Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

2021/22 ASPEN/RFV Condtions

I just about cried, when Grant told me my Beloved Kastle’s, just had their last tune.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1006.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	406577

They totally buffed the Down Hill Course last night.
    Farewell old friend, enjoy!

Fingers crossed the forecast holds for next week! Ski season just started again!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Hoping my flight can land on Thursday Morning. So very psyched. It's been ten years. I'll be wearing Dark Purple Jacket, Black Pants. Blue and Orange Dalbellos. I have spare change. Skiing Friday through Sunday. Not sure where.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Baker is the omnipresent alpha, Blakeslee is the rising star though

Got up the Bowl yesterday and had some nice soft turns into the middle G’s. A bit more wind affected off the top than expected but a beautiful afternoon.

Heading into Lindley today

Enjoy the skiing near Lindley. Hope there are some protected pockets from the wind..

I've had the opportunity to ski that second line on a good day (double digits in the middle of a cycle) and felt like the best skier in the world for a few moments. So many good lines in there.
    Sam is killing it on two wheels and two skis.
    Baker, Victor, George et. al. are powerhouses and will be for another good while.... I'll be interested in seeing if Rossi pays for Baker to film with/for any of the other production houses.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Found some good snow still in the trees if snowmass and skied Roberto’s, wall 2, rock island and a secret tree stash with the 9 year old and she crushed it all.

Headed up now to ski whatever this will be… will be happy with 3 runs with the kids. Maybe we can teach the 6 year old pole plants today

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Hoping my flight can land on Thursday Morning. So very psyched. It's been ten years. I'll be wearing Dark Purple Jacket, Black Pants. Blue and Orange Dalbellos. I have spare change. Skiing Friday through Sunday. Not sure where.
    What airline and from where?
    They have different weather procedures.

Regardless, always have everything you need to ski, with you. Even on direct flights.
    If shit hits the fan, don’t worry about checked bags. Just get here. Often that means a one way rental car from DEN or GJT. Booking ahead, with free cancellation, will save you big money.

GR: You park at Two Creeks?
    I like parking at the Divide.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Found some good snow still in the trees if snowmass and skied Roberto’s, wall 2, rock island and a secret tree stash with the 9 year old and she crushed it all.

Headed up now to ski whatever this will be… will be happy with 3 runs with the kids. Maybe we can teach the 6 year old pole plants today

Nice GR! Always fun watching the kiddos conquer that next run! Worked for a couple hours with my 6 yo in tow this morning, then hit Highlands. He is starting to do blue mogul runs, cruises the steeper blues and hits the shorter black mogul runs between catwalks. He approached the wall today and then thought better, but did do most of Limelight.

Hope you had a good day with both in tow!

Name:	Image1645494848.850336.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	406916
    Last edited by gretch6364; 02-21-2022 at 07:54 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I look forward to lurking in this thread over the next couple of days. Have fun boys and girls
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Nice GR! Always fun watching the kiddos conquer that next run! Worked for a couple hours with my 6 yo in tow this morning, then hit Highlands. He is starting to do blue mogul runs, cruises the steeper blues and hits the shorter black mogul runs between catwalks. He approached the wall today and then thought better, but did do most of Limelight.

Hope you had a good day with both in tow!

Name:	Image1645494848.850336.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	406916
    Wow, that is so cool.

Lindley was great, nice and sunny with good company.

Name:	Image1645499891.323296.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	884.3 KB 
ID:	406922

Name:	Image1645499961.909981.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	406923

No touring for me, but my wife took our friend out for a road lap. Lots of wind up on the ridge lines and weird warm pow done low.

Strokes+Gaston+Steiner had been in Friday night, tried Dr Evil and said everything was rough up high.

Good times and we made it back for a few Ajax laps yesterday and I snuck a few in today (brrr!). We’ll see how much actually stacks up this week; I’m feeling it might under perform?

Name:	Image1645499982.036157.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	351.2 KB 
ID:	406924

Name:	Image1645500033.649436.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	406925

You take that back Alpine!!!

35” next three days….

I’m seeing a 27” top end, and I beg for it to happen. Even willing to play reverse psychology with Ullr to induce happiness

Departed Sunday am. Happy to see you guys getting some more on top of last weeks snow

Aggressive in my own mind

Taking today off. I'll be out early tomorrow at Snowmass likely.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    What airline and from where?
    They have different weather procedures.

Regardless, always have everything you need to ski, with you. Even on direct flights.
    If shit hits the fan, don’t worry about checked bags. Just get here. Often that means a one way rental car from DEN or GJT. Booking ahead, with free cancellation, will save you big money.

GR: You park at Two Creeks?
    I like parking at the Divide.
    Thanks for the advice Shred. I am taking all my ski gear... minus skis and poles... as carryon. Skis, poles, and most street clothes are in the ski bag. Flying United from Portland to Denver then ASE. I'm looking at the Thursday morning weather and hoping for the best. But preparing for possibility of a four hour drive or Bus Ride from DIA. Expedia just gave me a free cancellation up to an hour after I land. Luckily I have an early morning flight. If Ullr and the airplane gods are on my side, I will be going from the airport to Buttermilk for an afternoon of laps on Tiehack until my brother is done teaching skiing. Fingers way crossed.

Thanks for the advice Shred. I am taking all my ski gear... minus skis and poles... as carryon. Skis, poles, and most street clothes are in the ski bag. Flying United from Portland to Denver then ASE. I'm looking at the Thursday morning weather and hoping for the best. But preparing for possibility of a four hour drive or Bus Ride from DIA. Expedia just gave me a free cancellation up to an hour after I land. Luckily I have an early morning flight. If Ullr and the airplane gods are on my side, I will be going from the airport to Buttermilk for an afternoon of laps on Tiehack until my brother is done teaching skiing. Fingers way crossed.
    Good luck! I had to rebook to junction and drive home in the snow last night after the plane slid off the runway in Aspen and closed the whole airport for 9 hours. I figured if I didn’t make it home last night I wouldn’t until thursday but actually looks like flights have been getting in today. We’ll see what happens overnight and tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Got out for some Tiehack pow laps with a crew of 11y/o. Nice and soft and no one skiing. Sounds like a snow day tomorrow, so hopefully I can go ski something more adventurous!

I drove past the airport at 12:15 right after that plane slid yesterday. Crazy sight with all the emergency vehicles. We’ll see what happens with flights tomorrow, though a decent amount got out today.

We’ve had a friend here for a week and she was supposed to be flying back to LA tomorrow at 1. American pre-cancelled her flight, today, and she is being given a Monday rebooking…

19 inches overnight? FKNA!!!

19 inches overnight? FKNA!!!
    In 48hrs; snow stake shows just over 10”

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    In 48hrs; snow stake shows just over 10”
    Snowmass is reporting 19" in 24.

10 on the SM stake which is cleared daily when the lifts close I think was alpine's point. We did not get 19" overnight. Regardless, pretty sure the skiing will be decent today.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  7.6 KB

Have fun out there today, gents.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Snowmass is reporting 19" in 24.
    lol where’d they get that number. Shameless I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Enjoy the snow everyone! With the kids home today and work, I am gonna grind and ski tomorrow....hopefully it keeps coming and we can get another 10" in the next 24. Hopefully everyone hits it hard today and is too tired tomorrow ;-)

With the big number at Snowmass for the last 24, tomorrow should be a lot quieter there for the morning session.

I'll be happy to take your sloppy seconds and cold smoke thirds this weekend. Thursday Afternoon... hopefully, through Sunday. Flying out Sunday night. Dreaded 4 letter word on Monday.
    Last edited by CnRzG; 02-23-2022 at 09:39 AM.