Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    A quick PSA, i was looking at sport hills site and saw some of their 3sp winter pants as 2020 factory seconds- they also applied the 25% black friday discount so 159 became 59. I took a flyer on 2 different styles
    There were still some remaining last I checked
    Last edited by gettinfat; 11-26-2021 at 01:36 PM. Reason: can't spell

I have the sporthill pants and amfib tights, both from around 2006~.

Both are awesome, I commute in the tights and farbime in the sporthills. Pants are more comfy bit the tights are better for wTer/snow shedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Giving the sport hills a go. Also picked up some of the handuo gloves AT pant but those are more trail build and pumptrack w kids.

trying the Men's Factory Second 3SP® XC® Pant & meteor gloves. thanks op and contributors, i'd been wanting a better foul weather waist down choice!
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    2. If you go with tights or bib-tights, consider getting ones without a chamois. This allows you to change out shorts underneath so that you always have something fresh against your "business" without the need to continually wash the tights. If you're looking to ride more often than you're going to do laundry, this is the way to go.
    Thanks again! I'm getting closer to a decision, I think. Can you (or anyone) comment at all on the fit of the Amfib bibs and pants? The model in the picture is 6'2" and 195 lbs and wearing an M, but elsewhere on the site it states that the amfib tights run small and ou should size up. I'm a little shorter (6') and a little lighter (190 lbs) but am confused by the directions on the webpage.

If I buy the non-chamois version of the tights, should I size up if I'm planning on laying a set of bibs underneath? I.e. if I wear an L in my normal PI bib shorts with chamois, should I order an XL in the amfib tights or pants?

Last question - let's assume I'm layering. In terms of warmth/protection, would you rate the Amfib Tight + bib short as similar to the Amfib Lite pant or Launch Trail pant + bib short?

Thanks!

Seth

I'm 6'1 and 160-165 and find the mediums to fit me pretty well, maybe on the snug side. No way i could wear them if i was 30lbs heavier (well, I guess if that was mostly upper body muscle it'd be fine). I have a few other PI bibs in M and don't notice a huge difference, maybe they stretch a little less because they're thicker.

The tights are warmer than the launch pants.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    general consensus seems to be tights here. I'm fine down to high 20s with gore windstopper leg warmers under normal weight bibs. The hands and feet are my problem areas.

I have some Nordic skiing pants I wear with padded shorts and they work well. Add a base layer for really cold temps. Also just picked up a pair of Club Ride Fat Jacks and love em. Super comfy and wind proof. Will be great this winter.

Ordered a pair of the Sporthills, will review soon. Just in time for the weather to turn and bikes to be put away for a while.

Whats everyone wearing for a top? Mostly trail riding, seems I'm either sweating or freezing
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by gettinfat View Post
    Xtrapickles,

could you comment on AmFIB pants fit?I went to order some and checking reviews it seems that fit is all over the board but mostly huge and the waist adjustment is limited.

I honestly don't have any production pairs, so I can't. Seems like they're fitting larger based on the above info in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Thanks again! I'm getting closer to a decision, I think. Can you (or anyone) comment at all on the fit of the Amfib bibs and pants? The model in the picture is 6'2" and 195 lbs and wearing an M, but elsewhere on the site it states that the amfib tights run small and ou should size up. I'm a little shorter (6') and a little lighter (190 lbs) but am confused by the directions on the webpage.

If I buy the non-chamois version of the tights, should I size up if I'm planning on laying a set of bibs underneath? I.e. if I wear an L in my normal PI bib shorts with chamois, should I order an XL in the amfib tights or pants?

Last question - let's assume I'm layering. In terms of warmth/protection, would you rate the Amfib Tight + bib short as similar to the Amfib Lite pant or Launch Trail pant + bib short?

Thanks!

Seth
    1. I do not size up with the chamois-less tights. I don't think adding a bibshort underneath takes up much volume.
    2. Amfib tight + Short is the warmest combination, followed closely by the Amfib Lite pant. The Trail pant + bib is a bit further back in 3rd for warmth.

Cold weather pants/tights

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    general consensus seems to be tights here. I'm fine down to high 20s with gore windstopper leg warmers under normal weight bibs. The hands and feet are my problem areas.
    Tights are great, if it’s dry. I prefer Gortex pants If it’s moist.

I ended up with the amfib tight and the amfib lite pant. They are enroute.

I run hot so goretex is a no go for me unless a downpour. I end up as wet inside as I am outside.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I ended up with the amfib tight and the amfib lite pant. They are enroute.

I run hot so goretex is a no go for me unless a downpour. I end up as wet inside as I am outside.

I'm interested in your feedback; I'll pass both good and bad onto the inline product team.

(FWIW that goes for anyone who wears any PI gear. I / we genuinely appreciate feedback. Typically external feedback from you the consumer is pretty powerful. From our viewpoint, we're often pulled in multiple directions based on feedback, so it's hard to discern to the "correct" information).

This thread is encouraging me to buy trail pants but currently not on the top of my spending list. I would love to see a full waterproof front pant with a lightweight backside and no insulation for riding a fendered bike in 45-50 and raining (ie Seattle).

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I'm interested in your feedback; I'll pass both good and bad onto the inline product team.

(FWIW that goes for anyone who wears any PI gear. I / we genuinely appreciate feedback. Typically external feedback from you the consumer is pretty powerful. From our viewpoint, we're often pulled in multiple directions based on feedback, so it's hard to discern to the "correct" information).

I got the amfib lite pants yesterday and threw them on for a quick few strokes on the trainer. They feel great - they were cut perfectly for riding. However I noticed that the ankle cuff rides up a bit when pedaling and could potentially expose my ankle when pedaling. Looking at the modelling pictures online it looks like this might be intentional. Am I missing something on how to make sure they don't expose skin? I would ride these with taller riding boots but am still concerned. (Pictures with short socks which should show my concern).

Long versions of pants would be cool. I have a lot of their stuff so if there's somewhere xtrpickles would like feedback sent I can do that too.

Or I just need to learn how to sew and modifiy my clothes. or have someone do that.
    Last edited by jamal; 12-05-2021 at 06:52 PM.

I have the heavy amfib and w a 33” inseam haven’t noticed them riding up much, though am a member of the long sock club, especially winter miles. Other than the size 30 vs normal ~33, really do like these pants.

Have a bunch of PI gear, other favorites are Rove shirt/flannel and the Vesta puffy/softshell jacket, plus a bunch of traditional roadie jerseys and bibs. Would like to get the summit thermal hoodie, but covered w other garments in that area already.

One bit of feedback I have on the MTB liner shorts w pockets is that compared to Spec SWAT and a few others is that the pockets would really work a bit better if they hung loose at bottom rather than sewn tight. Makes getting things in/out harder than the SWAT, which are still the best of this type I’ve tried bc they also sit slightly lower and overhang your short waist a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Long versions of pants would be cool. I have a lot of their stuff so if there's somewhere xtrpickles would like feedback sent I can do that too.

Or I just need to learn how to sew and modifiy my clothes. or have someone do that.
    Offering tall/long sizes would be amazing (down to at least medium please, although my younger self would have greatly appreciated down to small). I know Rapha and Endura have long bibs, and Specialized used to offer a couple bibs and jerseys in tall, but not sure if they still do. Not aware of any others.

I know the market for tall sizes in bicycle clothing is somewhat limited, but PI could have it to themselves, basically what Eddie Bauer currently has for tall technical clothing (and I’ve bought a ton of Eddie Bauer since I found that out).

I got the amfib lite pants yesterday and threw them on for a quick few strokes on the trainer. They feel great - they were cut perfectly for riding. However I noticed that the ankle cuff rides up a bit when pedaling and could potentially expose my ankle when pedaling. Looking at the modelling pictures online it looks like this might be intentional. Am I missing something on how to make sure they don't expose skin? I would ride these with taller riding boots but am still concerned. (Pictures with short socks which should show my concern).

Those look like joggers. Wear long socks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Those PI tights look pretty awesome. I’ve had really good luck with all of their stuff. All sold out on the Canadian website so might have to find a retailer and try them on

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I ended up keeping the pants. I put them on with the Lake 303 and boots and the was sufficient overlap.

The short socks were to illustrate the gap (although I typically ride with short socks). Without the boots even long socks would result in really cold ankles. I figure I won't be wearing these without boots so I probably don't need to worry.

They are a good weight - less than the Costco softshell pants so they will layer well with the bib shorts and bib tights.

Today my ride was at about 27F in the snow. Mountain/fat biking so I was putting off plenty of heat and not having to deal with much wind.

Amfib tights showed up yesterday. The picture on the website says that the model was 6'2" and 195 lbs and wearing a medium. I'm 6' and 195 pounds so figured a large should be fine. It was not. These are going back for XLs and I'm hoping those are going to be big enough.

Seth

(although I typically ride with short socks).
    You're out. Penance required to rejoin society.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Amfib tights showed up yesterday. The picture on the website says that the model was 6'2" and 195 lbs and wearing a medium. I'm 6' and 195 pounds so figured a large should be fine. It was not. These are going back for XLs and I'm hoping those are going to be big enough.

Seth

Maybe you and the model have different densities