Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Nice turns on the Face and Shoulder yesterday. Return to Panda today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639337336.349327.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	396346

Need to take a day or two off, feeling the knee a little bit, but altogether way stronger than early last year.

We were skiing with the kids on Friday when they dropped the rope on Sam's Knob.... Watching the carnage under the lift was hilarious, so long as nobody tore an ACL... which maybe in retrospect was likely.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Any passholder shareable early season discount tickets? I think one year in the past it was maybe 50% off before 12/20ish? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveLarge View Post
    Any passholder shareable early season discount tickets? I think one year in the past it was maybe 50% off before 12/20ish? Thanks in advance.
    Not this year

It was $39 early season. Not as many deals lately.

Anyone hiking the Bowl tomorrow?

I'm going to wait on the bowl until my brain is ready for that noise... ie I know things are filled in a bit more. I hope we get some skier compaction everywhere today, as the winds that are supposed to come may take more snow away than we get.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

AHSP says that it got really worked by the wind. Probably still decent skiing in the G's, but could be spotty elsewhere.

Skinned up Main to the West warming hut on Sunday. Busy but beautiful

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4206.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	396622

Bowl skied great yesterday. Definitely some wind affected spots and I found some crust that caused me to take a pretty good digger. But sheltered areas were money. Going back for more today …..

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    AHSP says that it got really worked by the wind. Probably still decent skiing in the G's, but could be spotty elsewhere.

Skinned up Main to the West warming hut on Sunday. Busy but beautiful
    ]
    My wife and I skinned up Buttermilk main on Saturday, it was her first time. I'm always surprised by the different skiers and skinners at B-milk.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

How strict are they enforcing the uphill pass thing? I have an ikon there and it might be nice tiehack a bit in between lift days to gentle the knees a bit but am loathe to pay to skin uphill, especially 70 bucks for just a couple days of skinning.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Just skin up Midnight or Little Annes.

Wife and I haven’t been checked so far, but a friend has. Just a question of timing, location and luck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    How strict are they enforcing the uphill pass thing? I have an ikon there and it might be nice tiehack a bit in between lift days to gentle the knees a bit but am loathe to pay to skin uphill, especially 70 bucks for just a couple days of skinning.
    The bands are bright orange, like what airport baggage workers wear. Just wear an orange armband all you'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    The bands are bright orange, like what airport baggage workers wear. Just wear an orange armband all you'll be good.
    Or just pay the $70? You are using benefits that the resort pays for....if you don't believe that to be true....why in the world are you skiing up in bounds? Go skin in the BC.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Damn, 70 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Damn, 70 bucks?
    $10 of which goes to Mountain Rescue Aspen.

No problem with that 10$. 70 bucks?

I mean... it's kinda annoying if you're a non-passholder who's used to skinning for free, but big picture: it's completely in line [and middle of the pack for pricing] for what's happening state-wide and nationally

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/12/0...g-in-colorado/

Got a female coworker looking to buy an uphill setup used if anyone's got a line. 25.5 boot, mid-160s ski.

So go skin up a mountain with no resort amenities if you don't want to pay for resort amenities?

You do realize that 15 to twenty years ago 70 was enough for a ski pass most places? I’m not opposed to a uphill permit, but 70$? Of course this is the Aspen thread, so prices tend to be higher!

It's $69 for the season. That would be a lot to pay for a one-time use of uphill access, but it's hardly an unfair price for a season. I think Eldora charges something like $150 for a season uphill pass (may be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    It's $69 for the season. That would be a lot to pay for a one-time use of uphill access, but it's hardly an unfair price for a season. I think Eldora charges something like $150 for a season uphill pass (may be wrong).
    Yea, I'd pay the money if I was there for the season, or pay like $3 for a day pass, but I'm not paying $70 for like 3 days of skinning thats bonkers.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

You do realize that 15 to twenty years ago 70 was enough for a ski pass most places? I’m not opposed to a uphill permit, but 70$? Of course this is the Aspen thread, so prices tend to be higher!
    Your beloved Jackson doesn’t allow it at all, period.

Aspen’s had the best uphill policy in the US, for decades, on all four mountains.
    None of us pay the fee, because it’s included in our pass. Sure , Skico’s trying to recoup some overhead.

Leroy’s been given options and if the moons Aline, I can even give him a tow up the back. The roads in great shape and no wooptidooses.

On another note, big boy skiing today.
    See you guys out there!

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I mean... it's kinda annoying if you're a non-passholder who's used to skinning for free, but big picture: it's completely in line [and middle of the pack for pricing] for what's happening state-wide and nationally

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/12/0...g-in-colorado/

Got a female coworker looking to buy an uphill setup used if anyone's got a line. 25.5 boot, mid-160s ski.
    I have a 26.5 Mezzalama for sale. I wear a 25.5 alpine boot.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea, I'd pay the money if I was there for the season, or pay like $3 for a day pass, but I'm not paying $70 for like 3 days of skinning thats bonkers.
    I agree that they should have a day pass option.