Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I get back from Hood River on the 11 th.

You could park at my house and I’d give you a ride to the West Snowmass Creek trail head. Catch the bus down from Maroon Lake and back to my house.
    If shred isn't around i can probably help run shuttle as well. Best bet is to go with his plan above.

You can also do it the opposite way. Bus to bells. Stash a car at West snowmass creek trailhead. I would suggest not ending the loop at the W. snowmaass creek trailhead without stashing a car. It's pretty quiet out there, while the Bells exit is busy.

Edit: There is also not much parking at W snowmass creek trailhead
    Last edited by Percy Rideout; 06-13-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Thanks again for everyone's help with my previous questions.

I'll be visiting my wife again early July and we are hoping to do the 4 pass loop.

Since permits were likely booked up months ago, i can:

-book the county bus and hope we finish in time (pickup from aspen highlands at 0800; last return bus is 5?)
    -emailed a private company (start time between 6-745; then get a county bus for return)
    -option 3 is...?

curious if anyone has any other local knowledge?

thanks
    If you have a decent clearance 4x4 you can also start the loop from Geneva Lake trail and spare yourself the whole bells bus/parking fiasco and combo the trip with a beautiful drive, a crystal mill stop, and slow groovin
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Anyone have a lead on MTBs for sale? Looking for an L or XL for me (6'1") and a M or M/L for my lady (5'10), 2019ish or newer, around $3k-$4k each price point. Looking for something appropriate for loops up Governor Trail, Smuggler's, all the standard local rides, etc. Plus occasional bike park visits. Probably something around 140-160mm in front, 130-150mm rear.

Also looking for riding buddies soon as I get a bike sorted out. I used to race DH and CX back in the day, but my garage got broken into and I lost all 5 bikes in a night and basically haven't ridden any MTB at all in a bunch of years. Psyched to get out this summer and pound some trails.

Pop back in here if you haven't found anything in a couple weeks and I may be willing to part with my 2019 Carbon GX Sentinel for 4k. I got it new right before the 2020 riding season (so only two full seasons of use rather than three like most 2019's) and it sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I was planning to ride it for one more year but I might be able to get a new bike earlier than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    Anyone have a lead on MTBs for sale? Looking for an L or XL for me (6'1") and a M or M/L for my lady (5'10), 2019ish or newer, around $3k-$4k each price point. Looking for something appropriate for loops up Governor Trail, Smuggler's, all the standard local rides, etc. Plus occasional bike park visits. Probably something around 140-160mm in front, 130-150mm rear.

Also looking for riding buddies soon as I get a bike sorted out. I used to race DH and CX back in the day, but my garage got broken into and I lost all 5 bikes in a night and basically haven't ridden any MTB at all in a bunch of years. Psyched to get out this summer and pound some trails.
    Were you in Hub of Aspen yesterday? someone had the same questions.

I rode west side of snowmass on Sunday and some of it is dusty already. I'm thinking I want to do some high country (sunnyside et. al) soon, but guessing it'll be a bit before a lot of those are cleared of trees.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

We spun up Buttermilk Saturday morning for our first lap of the season. Riding well but chattery af coming down.

BrokeSomeRibs - where are you living?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oh, and Summer Road gates should have been opened this morning.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Snowmass starting to get things going!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	419122

French Press was good, but it would be nice to get a little rain, before the masses hit it Tuesday.

Name:	IMG_1355.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	419123

Ask and you shall receive. A+ dirt this morning!!!

Brown pow for Father’s Day!

1st ride with the pup at 6:30.

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	419295

Name:	IMG_1362.jpg 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	419296

Name:	IMG_1366.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	419297

Then I hit Rim and 7* solo.

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

So good this morning! Sky Mountain was *mint* and not too busy. Shook off some rust with a full tour

Took the boys out on the Ditch yesterday and I snuck up for a quick Connector

Name:	Image1655672564.402971.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	419298

Name:	Image1655672585.594359.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	419299

Valkyrie ready for tomorrows onslaught.

Name:	IMG_1375.jpg 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	419415

I’ll be up most days.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Were you in Hub of Aspen yesterday? someone had the same questions.
    Nah, wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    BrokeSomeRibs - where are you living?
    I'm in Aspen. Found a small spot for way too much money, but really wanted to be next to the chairlift for a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Pop back in here if you haven't found anything in a couple weeks and I may be willing to part with my 2019 Carbon GX Sentinel for 4k. I got it new right before the 2020 riding season (so only two full seasons of use rather than three like most 2019's) and it sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I was planning to ride it for one more year but I might be able to get a new bike earlier than I thought.
    Talk to me!

I'm in Aspen. Found a small spot for way too much money, but really wanted to be next to the chairlift for a season or two.
    me!

Enjoy! 1A?

First bike down Anaerobic Nightmare for 22.

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	420151

Props to the trail crews for getting out early and getting them clear.

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

Rode Balcony today. Always a challenging ride and one of my favorites but some motos have torn it up in places - all the steep punchy climbs that were always difficult and challenging but rideable are now all blown out deep loose gravel and dust and essentially impossible to ride🤬🤬

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Rode Balcony today. Always a challenging ride and one of my favorites but some motos have torn it up in places - all the steep punchy climbs that were always difficult and challenging but rideable are now all blown out deep loose gravel and dust and essentially impossible to ride����
    Darn, I had that on the list for this year.

The goal is to ride as much once as possible.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Darn, I had that on the list for this year.

The goal is to ride as much once as possible.
    I rode it 10 days ago and it was fine. There are some new options (not totally obvious) to go around some of the steeper/blown-out sections, especially on the second half. I'll check it out again in the next week and report back.

I rode the GT course to Crested Butte on Friday. I was definetly the weakest link of the group and paid for the climb up Ajax. I’m a strong climber but Ajax frontside sucks; Midnight would have been much more agreeable.

I crumbled for a while on the climb towards Gold Hill, but came back to life between Taylor and Star. Snow is still packed in below Star and it was pretty muddy from Taylor Pass onwards. The final punch on Upper Upper above CB was a nice twist of the knife.

7hrs moving time made for a day for me. I’ve only had 2-3 real rides this season and no real fitness to speak of in 2022…

Name:	Image1656522471.627295.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	420235

Name:	Image1656522490.205825.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	420236

Name:	Image1656522503.285622.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	420237

Name:	Image1656522527.043701.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	420238

Name:	Image1656522538.608958.jpg 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	420239

Nice work on the traverse!

Anyone have shop recommendations for a wheelbuild in the RFV?

Dirt

Talk to me!
    Think I'm gonna keep my steed for one more season, sorry!!

I've actually contemplated that as an ebike ride.... excellent work on the traverse.

Mind sharing the gps file?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Pod Highmen will be lurking down Southwest of RFV at our chaqteau for a couple of weeks. Should we sashay over McClure to lurk for a night or two, will volley out.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I've actually contemplated that as an ebike ride.... excellent work on the traverse.

Mind sharing the gps file?
    It would def be a bit more enjoyable on an e-MTB. I'm hardly an e-MTB proponent, but that ride made the prevalence of e-MTB for alpine riding in ze Alps seem far more justified.

I'll email you the GPX file

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Pod Highmen will be lurking down Southwest of RFV at our chaqteau for a couple of weeks. Should we sashay over McClure to lurk for a night or two, will volley out.
    It's beautiful here right now, but busy, expensive! and about to get into the mid-80s...

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    It would def be a bit more enjoyable on an e-MTB. I'm hardly an e-MTB proponent, but that ride made the prevalence of e-MTB for alpine riding in ze Alps seem far more justified.

I'll email you the GPX file

It's beautiful here right now, but busy, expensive! and about to get into the mid-80s...
    We just had the nicest spring/early summer I can remember for at least 10 years... I've loved it. Looks like we'll be back to hot summer, hopefully still smoke free.

Thanks for the file!

I'm not a huge proponent, but I think for big, mostly jeep road rides they are a great adventure tool. I'm sure I'll be more of a proponent in a few years when I just need to go out and ride and don't have the same punch anymore.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com