Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I have a ton of friends that live in deed restricted housing and I’m happy they got a piece of the pie. But every single one of them, has at least one empty bedroom, some two.
    I’ve also got a bud at Deutsche Bank, that finances employee housing projects.
    He thinks they should all be rentals.
    He’s worked with APCHA and he’s not a fan. Says they have lots of stupid little rules that increase the costs of projects exponentially.

The skiings been great, but we got Skunked by this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I have a ton of friends that live in deed restricted housing and I’m happy they got a piece of the pie. But every single one of them, has at least one empty bedroom, some two.
    I’ve also got a bud at Deutsche Bank, that finances employee housing projects.
    He thinks they should all be rentals.
    He’s worked with APCHA and he’s not a fan. Says they have lots of stupid little rules that increase the costs of projects exponentially.

The skiings been great, but we got Skunked by this storm.
    We'll be dry-ish for a few weeks... a few inches here or there it looks like, but not a good cycle again for a while.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Maybe we can at least get a couple Saturday?

Dry January coming in hot as usual. Good time to work on bump skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Warm, wet but snowing!

Anyone headed to Snowmass today?

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

Super fun and empty at Ajax. No freeze overnight so very surfy with 3” on top of soft chalk. First lap in SQR and first day on my Camox 186

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641667149.748706.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	400166

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Anyone headed to Snowmass today?
    I was at the VX @ 8:30 and will probably head back out around 2.

All black on a pair of Wood Grain Praxis Ullars.

Bowl was sweet this morning, there was a bottom but it wasn’t crusty and the 4-6” on top was very surfy

I was at the VX @ 8:30 and will probably head back out around 2.

All black on a pair of Wood Grain Praxis Ullars.
    Was there for the day for AVSC. Wife has the day tomorrow. Skied pretty great huh?

Damn, 8” total on the Aspen stake. Tomorrow could be good unless the warm stuff locks up

Yeah, today was really good!

Untracked all day!
    Easily 10” by the end of the day.

Since all the snow fell yesterday during lift hours. I’ll probably show up to the VX about 8:40, after the powder frenzy subsides.
    Lapping the Knob and Campground until they get the wall open.
    All black, probably on Head Kores.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641761294.331186.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	400375

No pow day today, but the crew was tight

Gotta love West, with a tight crew!

Another three hours of untracked at Slowmass.

What a sneaky awesome weekend. Free refills at an empty Ajax yesterday and amazing bowl laps today. So much fun both days
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Since all the snow fell yesterday during lift hours. I’ll probably show up to the VX about 8:40, after the powder frenzy subsides.
    Lapping the Knob and Campground until they get the wall open.
    All black, probably on Head Kores.
    We were out at snowmass yesterday. I was in a red coat skiing wall laps with a ripping girl contingent.

It was good!

I’m usually skiing Solo in Snowmass, because it’s so big, spread out and I never run into people.

Parking at the Divide and taking a few laps on Campground around 10 today.

That was an excellent weekend. I'm sore and feel like I can ski off piste again with some confidence. We skied highlands both days and Saturday was so good and Sunday it seemed 85% of the 'crowd' went up the bowl so we skied everything else.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Greetings RFV mags.... I have a quick question. Am flying into ASE. My sister and brother in law are working when I arrive. So, I have to catch a bus to Basalt. Does the Bus stop at the airport and take people down valley? I can't find any info on RFTA. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Greetings RFV mags.... I have a quick question. Am flying into ASE. My sister and brother in law are working when I arrive. So, I have to catch a bus to Basalt. Does the Bus stop at the airport and take people down valley? I can't find any info on RFTA. Thank you.
    Yes, check out the schedule on the BRT:

https://www.rfta.com/routes/velocirfta-brt/

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    There is a stop right at the airport. Use the underpass... go under the highway and look for a BRT bus (stops at both Basalt main lot and Willits).
    you have to prepay your fare at the kiosk.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Speaking of buses, I am staying off roaring fork drive just east of downtown. How reliable is that mountain valley line, can I prepay or do I need cash, and is it worth it to take to snowmass or should I just drive over to snowmass? Planning on taking it to both Aspen and Highlands, so trying to figure it out before I'm on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That was an excellent weekend. I'm sore and feel like I can ski off piste again with some confidence. We skied highlands both days and Saturday was so good and Sunday it seemed 85% of the 'crowd' went up the bowl so we skied everything else.
    The line up the bowl yesterday was pretty gnarly, but managed 3 laps and all were pretty amazing for the day after a "small" storm: Full Curl, 5 Points to Zero G, Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Speaking of buses, I am staying off roaring fork drive just east of downtown. How reliable is that mountain valley line, can I prepay or do I need cash, and is it worth it to take to snowmass or should I just drive over to snowmass? Planning on taking it to both Aspen and Highlands, so trying to figure it out before I'm on the ground.
    Mountain Valley will only take you back to Rubey Park for quick access to Ajax. For Highlands/Snowmass: Hop on one of the ski busses from there to get to your destination. Still better than driving and dealing with parking.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Speaking of buses, I am staying off roaring fork drive just east of downtown. How reliable is that mountain valley line, can I prepay or do I need cash, and is it worth it to take to snowmass or should I just drive over to snowmass? Planning on taking it to both Aspen and Highlands.
    All the buses are extremely reliable and all the ones you’ll need, are free. You only pay to go down valley, past the Snowmass(Brush Creek) park and ride.

I’ll be at Highlands this morning. White Colorado Freeride Jacket and helmet, everything else black.