Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    It's one of his best lines. While no longer politically correct, he came from a different time.

Besides, it is shit howdy funny, and so Klaus.

At the Tradeshow formerly known as SIA, OR/SIA, one of the most remarkable displays is at the Sport Obermeyer booth which has been front and center, for as long as anyone remembers.

It's a big wall showing all of Klaus's contributions to our sport. It goes back quite a ways. There are many.

From the first down parkas to the first rear entry ski boot, the San Marco Rapido. The list is really amazing.

The 10th Mtn. vets and people like Klaus, formed and shaped the industry we know today. Certainly here in Colorado .

So great he is still lapping Tiehack, on the lift named for him.

jummo

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

My dad didn’t grow up skiing and was never as good as the legends. But he was in good shape in his 80’s and ended up skiing Buttermilk with Klaus, Friedl Phieffer and Peter Siebert, till the end.
    They would ski couple of runs and then share a bottle of wine at the Cliff House.

I never knew a Tiehack was a mining timber and that’s where the best ones were harvested.

yup and Klaus outfitted the whole valley with quality clothing that he was basically giving away at the backdoor sale in July at the warehouse in the ABC. Whole lot of kids got outfitted that way. Wish I'd kept my fabulous collection of fartbags.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    yup and Klaus outfitted the whole valley with quality clothing that he was basically giving away at the backdoor sale in July at the warehouse in the ABC. Whole lot of kids got outfitted that way. Wish I'd kept my fabulous collection of fartbags.
    One of the only companies committed to making a line of kids ski outerwear. Adjustable hems, actually warm, etc.

Spyder and Columbia are the only other real players in that market. Patagonia stuff is more limited and usually more akin to shrunken down adult stuff, and often “too cold” for little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    One of the only companies committed to making a line of kids ski outerwear. Adjustable hems, actually warm, etc.

Spyder and Columbia are the only other real players in that market. Patagonia stuff is more limited and usually more akin to shrunken down adult stuff, and often “too cold” for little kids.
    Unfortunately Patagonia also makes ridiculously long sleeves across all of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Unfortunately Patagonia also makes ridiculously long sleeves across all of their products.
    The trade-off for their sizing is the same purple Patagonia jacket lasted 11 consecutive winters between my niece and then my two daughters.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    The trade-off for their sizing is the same purple Patagonia jacket lasted 11 consecutive winters between my niece and then my two daughters.

This mf indestructible

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1221.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	395321

Just ordered our 4 yo an Obermeyer outfit for Christmas….I would rather give almost anyone money versus Patagonia

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

First day out for the dudes. They were so psyched and got right back into it

Name:	Image1638758619.515762.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	395461

Still rocking their 18mo Pata suits at 27mo (and 90th percentile on height) today. Well worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Just ordered our 4 yo an Obermeyer outfit for Christmas….I would rather give almost anyone money versus Patagonia

Is Patagonia on the naughty list of companies now? Sorry I can't keep track.

Snow in the forecast every day this week, hopefully winter is here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    I think of this every time i see the ubiquitous squaw valley puff with the olympic rings that everybody wore the past decade.

I would rather give almost anyone money versus Patagonia

Don't worry, most of my kids patagucci stuff is hand-me-downs from my niece, so I haven't given them any money. I think that's called "owning the libs"?
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Is Patagonia on the naughty list of companies now? Sorry I can't keep track.

Snow in the forecast every day this week, hopefully winter is here to stay
    yea I thought there were like one of the very few companies not hated?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Their pricing has become insane. They still have some quality items that will last, but giving in is just feeding the beast. Would much rather give my money to Obermeyer or Strafe. Heck, even REI branded stuff is much better value.

Now, if you get pro deals or its hand me down...for sure. But at MSRP, no chance I would buy my toddlers their stuff. They are only going to wear it maybe 1.5 seasons if you are lucky.

What do I know though....maybe my kids would be happier if they had $55 overalls $35 insulated underwear.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Their pricing has become insane. They still have some quality items that will last, but giving in is just feeding the beast. Would much rather give my money to Obermeyer or Strafe. Heck, even REI branded stuff is much better value.

Now, if you get pro deals or its hand me down...for sure. But at MSRP, no chance I would buy my toddlers their stuff. They are only going to wear it maybe 1.5 seasons if you are lucky.

What do I know though....maybe my kids would be happier if they had $55 overalls $35 insulated underwear.
    We almost never pay full retail for patagonia stuff (no bro forms...) as it's easy enough to find stuff gently used or on sale. And it resells well or lasts long enough that it's worth it to me. I'm happy to spend an extra 10-20% to buy quality and support the most progressive for-profit initiatives in the industry.

FWIW John and Pete are great guys with good intention, but they don't need your money anymore than the next corporation. Strafe's stuff is also very expensive retail, absolutely is lower quality and has a just a 2yr vs lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    We almost never pay full retail for patagonia stuff (no bro forms...) as it's easy enough to find stuff gently used or on sale. And it resells well or lasts long enough that it's worth it to me. I'm happy to spend an extra 10-20% to buy quality and support the most progressive for-profit initiatives in the industry.

FWIW John and Pete are great guys with good intention, but they don't need your money anymore than the next corporation. Strafe's stuff is also very expensive retail, absolutely is lower quality and has a just a 2yr vs lifetime warranty.
    This, except the whole local thing....

I love all my patagucci pieces. I have had good luck with the Strafe things I've gotten for my wife.

2" to make it look wintery... I'll take anything. Hope the SW winds don't last as long as predicted with the end of week storm.

Got my youngest up on Aspen for the first time the other day.. He freaking loved it.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Strafe holds the title of making the only outerwear that was so poorly put together I returned it. I wouldn’t wear anything from Strafe if they paid me.

$600 MSRP jacket was put together like something you would find at Marshall’s for $34.99.

I have 4 reserved tickets to Shane Smith and the Saints at the Belly Up 12/8 I can’t use, $216.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Got my youngest up on Aspen for the first time the other day.. He freaking loved it.
    Awesome! It’s where Abel always wants to go….but we still end up at Snowmass or Buttermilk due to Nora, our youngest.

Name:	9365CB8D-1D10-4101-80BD-6E02082D5F43.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	395804

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638934590.176277.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	395805

You guy’s all have really cute kids.
    You’re very fortunate to be able to raise them in this environment.

Enjoy it while they’re young and know that once they’re gone, you’ll have even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You guy’s all have really cute kids.
    You’re very fortunate to be able to raise them in this environment.

Enjoy it while they’re young and know that once they’re gone, you’ll have even more fun!
    Thanks...as vibes and gr will attest, it is pretty darn fun!

I don't yet have an opinion one way or another yet...but this is definitely interesting:

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/free...ough-approval/

^^^ I read that this morning and all I could think was lawsuits. No building permits at all, even for a remodel, etc.

The government saying, we just refuse to do our job. I don't see this ending well.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I have no clue how that's supposed to solve the affordable housing problem we have here but maybe city council is super smart and if these rich people can't remodel their McMansions or rent them out to other rich people for a week at a time for tens of thousands of dollars, they will start renting rooms to lifties for $850/month.

Armchair local government, fun.

Skiing is getting better by the hour right now. Aspen was great today. I’ll be back out at lunch tomorrow and all weekend.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    ^^^ I read that this morning and all I could think was lawsuits. No building permits at all, even for a remodel, etc.

The government saying, we just refuse to do our job. I don't see this ending well.
    I believe you would be able to do a remodel as long as you are not adding square footage or height.

But yeah…..

Really wish I was skiing tomorrow, but gonna pass on this one to catch up with work. Hope next week produces as well!

Anyone know when they wiped the 24 hour shelves? Snow report from this morning and storm totals are interesting. Didn’t know we were getting that much before tonight.