Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    I laughed. Because, well, because not Vail.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Matsuhisa in Aspen is so much better than its Vail counterpart.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Matsuhisa in Aspen is so much better than its Vail counterpart.
    Bravo. That's gotta be a big accomplishment. Chef will be out for you with sashimi kisses.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I don't know about that, but $5 hand rolls during the game is always good.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

Most of the bar menu deals went by the wayside during Covid. Many of the best, have been replaced by super high end restaurants, based in other cities.
    But I’d still meet you for a beer.

On a side note, we were up at Ruedi yesterday. It rained for 5 minutes.
    Everyone left, sun came out, it flattened out and was glorious.

I'd like to meet you for drinks. We will be in town from 9/18-21. I'll PM my digits when we get closer.
    Since renovation, how is the bar at The Limelight?

Limelight bar is pretty similar. Just a facelift really to the actual bar/restaurant space. Entryway and other stuff saw some bigger changes.

Loving the rain, though it’s keeping me off the bike…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Most of the bar menu deals went by the wayside during Covid. Many of the best, have been replaced by super high end restaurants, based in other cities.
    But I’d still meet you for a beer.

On a side note, we were up at Ruedi yesterday. It rained for 5 minutes.
    Everyone left, sun came out, it flattened out and was glorious.
    We camped Fri-Sunday up above paonia. It poured so hard right when we set up camp that there was standing water in the grass all weekend. a few showers mixed in to keep it uber muddy.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I just noticed that this year parking reservations are required at Maroon Bells. Apparently, a day reservation can be made, but your vehicle must arrive before 8:00am. An evening reservation can be made with arrival after 5:00pm. Are no vehicles allowed in after 8:00am? If people arrive before 8am and leave by noon does that space go unoccupied until 5pm? What are the chances of getting a space if arriving at 10am with no reservation? Thanks!

I just noticed that this year parking reservations are required at Maroon Bells. Apparently, a day reservation can be made, but your vehicle must arrive before 8:00am. An evening reservation can be made with arrival after 5:00pm. Are no vehicles allowed in after 8:00am? If people arrive before 8am and leave by noon does that space go unoccupied until 5pm? What are the chances of getting a space if arriving at 10am with no reservation? Thanks!
    You need a reservation. There are multiple time slots for the day. Best info is here:
    https://aspenchamber.org/plan-trip/t...s/maroon-bells

You OK with taking the bus up?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

No private vehicles are allowed on the road after 08:00, IIRC. You'd need to take the shuttle from Highlands.

Riding an Ebike up to the Bells is actually quite fun.
    If you want to drive, because of your dog, there are lots of better “dog friendly “ hikes.

Any interest in having Rocky and Hazel romp around on the rugby field, while we enjoy a beer or two?

Got snowed on up around 12k today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Any of you parents see the AVSC prices this year? Pretty high for bringing their own lunches…$144 a day for pre-schoolers with lunch supplied.

Feels like it was a good bit cheaper when our boy was in preschool…and they cut a day off. Guessing they don’t make a ton of profit and it is just part of post COVID prices…but over $1k seems…high for 7 days.

Hate to not support them, but last year SkiCo did $100 a day lessons for local kids. Not sure if offered this year or not and maybe the teaching isn’t as good and they are stuck with some non-local kids.

Any thoughts from other parents besides “suck it up buttercup”

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Any of you parents see the AVSC prices this year? Pretty high for bringing their own lunches…$144 a day for pre-schoolers with lunch supplied.

Feels like it was a good bit cheaper when our boy was in preschool…and they cut a day off. Guessing they don’t make a ton of profit and it is just part of post COVID prices…but over $1k seems…high for 7 days.

Hate to not support them, but last year SkiCo did $100 a day lessons for local kids. Not sure if offered this year or not and maybe the teaching isn’t as good and they are stuck with some non-local kids.

What age are you talking about? AVSC before 1st grade has pros and cons vs ski school. In AVSC you are likely to have the same instructor each week and local kids who may be friends. My daughter had an awesome instructor the past two years. On the other hand you are locked into certain mountains and days and if your kids misses a couple due to illness or something, you lose your money for that day.

Someone at work had mentioned the $100 local rate for kids drop-in group lessons. Anyone got details on that? Looking to get my boys, 3 tomorrow, into potentially a few weekend lessons

I wouldn't stress too much about lack of AVSC support, I heard demand is high and capacity is low so it's going to be a lot like trying to get concert tickets via Ticketmaster i.e. you better be logged on and ready to roll at 10am on Thursday. Ideally will have my 4 y/o in AVSC on weekends and also during the week through preschool. Can't remember the exact program names and their webpage with the program details has been down for over a week at least for me.

I've talked to some other parents and it sounds like the Skico lessons are a very good alternative. I think you can use your premier pass lesson discount vouchers on those too which makes it even cheaper.

For anyone interested, Matsuhisa is doing Monday Night Football $5 hand rolls starting on 9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Riding an Ebike up to the Bells is actually quite fun.
    If you want to drive, because of your dog, there are lots of better “dog friendly “ hikes.
    Second this. Did that one Labor Day. Made riding 38 miles with several thousand feet elevation fain feel like flat 10 miles…

So I have a just turned 7 yo (summer birthday) that did AVSC every year and is doing Pre Dev this year.

Our daughter turns 5 in December, so this is first year she is old enough for AVSC. She has done the Ski Co lessons the last 3 seasons.

Last season…yes there were $100 lessons through Ski Co. you just had to go to ticket office with local school registration. We did it 8 days last season….she loved it and can already ski any blue at Snowmass…fast enough that I get to do turns chasing her…parallel and hockey stops. So they have done a good job.

However, she bonded more with the instructor since kids changed a lot…the one downside.

I didn’t even think about all the different mountains things, especially with my son doing different mountains etc.

Not sure outside of Snowmass where else you can do the lessons?

I am going to call SkiCo and get the details…will post what offerings for this year.

$100 vs $144 per day is significant. Can get a burger and beer at Vail for that…probably no fries though.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I called and talk to SkiCo this morning. They are doing the 6 & Under lesson pass again this year. Pass costs is $32 (it was $30 last year) and obviously, kiddo has to be local. Only available at Buttermilk and Snowmass.

One catch, they did not yet know the pricing of lessons for this year. Last year was $100, so that part is a gamble. If anyone finds this info out before tomorrow...that would be helpful!

I called and talk to SkiCo this morning. They are doing the 6 & Under lesson pass again this year. Pass costs is $32 (it was $30 last year) and obviously, kiddo has to be local. Only available at Buttermilk and Snowmass.

One catch, they did not yet know the pricing of lessons for this year. Last year was $100, so that part is a gamble. If anyone finds this info out before tomorrow...that would be helpful!
    I'd assume those prices are going up, albeit modestly, as is everything else they are selling right now.. ie passes.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'd assume those prices are going up, albeit modestly, as is everything else they are selling right now.. ie passes.
    Yeah…I sucker it up and paid the $1100 for 7 days so she could hopefully ski with her friends. Definitely passing on the December program…will probably still get the SkiCo lesson pass incase we want to put her in more days.

It is gonna be a fun year of skiing with her since sons program is 30 days and her only being in 7. Will be good memories!

Yeah I got mine into two AVSC programs, Saturdays and the weekday program w/her preschool. The registration was much less of a cluster than last year for whatever reason so that was nice.