bowl hike is packed, a high speed lift will unload that many people in 5-10 minutes which is a lot less time than it takes them to hike.

Dropping into the Bs when it's good is the power move. I'm usually close to the lift by the time someone is about to actually get to their line in the Gs. That said the stashes in the Gs can be all time and a bit more wind protected.

I haven't poked around on Snowmass yet this year. anyone ski the wall or through any bliss gates yet?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Yes yes yes, sorry I couldn’t make it out!
    This weekend then! We might start poking around outside the ropes too

The Wall is skiing well. I haven’t skied anything off of Sheer Bliss, but have been admiring AMF from the High Alpine lift.

Happy 75th Anniversary Ajax!

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

I also have not hit the Sheer Bliss side of things, but the hanging valley loop was killer last weekend. Skied it pretty hard Saturday and Sunday…Saturday in the glades was soooo much deeper then the snow totals. Noon till 2:30 was phenomenal. Lower Z had zero bumps and I skied it basically untouched three times in a row and then again two times Sunday morning right after AVSC drop off.

Possible was nice and full on Sunday with little rocks showing. Landings were very soft as well.

Even the Dikes were good Saturday and took a while to track out….crowds were light pretty much all weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641958106.626275.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	400766

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

This weekend then! We might start poking around outside the ropes too
    Heading to the beach for the long weekend, but yes, soon!

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Dropping into the Bs when it's good is the power move. I'm usually close to the lift by the time someone is about to actually get to their line in the Gs. That said the stashes in the Gs can be all time and a bit more wind protected.

I haven't poked around on Snowmass yet this year. anyone ski the wall or through any bliss gates yet?
    Wall is skiing well.

KT has been open and meh. Gowdys just opened and has a strong windbuff to the whole eastern aspect. Filled in uniformly though with a base, so i bet its primo next storm.

JF doing big work yesterday on 1A. Love it.

the question has remain unanswered, until today: How many 1A laps are possible in a day?

I set out this morning with the following rules; 9-3:30, Open to the general public, no groomers. From the top, ski the bumps under the lift, aka “tower power”, to one of the 4 steep runs on the front side. Starting with Corkscrew gully, Corkscrew and Henry’s all of which finish with a lap through Norway. On the super 8 lap, you ski fall line through lazy 8 to the bottom.

All said and done, 37 laps on 1A plus caught one last gondy. Total of 55k vert over ~50 miles. Fastest lap on 1A (from standing to sitting) 2min30sec. 9 full grand slams + silver rush + ridge of bell. 5hr on lifts, 1hr54min skiing. 2 burritos, 3 quarts of water, 1 la crox, 3 Pez and one hell of a great day!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CYsZCdSOizO/

Word on the street is that The Freaks have taken notice and plan to set a new 1A benchmark

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

Hell, I set the benchmark in 83 on 207 Atomic ARC’s. Today was day 50 and I’ve got the mid January knee pain acting up. But I’ll still be 1 st chair in 1A tomorrow. Tourquois Jacket, black helmet and pants on Kastles.

Old Tom was bumping chairs Wednesday, but he’s struggling.
    Last edited by Shredhead; 01-14-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Little delayed...I was at Snowmass on 1/6 and heard ~20 bombs throughout the day. Curious about ski patrol process for bombing to open. Hit everything >30º once? Something else?

Too much evil, depressing, soul crushing sunshine. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Latitude > altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Too much evil, depressing, soul crushing sunshine. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Latitude > altitude.

It just rained to the top at Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    What were your expectations or pre-conceived notions?

Little fresh yesterday with the grom squad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642272376.912662.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	243.6 KB 
ID:	401229

Quote Originally Posted by jbrock View Post
    Little delayed...I was at Snowmass on 1/6 and heard ~20 bombs throughout the day. Curious about ski patrol process for bombing to open. Hit everything >30º once? Something else?
    They always throw a lot of charges at Snowmass.
    It had been windy for a few days and then Wednesday, it really warmed up at the end of the day.
    With the Poma being closed and no skier compaction in the Cirque.
    I think they were just being extra cautious.

DT avy in December seems to of increased cation this season…as it probably should.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Thought it would soften up a bit more today than it did. Up high was nice and chalky though.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Thought it would soften up a bit more today than it did. Up high was nice and chalky though.
    Same. We saw a snowboarder torpedo down the entirety of gowdys, so that was fun. He was OK.

Anyone know the status of the young girl AVSC Freerider that backslapped underneath 1A yesterday?
    She hit hard. Patrol said her spine protection probably saved her.

Speaking of Freeriders, Karl Stall’s girls are rippers.
    He must be bummed, he can’t hang.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Attachment 400375

No pow day today, but the crew was tight
    After visiting my in-laws in Aspen a couple times a season for the last 16 years, I finally caught a legit storm cycle and skied deep powder 12/24 and 12/25 at Highlands. Lapping those treeless gullies/slide paths off the traverse towards Hyde Park that drop back under the DT lift line were the highlight on the 24th, and then getting the bowl opening on Christmas Day.

But I gotta say, the overall skiing highlight was the 23rd at Buttermilk with my 6 year old. What an awesome resource that ski area is for people raising families in the Roaring Fork Valley. I can’t think of a better place to learn and build confidence.

Thanks for the West Buttermilk parking area advice I received here a couple years ago.

FORT FROG! Bagged lunch there, the next time we visit…

Ozone chalk is firing atm